Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: COUNTDOWN FULL EPISODE REQUESTS FOR JANUARY 2018

Well done Armin, Jason, Patrick and the rest of you - I fully concur with all the episode choices. Let us hope many of these are aired as January aint too far away. It comes around quick now which is pleasing. Nearly time to awaken from my hibernation. Although I believe there was a segment of very rare 70s stuff shown on one of the Rage vault specials during the year. Must have missed that one.

Brett (2)
Well done Armin, Jason, Patrick and the rest of you - I fully concur with all the episode choices. Let us hope many of these are aired as January aint too far away. It comes around quick now which is pleasing. Nearly time to awaken from my hibernation. Although I believe there was a segment of very rare 70s stuff shown on one of the Rage vault specials during the year. Must have missed that one.

Yes, there was a 1978 Vault episode shown back in August:

8/8/17 1978

BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND Still The Same
NICOLETTE LARSON Lotta Love
BONNIE TYLER It's A Heartache
GRAHAM BONNET It's All Over Now Baby Blue
GERRY RAFFERTY Whatever's Written In Your Heart
MOODY BLUES, THE Had To Fall In Love
TODD RUNDGREN Can We Still Be Friends
PROMISES Baby It's You
HEART Crazy On You
PATTI SMITH Because The Night
CAT STEVENS (Remember The Days Of The) Old School Yard
WINGS With A Little Luck
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me
TOTO I'll Supply The Love
SWEET, THE Love Is Like Oxygen
BOB WELCH Ebony Eyes
ALICE COOPER (No More) Love At Your Convenience
DRAGON Still In Love With You
LITTLE RIVER BAND Reminiscing
MICHAEL NESMITH Rio
CAROLE BAYER SAGER You're Moving Out Today
ABBA Take A Chance On Me
MUSCLES Love Is All I've Got
BEE GEES, THE More Than A Woman
TRAMMPS, THE Disco Inferno
JOE TEX Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman)
BONEY M Rivers Of Babylon
ERUPTION I Can't Stand The Rain
HOT CHOCOLATE Everyone's A Winner
CHAKA KHAN I'm Every Woman
CHIC Dance, Dance, Dance
EARTH, WIND AND FIRE Fantasy
GEORGE BENSON On Broadway
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Mister Blue Sky
FLASH and THE PAN Down Among The Dead Men
10CC Dreadlock Holiday
PETER TOSH and MICK JAGGER Don't Look Back

And there's another 70s special tonight, though with fewer not-aired-before-on-rage clips shown.

I post the Monday night Vault playlists in a dedicated thread each Monday - worth checking out to see if something of interest is showing.

I've emailed rage to show us The Factory episode with Bros and Transvision Vamp. Hopefully the consider it with the new Bros tour.

I've emailed rage to show us The Factory episode with Bros and Transvision Vamp. Hopefully they consider it with the new Bros tour.

Michael
I've emailed rage to show us The Factory episode with Bros and Transvision Vamp. Hopefully the consider it with the new Bros tour.

The Bros tour has been cancelled, if you haven't heard.

I'd like to see some more The Factory, too, but a full 3 hour show with many non-music segments is probably too much. Still, the 1989 episodes were only 2 hours long. They could do a Factory special, like they've done Recovery specials, on Saturday night.

Being a fan of late 80s/early 90s music, it's a shame that this era often gets overlooked by rage during retro month. I know some people want wall to wall Countdown, which I wouldn't have a problem with, but I'd often prefer some The Factory or Countdown Revolution to a Rock Arena episode with no acts I care for on it.

I did not know it was cancelled! Oh well, still a good episode though. Never was a Bros fan, but love 'I Owe You Nothing'. They were huge in '88 which is why I want to see this episode. I agree 3 hours is a bit long, but i don't think snippets woul cut it. Maybe a 3am start in Week 1? I too would love to see mmore stuff from '88 & '89. If only Countdown lasted until the end of the 80's.

Michael
Maybe a 3am start in Week 1?

They'll no doubt be locked into their 'must finish retro month/special/guest programmer segment by 5am' format, I suspect, unfortunately. So that's unlikely to happen.

I wish retro would run through until the end of the show like it used to.

Do we know for sure that Countdown is being repeated again in January?

Given the recent specials that were aired on Sunday Nights, and the fact that RAGE has being doing the January retro specials since 1993 now.

I think they might scale back to 1 or 2 episodes now, and put more Recovery etc into the playlists.

Retro Month is definitely back. My TV guide states:

rage Retro Month
11:52PM - 5:00AM
January is retro month on rage as we take our annual look back on the classic videos from the rage archive.

Not sure yet what they are going to show, but Countdown, as we know, is most popular amongst Rage watchers.