Return to Website

Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

A community to discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

Forum: Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
2017 Countdown episodes

Hi all, I have finally got around to burning Jan Countdown episodes onto disc. I am having trouble after burning them as the disc pixelates and pauses when i play them. So, i am putting it out there, if anyone would like to burn 11 episodes onto disc for me, i am happy to pay a nice price for your efforts. I need one episode per disc recorded in XP and in 4:3. email me. Cheers.

Email  
Re: 2017 Countdown episodes

I don't think I kept many full episodes from last January, but I think I kept all of the Lene Lovich-hosted one.

I've backed up all of my retro month discs as individual files now, though, so can compile specific clips/performances - but you probably want full episodes.

I recorded in 4:3 and XP.

Hi Nathan, i managed to get 6 of the 17 episodes on disc, as i recorded them straight onto disc when it aired as they were the first episodes played for the night. Then the rest of the night on HDD. I got Lene Lovich on disc. Yes, full episodes 😃. I might have to do the old hook up a DVD recorder to the HDD and record onto disc while playing. Probably the safest option too!

Email  

I would have all the episodes in full, in 4:3 ratio (or whatever aspect they were broadcast in) with black bars on the sides and recorded in XP mode.

I am busy with football for the next 3 weeks but after that would have time to look at this if no one else is able to assist.

Thanks Armin, i say 4:3 meaning no black bars. Thanks for offering though, as always.😃

Email  

Michael,

Which episodes do you need from January 2017.

I have just been wrapping up burning most of them, let me know and I will try to do as many for you as I can.

Hi Jason,

Great if you could help me out.

The 11 episodes are:

1 May 1983 (Lene Lovich)
8 November 1981 (Russell Hitchcock)
6 April 1986 (Venetians)
5 April 1981 (James Freud)
3 June 1984 (Eurogliders)
30 October 1983 (Lynda Nutter)
27 March 1983 (Dire Straits)
10 February 1980 (Ellen Foley) (even though rage have it as 9 March 1980)
25 July 1982 (JPY)
17 April 1982 (Duran Duran)yes a repeat, but want to replace the original)
28 August 1983 - Joan Armatrading

Cheers.

Email  

Cool,

I will get onto it for you

Michael,

I sent you an email