Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ROCK ARENA EPISODE REQUESTS

I usually only request 3-4 episodes of CD or RA and have had quite good success that way. If you send rage a list of 10 to 20 episodes they'll either ignore it as it is too overwhelming or just pick one of the first two on your list. I think they only show 5-6 Rock Arenas per retro month anyway.

I usually send them about 10 Countdown's and on some years I get about 5 or 6 episodes played so whatever they chose from my list I am grateful to get a couple of them with Countdown and Rock Arena.

This year I got 1 or 2 Countdown's played from my list and that was all and my list was smaller than usual. So when I send bigger lists I usually get more

^ Yes, with rage I think it's pretty much luck of the draw.

But I think they do keep lists of requests... for years. I know there were quite a few videos I'd suggested years earlier that got aired on the 2016 Vault special.

I've sent in my requests for 4 Rock Arenas... none of the ones listed above.

We'll see how many get up.

One of them is not listed in TARA so don't know exactly when it aired but was around Sep-Oct 1988 and had a few Do Re Mi clips in it. Who knows how faulty my memory is and whether they could find it.

i wouldn't mind seeing the "Rock Arena" 2 Part Metal Special that Aired years ago + some "BeatBox" episodes also.

Really hope we get a couple of Rock Arenas in the remaining weeks

Would love to see The Smiths episode again that was aired in 2007 - taped it but lost the tape :slightly_frowning_face:

I hope rage don't play The Smiths ROCK ARENA again as it'
s already been played and The Smiths always get played.

I have a copy somewhere, I will try and find it for you and do you a copy

Thanks Jason...never got around to watching it. Was looking forward to the Johnny Marr interview

After January I will look for The Smiths episode for you

:sunglasses:

Does anyone know how many Rock Arena episodes remain?

It seems that there will be 4 Countdowns this week, maybe that means they've found room for 1 Rock Arena. If it's one of the ones I requested I will be in Heaven!