Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

Very happy with some selections this week.

I love Inner City and it will be brilliant to get a nice copy of Watcha Gonna Do With My Lovin' and Caron Wheeler is one of my favourite female vocalists and Livin' In The Light is my favourite track of hers so getting this video is FABULOUS!

Also love Manatronix, good stuff

And 2 STATIC Boy I'll House Ya is brillllll and The Shamen selection is a great one

Would have been a lovely change to play Power Of Love from Dee-Lite instead of Groove Is In The Heart and from Beats International 'Won't Talk About It' which is such a slice of GENIUS.

Good to see The Beloved in there too, would have loved 24 Hours from Betty Boo instead of Where Are You Baby?

Though still, quite a few videos on this special though which haven't been played on rage in decades

Michael
Why don't they put Monday night playlists up on the website? I know they post on facebook, but if they put all the other nights playlists up on the website, why not Monday's?

I get the impression rage have been on 'skeletal staff' since around the time the election was announced, and still appear to be. They never comment on Facebook posts anymore, for example.

Guru Bob
Are they replacing this segment with women's soccer repeats now or am I reading the TV guide wrong?

I really hope not.

Who wants to watch (women's or men's) soccer at that hour?

Looking at next weeks' programming they are only showing the women's soccer on the Tues/Wed night - which is a repeat of their regular Sunday afternoon program.

It looks like they will only replay the Saturday afternoon soccer on the Mon/Tues night and next week there is no game broadcast in that slot so it should be back to normal vault segment.

Checking the soccer broadcast fixture it appears that the Saturday game shown last week was a one off to launch the season (although it was actually round 2 apparently). The W League season runs for 14 weeks plus 3 weeks of finals but in round 10 (Jan 1&2) there will be no broadcast game.

So it looks like we will be back to normal after tonight.

The version of Life On Mars played during December 5 hasn't been played before until now

WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only rage included the video to Breakdance by Irene Cara!

But how super duper COOL!

Shoina Lang as well!

Jason 'The Moderator"
WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoina Lang as well!

I started reading the playlist from the bottom up when I first saw it, and wasn't too thrilled, but yes there is some rare stuff shown earlier on.

I wish they'd shown 'Left of Center' instead of 'Luka', though, as I don't have a watermark-free digital copy of that.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Shoina Lang as well!

Hi Jason,

If you are interested I have Voyeur from a Laser Disc. It is a great video and nice and clean if you are interested?

Thank You Nathan for uploading the rage Playlist every Monday night. I have left Facebook as I loathe Social media and don't plan to return till November when I submit Countdown requests.

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Jason 'The Moderator"

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Sure, I plan to continue.

Next week's Tuesday morning episode is only about an hour long. No doubt they'll pick a really good theme, then

It's starting later than normal because of that W league (whatever that is) that has been airing normally on Wednesday mornings. Typical Australia - sport trumps everything else

Interesting, only 1 hour long. Perfect to play the Countdown episode from 11/04/1982 in that hour. But according to them, they don't have time in their upcoming programming. Fools

Has anybody who were the fans of Bardot? Bardot is an Australian girl band and pop group from the early 2000s.
For more information, try Wikipedia.

Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

...except they have aired it, 4 times since playlists have been online (January 1998):

9 December 2000
19 July 2008
2 February 2013
15 November 2014

I have a recording of it from rage, too.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members.

I hope they do an Aussie one. I'd like to see Mark Seymour's solo clips which haven't aired on rage for a very long time.

They did play it. They replaced the clips with Countdown performances as they were playing Countdown eps at this time as well

The Meldrum tapes im talking about as discussed on the previous page. Sorry im a bit slow

Oh bugger. My recorder stopped just after the Daryl Hall videos. Can anyone help me out with the rest??

Jason 'The Moderator"
Very happy with some selections this week.

I love Inner City and it will be brilliant to get a nice copy of Watcha Gonna Do With My Lovin' and Caron Wheeler is one of my favourite female vocalists and Livin' In The Light is my favourite track of hers so getting this video is FABULOUS!

Also love Manatronix, good stuff

And 2 STATIC Boy I'll House Ya is brillllll and The Shamen selection is a great one

Would have been a lovely change to play Power Of Love from Dee-Lite instead of Groove Is In The Heart and from Beats International 'Won't Talk About It' which is such a slice of GENIUS.

Good to see The Beloved in there too, would have loved 24 Hours from Betty Boo instead of Where Are You Baby?

Though still, quite a few videos on this special though which haven't been played on rage in decades

Plus there were several additional videos shown aside from the playlist above. I knew it couldn't be the full show, as it went for just under 2 hours, and there are only 21 videos in the playlist rage posted.

I agree with you on 'Groove Is In the Heart' - no need to waste a vault episode with that.

These Monday night shows, when they're good, as soooo much better than the guest programmer Saturday night shows.

I thought it was a good episode of rage. It was nice to see some good electronica classics being played. I noticed too that there were additional music videos than what was posted in the playlist on rage's Facebook page.

Unless I missed it (I don't think I did), they didn't air the Beats International clip; but that's OK, 'cause they have in recent years and I got a copy.

I was pleased to see the Betty Boo clip, even though it is a repeat, as my earlier rage recordings of it either had the watermark, or I got a signal glitch.

Some of the additional clips they aired were:

SOUL II SOUL Back To Life (However Do You Want Me)
YOUNG DISCIPLES Apparently Nothin'
ENGLANDNEWORDER World In Motion...
THE SOUP DRAGONS Pleasure
THE LIGHTNING SEEDS Pure
THE STONE ROSES One Love
HAPPY MONDAYS Step On

Beats International was cut, ahhhhh raggge .....

Tonight on the VAULT we're paying tribute to Simon Holmes - founding member of beloved Sydney band The Hummingbirds and a producer for fellow Australian acts like Custard and The Fauves. For those that missed it we've also included a segment of our tribute to producer and engineer Tony Cohen featuring videos by Nick Cave and The Cruel Sea. 1:40 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Get On Down
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Alimony
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE The Factory Interview (26th Feb 1989)
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Hindsight
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Blush
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Word Gets Around
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Swim To Shore
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Two Weeks With A Good Man in Niagra Falls
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE If A Vow
CUSTARD Pack Your Suitcases
CUSTARD Aloha Tambourinist
FAUVES, THE Caesar's Surrender
MODERN GIANT The Band's Broken Up
FERRETS, THE Just Like The Stars
SUPERNAUT I Like It Both Ways
GO-BETWEENS, THE Your Turn, My Turn
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS The Mercy Seat
PEL MEL Pandemonium
HUNTERS and COLLECTORS Talking To A Stranger
MICHAEL HUTCHENCE Rooms For The Memory
OLYMPIC SIDEBURNS, THE Have Love Will Travel
BEASTS OF BOURBON Just Right
KIM SALMON and THE SURREALISTS I Fell
CRUEL SEA, THE The Honeymoon Is Over
CRUEL SEA, THE I Feel
TEX PERKINS I Know Y' Know I Know
BLACKEYED SUSANS, THE Mary Mac
DAVE GRANEY 'N' THE CORAL SNAKES You're Just Too Hip Baby
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS Do You Love Me?
NICK CAVE and KYLIE MINOGUE Where The Wild Roses Grow
MICK HARVEY and ANITA LANE Initials B.B.
STRAITJACKET FITS Done
POWDERFINGER Tail
FRENZAL RHOMB Punch In The Face

Any excuse for rage to play Nick Cave

I didn't know the male Hummingbirds singer had died.

Didn't rage play this special a few Friday's ago from what I saw Nathan posted.

Where is this Part 2 of the supposed Stock Aitken Waterman special, arghhhhhhhhh

Jason 'The Moderator"
Didn't rage play this special a few Friday's ago from what I saw Nathan posted.

Where is this Part 2 of the supposed Stock Aitken Waterman special, arghhhhhhhhh

Yes, rage aired the tribute to the director guy, but not the Hummingbirds tribute.

Maybe we should try emailing them? Don't expect a response, though. But I think they do at least read them, as I emailed them about the overscan lines issue several months back, and it was fixed by the next show aired! Didn't get a reply, though, but I assume my email had something to do with the overscan lines disappearing, as they had been a thing by that point for nearly 6 months.

Tune in a for a very colourful VAULT tonight featuring Prince, Blondie, New Order, Basement Jaxx, You Am I, Pavement, Kyuss, Johnny Cash and more. 1:42 am on ABC TV. Playlist below

SPLIT ENZ I See Red
STRANGLERS, THE Golden Brown
GRATEFUL DEAD Touch Of Grey
JOAN JETT and THE BLACKHEARTS Crimson and Clover
BLONDIE Union City Blue
LOU REED My Red Joystick
VISAGE Fade To Grey
NEW ORDER Blue Monday
LAID BACK White Horse
PRINCE Raspberry Beret
PRINCE Little Red Corvette
PRINCE Purple Rain
LENNY KRAVITZ Black Velveteen
FELIX DA HOUSECAT Silver Screen Shower Scene
BASEMENT JAXX Red Alert
CYPRESS HILL Dr Greenthumb
D-12 Purple Pills
BLOODHOUND GANG The Inevitable Return Of The Great White Dope
JOHNNY CASH The Orange Blossom Special
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS Red Right Hand
CHRIS ISAAK Blue Hotel
COLDPLAY Yellow
VERVE, THE Blue
YOU AM I Purple Sneakers
TRIFFIDS, THE Spanish Blue
CHILLS, THE Pink Frost
BATS, THE Made Up In Blue
SONIC YOUTH Silver Rocket
PAVEMENT Gold Soundz
GALAXIE 500 Blue Thunder
SOUNDGARDEN Black Hole Sun
KYUSS Green Machine
HAWKWIND Silver Machine

Added to my collection:

SPLIT ENZ I See Red
JOAN JETT and THE BLACKHEARTS Crimson and Clover
BLONDIE Union City Blue

It looks like 1995 is the theme tonight (though a couple are from 1994 or 1996):

Tonight on the VAULT: LIVE, Bush, Alanis Morissette, The Offspring, The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Everclear, Green Day, No Doubt, Oasis and more! 2:45 am on ABC TV. Full playlist below.

LIVE Lightning Crashes
COLLECTIVE SOUL Shine
BUSH Glycerine
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Interstate Love Song
JOAN OSBORNE One Of Us
ALANIS MORISSETTE You Oughta Know
GARBAGE Q u e e r (how funny that word is censored here too)
OFFSPRING, THE Gotta Get Away
FOO FIGHTERS I'll Stick Around
SMASHING PUMPKINS Bullet With Butterfly Wings
FILTER Hey Man Nice Shot
SPACEHOG In The Meantime
BETTER THAN EZRA Good
EVERCLEAR Santa Monica
PRESIDENTS OF THE USA, THE Lump
WEEZER Say It Ain't So
GREEN DAY When I Come Around
RANCID Ruby Soho
NO DOUBT Just A Girl
SUPERGRASS Alright
BLUR Country House
RADIOHEAD Just
OASIS Wonderwall

Whenever a specific 'year' is mentioned it is always good policy to have a plus or minus a few months in the previous/succeeding year; as that's how charts roll in real life.

In fact I used to have a game as to which single would be the last of a particular year to be on the charts and how deep into the following year the song went (not recommended for the albums chart though).

Looks like the theme for tonight might be dance music from 1999.

On the VAULT tonight ARMAND VAN HELDEN, Phats & Small, Paul Johnson, Cevin Fisher, Tom Novy, Basement Jaxx, Moloko, Chicane, ATB, Alice Deejay and more. 2:48 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

PHATS and SMALL Turn-A-Round
PETE HELLER Big Love
ARMAND VAN HELDEN You Don't Know Me
POWERHOUSE What You Need
EDDIE AMADOR Rise
NERIO'S DUBWORK meets DARRYL PANDY Sunshine and Happiness
BIG TIME CHARLIE On The Run
ECLIPSE Makes Me Love You
STUDIO 45 Freak It
PAUL JOHNSON Get Get Down
TOM NOVY featuring VIRGINIA I Rock
MICHAEL MOOG That Sound
BOB MARLEY vs FUNKSTAR DE LUXE Sun Is Shining
TRIPLE X Feel The Same
CEVIN FISHER Burning Up
SHAFT Mucho Mambo (Sway)
BASEMENT JAXX Rendez-Vu
MOLOKO Sing It Back
ONEPHATDEEVA In And Out Of My Life
CHICANE Saltwater
PIET BLANK and JASPA JONES After Love
SCHILLER Das Glockenspiel
HI-GATE Pitchin' (In Every Direction)
FRAGMA Toca Me
ALICE DEEJAY Better Off Alone
ATB 9pm ('Til I Come)

That 'Onephatdeeva' track is actually Adeva, but she doesn't appear in the video.

ohnoitisnathan
Looks like the theme for tonight might be dance music from 1999.

On the VAULT tonight ARMAND VAN HELDEN, Phats & Small, Paul Johnson, Cevin Fisher, Tom Novy, Basement Jaxx, Moloko, Chicane, ATB, Alice Deejay and more. 2:48 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

I thought that the VAULT last night was very good. It was one of my favourite shows of the year so far. It was great to see some nice dance classics on the show. The only thing that didn't go right was that the show didn't start on time as per the guide time. It started late and my recording of the show cut off the last music video.

Missed it, but it does bring back memories of watching Top Of The Pops religiously in 1999 on Foxtel, so remember most of these songs performed on the show. Onephatdeeva actually had Adeva on the show. Never got around to seeing most of the videos for these songs, should check them out one day. Geez, I was a big Alice Deejay fan back in '99/2000

Jason D.
I thought that the VAULT last night was very good. It was one of my favourite shows of the year so far. It was great to see some nice dance classics on the show. The only thing that didn't go right was that the show didn't start on time as per the guide time. It started late and my recording of the show cut off the last music video.

I switched off new music in a big way in/by 1999, so didn't know a lot of these, though quite a few sounded familiar, I suppose from going 'clubbing' back then.

Although I thought a lot of that music was bad at the time, it doesn't seem as bad now compared to all of the dross that has come since

We're kickin' it old school on the VAULT tonight with videos by De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Biz Markie, 3rd Bass, Run DMC, Slick Rick and more! 2:55 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

DE LA SOUL Eye Know
JUNGLE BROTHERS Doin' Our Own Dang
MONIE LOVE Grandpa's Party
BIZ MARKIE Just A Friend
BIZ MARKIE Spring Again
3RD BASS Brooklyn-Queens
3RD BASS The Gas Face
SCHOOLLY D Mr. Big Dick
KOOL MOE DEE How Ya Like Me Now
KURTIS BLOW If I Ruled The World
RUN DMC Run's House
LL COOL J I'm Bad
SLICK RICK Children's Story
MC LYTE Paper Thin
STETSASONIC Talkin' All That Jazz
KOOL G RAP and DJ POLO Road To The Riches
ERIC B and RAKIM Microphone Fiend
PUBLIC ENEMY Fight The Power

Another 70s special tonight, though fewer not-previously-seen on rage clips than the last one, by the looks of it.

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos by Elton John, Supertramp, The Sweet, Thin Lizzy, KISS, Aerosmith, Bryan Ferry, The Carpenters, Minnie Riperton, ABBA and more! 2:06 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

STATUS QUO Roll Over Lay Down
SWEET, THE Fox On The Run
PILOT Magic
SUPERTRAMP Dreamer
THIN LIZZY The Boys Are Back In Town
KISS Rock 'N' Roll All Nite
SWEET, THE Ballroom Blitz
QUEEN Bohemian Rhapsody
ALICE COOPER Department Of Youth
AEROSMITH Sweet Emotion
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E-STREET BAND Born To Run
STEVE HARLEY AND THE COCKNEY REBELS Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Livin' Thing
HOT CHOCOLATE Emma
BRYAN FERRY Let's Stick Together
10CC The Things We Do For Love
BEE GEES, THE Jive Talkin'
BONEY M Daddy Cool
VICKI SUE ROBINSON Turn The Beat Around
FOX S-S-Single Bed
ELTON JOHN and KIKI DEE Don't Go Breaking My Heart
CAPTAIN AND TENNILLE Love Will Keep Us Together
CARPENTERS, THE Please Mr. Postman
MINNIE RIPPERTON Lovin' You
JANIS IAN At Seventeen
ABBA SOS
NORMAN GUNSTON Salute To Abba
SHERBET Summer Love
SKYHOOKS All My Friends Are Getting Married
HUSH Bony Moronie
HARPO Moviestar
GLEN CAMPBELL Rhinestone Cowboy
STEVE MILLER BAND The Joker

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Livin' Thing - has never been shown since playlists have been online.

We've got a whole bunch of Bob Dylan and Neil Young coming up on the VAULT tonight plus a small tribute to film legend Harry Dean Stanton featuring videos by Ry Cooder, Dwight Yoakam & Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (Official Page). 1:57 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

RY COODER Get Rhythm
BOB DYLAN Dreamin' Of You
DWIGHT YOAKAM Heart Of Stone
CRACKER Nothing To Believe
BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB Stop
BOB DYLAN Like A Rolling Stone
BOB DYLAN Series Of Dreams
BOB DYLAN Things Have Changed
BOB DYLAN Subterranean Homesick Blues
BOB DYLAN Hurricane
BOB DYLAN Tangled Up In Blue
BOB DYLAN Sweetheart Like You
BOB DYLAN Jokerman
BOB DYLAN Tight Connection To My Heart (Has Anybody Seen My Love)
BOB DYLAN Not Dark Yet
BOB DYLAN Political World
BOB DYLAN Unbelievable
BOB DYLAN Emotionally Yours
NEIL YOUNG Touch The Night
WILLIE NELSON and NEIL YOUNG Are There Any More Real Cowboys?
NEIL YOUNG Harvest Moon
NEIL YOUNG Keep On Rockin' In The Free World
NEIL YOUNG and CRAZY HORSE Mansion On The Hill
NEIL YOUNG Hey Hey
NEIL YOUNG Weight of The World
NEIL YOUNG A Little Thing Called Love
NEIL YOUNG Computer Age
NEIL YOUNG Wonderin'
NEIL YOUNG People On The Street
NEIL YOUNG This Note's For You

Think I'll be giving this one a miss.

1982 special tonight.

On the VAULT tonight Yazoo, Japan, Fun Boy Three & Bananarama, Wham!, Boy George & Culture Club, Billy Idol, The Cars, The Motels, A Flock of Seagulls and more. 1:45 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

FUN BOY THREE feat. BANANARAMA It Ain't What You Do...
HUMAN LEAGUE, THE Don't You Want Me
SOFT CELL Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
BLANCMANGE Living On The Ceiling
ABC The Look Of Love
CULTURE CLUB Time (Clock Of The Heart)
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS Space Age Love Song
JAPAN I Second That Emotion
OMD Maid Of Orleans (The Waltz Of Joan Of Arc)
SCRIBBLE Silly Girl
DUGITES, THE No Money
BERLIN The Metro
KRAFTWERK The Model
YAZOO Don't Go
WHAM Young Guns (Go For It)
IMAGINATION Just An Illusion
DIANA ROSS Muscles
I LEVEL Minefield
KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTS Stool Pigeon
JOE JACKSON Steppin' Out
RUPERT HINE The Set Up
PHIL COLLINS Thru' These Walls
SUPERTRAMP It's Raining Again
JACKSON BROWNE Tender Is The Night
BILLY IDOL Hot In The City
STEVE MILLER BAND Abracadabra
CARS, THE Shake It Up
MISSING PERSONS Words
MOTELS, THE Only The Lonely
TEARS FOR FEARS Mad World
DURAN DURAN Save A Prayer
TALK TALK Talk Talk
HAIRCUT 100 Love Plus One
ORANGE JUICE Rip It Up
SIMPLE MINDS Promised You A Miracle
INXS The One Thing

Is that the Dugites clip from Countdown Friday you wanted Jason? If so, hopefully it's the video and not a Countdown performance.

The 1982 special looks fantastic! I hope they get to an 1985 and 1986 special as well. :)

I hope Rage don't pinch Guru Bob's Scribble video from youtube. It would be nice to have a digital copy. Dugite videos are very hard to come by, if No Money is the actual video I should have 6 of their videos now? Here's hoping. :)

Plus I have never heard of I Level, does anybody know what type of music this band or person plays?

Oh WOW, The Dugites with No Money, I hope it is the Countdown performance and not the video as I love the Countdown performance.

At Lee, i Level are a UK Funk band, one of my FAV funk bands, my fav track from them is Give Me

Nathan,

rage just played the Countdown performance of No Money, FINALLLLLLY I have it!!!!!!!!

I put in my Countdown requests in about 4 weeks ago for January and I put in the Countdown Friday show with No Money on Countdown in there hoping they may play it and I got it on this 1982 special. Maybe they are already taking notes from my requests.

So pleased the Countdown performance of No Money is finally in my collection xxxxxxx

Yes, I saw they aired the Countdown performance.

Am I right in thinking this appears to be from one of the ABC's source tapes rather than ripped directly from an episode? i.e. there was no crowd cheer at the start/end, and it appears to have had a 'clean' start rather than rage fading the video in once the cheer or voiceover finished.

Some great clips shown tonight. Good to get some stuff like the Phil Collins clip (who doesn't have an official DVD of music videos).

I'm really pleased they didn't enlarge beyond 4:3 some of the videos that haven't aired before as standalone clips (Culture Club, Japan, Rupert Hine, Phil Collins). The OMD clip was enlarged slightly, I think.

The Supertramp clip appears to have been cut.

That was the '91 version of 'Say Hello, Wave Goodbye', right? at rage sometimes.

Lee
I hope Rage don't pinch Guru Bob's Scribble video from youtube. It would be nice to have a digital copy. Dugite videos are very hard to come by, if No Money is the actual video I should have 6 of their videos now? Here's hoping. :)

They have actually aired this before, Lee. I didn't remember it, but when checking my list to see what I already had and what I needed from this episode, I already had the Scribble clip in my collection from a rage source.

Googling the playlists, it aired in May 2016 during the last (Saturday night) Vault special.

The No Money Countdown performance was done in the ABC studio without an audience.

It looks like a stand alone performance they have not part of the Countdown Friday as it had a very clean intro and ending

Jason 'The Moderator"
The No Money Countdown performance was done in the ABC studio without an audience.

It looks like a stand alone performance they have not part of the Countdown Friday as it had a very clean intro and ending

I agree. It's great when they dig out stuff like this that has presumably never aired before.

Oh that's right, this was the one that wasn't part of a Countdown episode, but was shown instead on Countdown Friday. Interesting! Obviously they were inspired by your request.

I would think rage have received my Countdown requests I sent them a month ago for January 2018 as they must have seen No Money as part of the Countdown Friday and found it an interesting piece.

I may receive a few Countdown episodes in January on my list in 2018 at this rate, YAY!

Soundtrack theme tonight... with plenty of their alternative faves.

Tonight on the VAULT Echo and the Bunnymen, Joy Division, Tears for Fears, Elliot Smith, Phoenix, The Jesus And Mary Chain, David Bowie, The Cure, XTC and more. 2:42 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ECHO and THE BUNNYMEN The Killing Moon
JOY DIVISION Love Will Tear Us Apart
CHURCH, THE Under The Milky Way
DURAN DURAN Notorious
TEARS FOR FEARS Head Over Heels
MICHAEL ANDREWS featuring GARY JULES Mad World
SHINS, THE New Slang
ELLIOTT SMITH Miss Misery
AIR Playground Love
10CC I'm Not In Love
PHOENIX Too Young
KEVIN SHIELDS City Girls
JESUS and MARY CHAIN, THE Just Like Honey
ROXY MUSIC More Than This
DAVID BOWIE Modern Love
INXS Don't Change
HUSKER DU Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely
CURE, THE Just Like Heaven
COCTEAU TWINS Pearly Dew Drops' Drops
XTC Dear God
SONIC YOUTH Teenage Riot
DAVID BOWIE Heroes

Looks like an (alternative, of course) New Zeealand artists theme tonight:

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos by The Clean, The Chills, The Bats, Pavement, Ween, Tall Dwarfs, Straitjacket Fits, Betchadupa, Gerling and more. 1:15 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

CHILLS, THE Heavenly Pop Hit
VERLAINES, THE Bird Dog
VERLAINES, THE The Funniest Thing
DAVID KILGOUR You Forget
DAVID KILGOUR No No No
CLEAN, THE Anything Could Happen
CLEAN, THE Beatnik
CLEAN, THE Getting Older
PAVEMENT Shady Lane
SEBADOH Flame
WEEN Can't Put My Finger On It
CHRIS KNOX Not Given Lightly
CHRIS KNOX The Joy Of Sex
TALL DWARFS Turning Brown and Torn In Two
TALL DWARFS Wings
TOY LOVE Bride Of Frankenstein
3DS Dust
3DS Spooky
S.P.U.D. Breakdown Town
BATS, THE Block Of Wood
BATS, THE North by North
BATS, THE Smoking Her Wings
BATS, THE Courage
STRAITJACKET FITS Bad Note For A Heart
STRAITJACKET FITS Spacing
STRAITJACKET FITS If I Were You
STRAITJACKET FITS Down In Splendour
BIKE Circus Kids
GARAGELAND What You Gonna Do
GARAGELAND Kiss It All Goodbye
BAILTER SPACE E.I.P.
BAILTER SPACE Pass It Up
BAILTER SPACE Retro
DIMMER Don't Make Me Buy Out Your Silence
HEADLESS CHICKENS Gaskrankinstation
HEADLESS CHICKENS Cruise Control
FIONA MCDONALD Breathe
KING LOSER Troubed Land
LOVES UGLY CHILDREN Six Pack
LOVES UGLY CHILDREN Voodoo Girl
JPS EXPERIENCE Into You
BETCHADUPA Sleepy News
BETCHADUPA Awake
GERLING The Deer In You
SHOCKING PINKS, THE End Of The World
DIE! DIE! DIE! Wasted Lands

Though I don't know what Ween are doing there. Was one of them a New Zealander?

Toy Love from 1980 (they were on Countdown once) and The Bats from the late 80's are the highlights here.
Haven't heard of some of them so there might be a few other goodies there.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7