Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Upcoming guest programmers on rage

ohnoitisnathan
Here's a preview of the Hanson playlist from the blurb on the rage website:

Aerosmith - Falling In Love Is Hard On Your Knees
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Getting Back Together
Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly
Ace Of Base - The Sign
Albert Hammond - Losing Touch
Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
Beach House - Reflector

Hmmm... what do we think?

'Learn To Fly' gets chosen all the time, and 'The Sign' has had a few airings.

It looks somewhat interesting. As we learned from the 90s special, the preview blurb is probably not the best thing to go by. The rest of the playlist could be really interesting or really bad.

Jason D.
It looks somewhat interesting. As we learned from the 90s special, the preview blurb is probably not the best thing to go by. The rest of the playlist could be really interesting or really bad.

Ain't that the truth!

No doubt Katy Perry's video 'Last Friday Night' will be shown as it has a cameo by Hanson performing at Kathy Beth Terry's street backyard party.😃

Now here's something really weird about Hanson's playlist... it looks like they only got as far as "D" in the rage red book

The picked 47 videos. 2 of them are pre-"A" (bands with numbers/symbols), 28 of them begin with "A", 9 begin with "B", and 3 begin with "D". Then they thought the better hurry up and picked 1 "E", 2 "F"s, 1 "N" and 1 "T".

That is so bizarre. rage should tell us the back-story

Clip Magnet
Now here's something really weird about Hanson's playlist... it looks like they only got as far as "D" in the rage red book

The picked 47 videos. 2 of them are pre-"A" (bands with numbers/symbols), 28 of them begin with "A", 9 begin with "B", and 3 begin with "D". Then they thought the better hurry up and picked 1 "E", 2 "F"s, 1 "N" and 1 "T".

That is so bizarre. rage should tell us the back-story

Well-spotted!

While I didn't notice this, I did think something looked a little odd about the layout of the playlist.

Haha, it's a big book.

It seems that rage are no longer providing the info on upcoming guest programmers in advance to local guides. If they do so again I will post the info on upcoming guest programmers here.

Jason D.
It seems that rage are no longer providing the info on upcoming guest programmers in advance to local guides. If they do so again I will post the info on upcoming guest programmers here.

I noticed the other night that no guest programmer or special is specified for this coming weekend yet, though haven't checked again today.

Coming up...

August 26th - Steve Lucas

Who is Steve Lucas?

Steve Lucas seems to be from a 70s Australian punk rock band called X. I am not familiar with him or his work either.

Coming up...

Saturday 2nd September - Gang Of Youths

Jason D.
Coming up...

So wished it was GANGgjang ;)

RJ TAYLER
Jason D.
Coming up...

So wished it was GANGgjang ;)

They programmed a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. I definitely remember a section of their videos appearing on a Saturday night, anyway.

ohnoitisnathan
(GANGgajang) programmed a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. I definitely remember a section of their videos appearing on a Saturday night, anyway.

Yes GangGajang guest programmed on 7 May 2016. Rage would not bring back a guest programmer so soon. Usually it's about 20 years between GP gigs.

Coming up...

Saturday 9th September - Spoon

Coming up...

Saturday 16th September - The Preatures

It'd be nice if they had someone I actually knew.

Coming up...

Saturday 23rd September - Mogwai

ohnoitisnathan
It'd be nice if they had someone I actually knew.

Dead right there mate!! :)

Coming up...

Saturday 30th September - Died Pretty

Finally an artist i have actually heard a song from prior to their stint on the (in) Famous Red Couch!

Jason D.
Saturday 30th September - Died Pretty

I was so pleased that Died Pretty finally guest programmed (although Ron Peno is a bit of a rambler and a lot of his music selections were not to my taste) but there were 3 videos from DP I had never seen before - Towers Of Strength, Out Of My Hands and a second version of Headaround (the '1 take' version) which I had never seen. The version I have seen is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztBuRjOJNmU

It's funny how after a long period of DC being about the only Died Pretty song getting an airing on rage, in recent months Winterland, Sweetheart and True Fools Fall have all been shown 2 to 3 times.

Coming up...

Saturday 7th October - The Jungle Giants

Coming up...

Saturday 14th October - Future Islands

Coming up...

Saturday 21st October - Pvris

Coming up...

Saturday 28th October - Cub Sport

Coming up...

Saturday 11th November - Ausmusic month special

Coming up...

Saturday 18th November - Ugly Kid Joe's Whitfield Crane

Jason D.
Coming up...

Saturday 18th November - Ugly Kid Joe's Whitfield Crane

Wow, so much for Aus music month lasting the whole month

Not that I mind, really, as they tend to play the same sort of stuff every year, although they have in the past had some interesting guest programmers on they probably otherwise wouldn't have had (Tina Arena, Mental As Anything); but not this year.

Coming up...

Saturday November 25th - Pete Tong

Daryl Braithwaite is guest programming this coming weekend.

With that selection it is beginning to feel a lot like Countdown is in the air, and not that far away from the anniversary of the first time he hosted the show as well.

Daryl is now being inducted into the ARIA Hall Of Fame last night. Congrulations to him.

Coming up...

Saturday December 9th - The Melvins

Coming up...

Saturday 16th December - San Cisco

Nicholas
Daryl is now being inducted into the ARIA Hall Of Fame last night. Congrulations to him.
Right on Daryl and Ossie! Oops, wrong Daryl 😂 A bit poor with their DB videos. Just as well i have his VHS compilation of all vids from 'Edge' and 'Rise'!

Michael
Nicholas
Right on Daryl and Ossie! Oops, wrong Daryl 😂 A bit poor with their DB videos. Just as well i have his VHS compilation of all vids from 'Edge' and 'Rise'!
^ Which VHS is that, Michael? I see an 'Edge' VHS on eBay currently, with live tracks followed by 4 videos. Was there one for the 'Rise' album, too? The only videos from those albums I don't have though, if they exist, are 'Sugar Train' and 'Nothing To Lose'. Do you have videos for those?

Hi Nathan, it is titled 'As The Days Go By - The Video Collection'. I picked it up at Cash Converters about 5 years ago. It has 5 videos from 'Edge' and 4 from 'Rise'. It starts with 'Don't Hold Back Your Love and ends with As The Days Go By'. It doesn't have 'Nothing To Lose'.

Michael
Hi Nathan, it is titled 'As The Days Go By - The Video Collection'. I picked it up at Cash Converters about 5 years ago. It has 5 videos from 'Edge' and 4 from 'Rise'. It starts with 'Don't Hold Back Your Love and ends with As The Days Go By'. It doesn't have 'Nothing To Lose'.
^ Thanks for the info.

Coming up...

Saturday 23rd December - ****** Jeans