Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DVD/VCR

sorry don't have 1988. I have 1989 through to 2005 (i think) when the top 50 finished. My plan is to check the clips either side of the chart. Happy to send the tape once i am done as i will only be throwing them away after anyway. They are taking up too much space and i think vcr players are going to be harder to get very soon.

JASE, if you are able to copy any full videos from your 1984 to 1988 tapes onto DVD or USB (that might be easier?) I'd be interested in obtaining some if you don't mind sharing. Particularly if there's anything rare that isn't on youtube. I'm thinking more of isolated videos rather than year-end top fifties as it's more likely to contain hidden gems.

Only if it's not too much trouble though.

Hi Jase,

I'd be keen to get copies of the end of year charts for 89, 99, 01, 03 & 05. Will be happy to pay for dvd copies, no problem.

Let me know, cheers.

JASE
sorry don't have 1988. I have 1989 through to 2005 (i think) when the top 50 finished. My plan is to check the clips either side of the chart. Happy to send the tape once i am done as i will only be throwing them away after anyway. They are taking up too much space and i think vcr players are going to be harder to get very soon.

Thanks, I'd definitely be interested in the 1989 end of year chart tape, and, to a lesser extent, the 1999 one. My 1990 end of year chart one is in pretty bad shape, so if yours is OK, I'm potentially interested in that one, too.

Like Brad, I'm potentially interested in any isolated rare videos.

I agree with you that VCRs are probably going to get difficult to get soon, other than buying them second hand through sites like eBay (though will people still bother listing them is the question). That being said, I did buy a laserdisc player on eBay in 2014.

I'm hoping my current VCR lasts until I've at least digitised all of the VHS tapes I have.