Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

If you missed the VAULT on Saturday morning we've got an extended version tonight. Expect to see videos by Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, LFO, Broadcast, Kid Koala, Boards Of Canada, DJ Shadow, UNKLE, DJ KRUSH, Amon Tobin, Roots Manuva and more. 1:55 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

APHEX TWIN Windowlicker
APHEX TWIN On
LFO LFO
LFO Tied Up
LFO Freak
AUTECHRE Second Bad Vilbel
SQUAREPUSHER Come On My Selector
LUKE VIBERT I Love Acid
JIMI TENOR The Year Of The Apocalypse
JIMI TENOR Outta Space
BOARDS OF CANADA Dayvan Cowboy
BROADCAST Come On Let's Go
BROADCAST Papercuts
PREFUSE 73 Half Of What
DJ KRUSH Kemuri
DJ SHADOW Midnight In A Perfect World
UNKLE featuring IAN BROWN Be There
MONEY MARK Hand In Your Head
KID KOALA Fender Bender
MR SCRUFF featuring FEEBI Honeydew
HERBALISER, THE The Blend
DJ VADIM featuring BLU RUM 13 It's Obvious
QUANNUM I Changed My Mind
AMON TOBIN Slowly
FUNKI PORCINI The Great Drive By
CINEMATIC ORCHESTRA All That You Give
BLOCKHEAD Insomniac Olympics
NEW FLESH FOR OLD Eye Of The Hurricane
ROOTS MANUVA Juggle Tings Proper
ROOTS MANUVA Witness (1 Hope)
INFINITE LIVEZ Adventures Of The Lactating Man

Michael
Why don't they put Monday night playlists up on the website? I know they post on facebook, but if they put all the other nights playlists up on the website, why not Monday's?

I get the impression rage have been on 'skeletal staff' since around the time the election was announced, and still appear to be. They never comment on Facebook posts anymore, for example.

Guru Bob
Are they replacing this segment with women's soccer repeats now or am I reading the TV guide wrong?

I really hope not.

Who wants to watch (women's or men's) soccer at that hour?

Looking at next weeks' programming they are only showing the women's soccer on the Tues/Wed night - which is a repeat of their regular Sunday afternoon program.

It looks like they will only replay the Saturday afternoon soccer on the Mon/Tues night and next week there is no game broadcast in that slot so it should be back to normal vault segment.

Checking the soccer broadcast fixture it appears that the Saturday game shown last week was a one off to launch the season (although it was actually round 2 apparently). The W League season runs for 14 weeks plus 3 weeks of finals but in round 10 (Jan 1&2) there will be no broadcast game.

So it looks like we will be back to normal after tonight.

The version of Life On Mars played during December 5 hasn't been played before until now

WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only rage included the video to Breakdance by Irene Cara!

But how super duper COOL!

Shoina Lang as well!

Jason 'The Moderator"
WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoina Lang as well!

I started reading the playlist from the bottom up when I first saw it, and wasn't too thrilled, but yes there is some rare stuff shown earlier on.

I wish they'd shown 'Left of Center' instead of 'Luka', though, as I don't have a watermark-free digital copy of that.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Shoina Lang as well!

Hi Jason,

If you are interested I have Voyeur from a Laser Disc. It is a great video and nice and clean if you are interested?

Thank You Nathan for uploading the rage Playlist every Monday night. I have left Facebook as I loathe Social media and don't plan to return till November when I submit Countdown requests.

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Jason 'The Moderator"

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Sure, I plan to continue.

Next week's Tuesday morning episode is only about an hour long. No doubt they'll pick a really good theme, then

It's starting later than normal because of that W league (whatever that is) that has been airing normally on Wednesday mornings. Typical Australia - sport trumps everything else

Interesting, only 1 hour long. Perfect to play the Countdown episode from 11/04/1982 in that hour. But according to them, they don't have time in their upcoming programming. Fools

Has anybody who were the fans of Bardot? Bardot is an Australian girl band and pop group from the early 2000s.
For more information, try Wikipedia.

Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

...except they have aired it, 4 times since playlists have been online (January 1998):

9 December 2000
19 July 2008
2 February 2013
15 November 2014

I have a recording of it from rage, too.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members.

I hope they do an Aussie one. I'd like to see Mark Seymour's solo clips which haven't aired on rage for a very long time.

They did play it. They replaced the clips with Countdown performances as they were playing Countdown eps at this time as well

The Meldrum tapes im talking about as discussed on the previous page. Sorry im a bit slow

Oh bugger. My recorder stopped just after the Daryl Hall videos. Can anyone help me out with the rest??

Extended 1987 vault tonight:

If you missed the VAULT Saturday morning we've got an extended version coming up tonight. Tune in to see videos by Sinéad O'Connor, The Smiths, R.E.M., Crowded House, Eric B. & Rakim, Prince, Robbie Nevil, Fleetwood Mac, Debbie Gibson, Heart, The Cult and more. 1:47 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

SUZANNE VEGA Luka
SINEAD O'CONNOR Mandinka
SUGARCUBES, THE Birthday
SMITHS, THE Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
HUSKER DU Could You Be The One
REPLACEMENTS, THE Alex Chilton
R.E.M. It's The End Of The World As We Know It
PAUL KELLY and THE COLOURED GIRLS Before Too Long
CROWDED HOUSE Don't Dream It's Over
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Tunnel Of Love
U2 With Or Without You
LL COOL J I Need Love
ERIC B and RAKIM Paid In Full
SLY and ROBBIE Boops (Here To Go)
PRINCE U Got The Look
ALEXANDER O'NEAL Fake
ORAN "JUICE" JONES The Rain
GEORGE MICHAEL I Want Your Sex
BILLY IDOL To Be A Lover
BREAKFAST CLUB,THE Right On Track
ROBBIE NEVIL C'est La Vie
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY Wishing Well
T'PAU Heart And Soul
DEBORAH HARRY French Kissing In The USA
CARLY SIMON Coming Around Again
FLEETWOOD MAC Little Lies
KIM WILDE You Keep Me Hangin' On
SAMANTHA FOX Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now
DEBBIE GIBSON Only In My Dreams
TIFFANY I Think We're Alone Now
STACEY Q Two Of Hearts
JODY WATLEY Looking For A New Love
LISA LISA and CULT JAM Head To Toe
HEART Alone
DEF LEPPARD Animal
CULT, THE Love Removal Machine
GUNS 'N' ROSES Sweet Child O' Mine

Though yes, some of those are actually 1986 tracks... while others weren't released (at least not here) until 1988 (Guns N' Roses, and Sinead I'm pretty sure).

Shame about all of the repeats (some which have been shown in earlier Vault episodes - Alexander O'Neal, Carly Simon, T'Pau) and common clips.

It's a good playlist now they've added quite a lot of pop, it seems more balanced. Nothing I need particularly, they haven't gone out of their way to find anything rare.

Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

sighhhhhhhh

Jason 'The Moderator"
Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

sighhhhhhhh

Except they play that all the time. That and 'Electric Youth' are the only 2 Debbie videos they've shown since the playlists have been online. I wish they'd pull out something else, just for a change. The same with Tiffany; 'I Think We're Alone Now' is the only video of hers they would have shown since 1993 (I caught 'If Love Is Blind' as a new release in '93).

I haven't seen Only In My Dreams for awhile, so appreciated a new copy.

Would lvoe rage to play Foolish beat which is my fav Debbie moment ... Anything Is Possible would also be great

Jason 'The Moderator"
I haven't seen Only In My Dreams for awhile, so appreciated a new copy.

Would lvoe rage to play Foolish beat which is my fav Debbie moment ... Anything Is Possible would also be great

I stand corrected, it has only aired twice before since playlists have been online (in 2005 and 2010)... but still, it would be nice to see something different from her.

Tonight on the VAULT Bob Seger, Bonnie Tyler, Gerry Rafferty, Heart, Alice Cooper, Todd Rundgren, Yusuf / Cat Stevens, Toto, Chaka Khan, Electric Light Orchestra and more! 1:56 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND Still The Same
NICOLETTE LARSON Lotta Love
BONNIE TYLER It's A Heartache
GRAHAM BONNET It's All Over Now Baby Blue
GERRY RAFFERTY Whatever's Written In Your Heart
MOODY BLUES, THE Had To Fall In Love
TODD RUNDGREN Can We Still Be Friends
PROMISES Baby It's You
HEART Crazy On You
PATTI SMITH Because The Night
CAT STEVENS (Remember The Days Of The) Old School Yard
WINGS With A Little Luck
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me
TOTO I'll Supply The Love
SWEET, THE Love Is Like Oxygen
BOB WELCH Ebony Eyes
ALICE COOPER (No More) Love At Your Convenience
DRAGON Still In Love With You
LITTLE RIVER BAND Reminiscing
MICHAEL NESMITH Rio
CAROLE BAYER SAGER You're Moving Out Today
ABBA Take A Chance On Me
MUSCLES Love Is All I've Got
BEE GEES, THE More Than A Woman
TRAMMPS, THE Disco Inferno
JOE TEX Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman)
BONEY M Rivers Of Babylon
ERUPTION I Can't Stand The Rain
HOT CHOCOLATE Everyone's A Winner
CHAKA KHAN I'm Every Woman
CHIC Dance, Dance, Dance
EARTH, WIND AND FIRE Fantasy
GEORGE BENSON On Broadway
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Mister Blue Sky
FLASH and THE PAN Down Among The Dead Men
10CC Dreadlock Holiday
PETER TOSH and MICK JAGGER Don't Look Back

Is the theme 1977-8?

I don't know, but f@#k me, what a playlist! I can't remember when rage did a 70s special?😎

Closest thing to a full-blown 1970s special that I can recall off-hand was the tribute to the late Michael Shrimpton.

Was that Bonnie Tyler 'It's a Heartache' video a Countdown performance, does anyone know? Or ripped from a Countdown episode? I didn't spot the Countdown logo in the background anywhere, but the audience cheer sounded very much like a Countdown one.

I would say some European music show.

Michael
I would say some European music show.

You're probably right. I haven't yet checked YouTube to see if the same performance is there. It looks like it might have been ripped from a Countdown episode though, with the cheer, and a snippet of a man's (though it doesn't sound like Molly) voice at the end.

By the way, I loved how they played the 80s remix versions of 'Every 1's a Winner' and 'Rivers of Babylon' as part of this 70s-themed episode . I knew they would.

I think the theme tonight is 1990 electronic music... though some of these are 1989 or 1991.

On the VAULT tonight The Family Stand, Mantronix, Saint Etienne Official, Beats International, Bomb the Bass, Deee-Lite, 808 State, The Shamen, The Beloved, and more! 2:25 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

MASSIVE ATTACK Unfinished Sympathy
FAMILY STAND, THE Ghetto Heaven
INNER CITY Watcha Gonna Do With My Lovin'
CARON WHEELER Livin' In The Light
MAUREEN WALSH Thinking Of You
MANTRONIX Take Your Time
BEATS INTERNATIONAL Dub Be Good To Me
SAINT ETIENNE Only Love Can Break Your Heart
FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON, THE Papua New Guinea
BOMB THE BASS Winter In July
BELOVED, THE It's Alright Now
ELECTRONIC Getting Away With It
SHAMEN, THE Move Any Mountain
RENEGADE SOUNDWAVE Probably A Robbery
MC TUNES VS 808 STATE The Only Rhyme That Bites
KLF, THE What Time Is Love?
L.A. STYLE James Brown Is Dead
2 STATIC Boy I'll House Ya
DEEE-LITE Groove Is In The Heart
BETTY BOO Where Are You Baby
EMF Unbelievable

ohnoitisnathan
I think the theme tonight is 1990 electronic music... though some of these are 1989 or 1991.

Uh huh. Well we had a pretty good run over the last few weeks, it might be churlish to whinge.

Very happy with some selections this week.

I love Inner City and it will be brilliant to get a nice copy of Watcha Gonna Do With My Lovin' and Caron Wheeler is one of my favourite female vocalists and Livin' In The Light is my favourite track of hers so getting this video is FABULOUS!

Also love Manatronix, good stuff

And 2 STATIC Boy I'll House Ya is brillllll and The Shamen selection is a great one

Would have been a lovely change to play Power Of Love from Dee-Lite instead of Groove Is In The Heart and from Beats International 'Won't Talk About It' which is such a slice of GENIUS.

Good to see The Beloved in there too, would have loved 24 Hours from Betty Boo instead of Where Are You Baby?

Though still, quite a few videos on this special though which haven't been played on rage in decades

Jason 'The Moderator"
Very happy with some selections this week.

I love Inner City and it will be brilliant to get a nice copy of Watcha Gonna Do With My Lovin' and Caron Wheeler is one of my favourite female vocalists and Livin' In The Light is my favourite track of hers so getting this video is FABULOUS!

Also love Manatronix, good stuff

And 2 STATIC Boy I'll House Ya is brillllll and The Shamen selection is a great one

Would have been a lovely change to play Power Of Love from Dee-Lite instead of Groove Is In The Heart and from Beats International 'Won't Talk About It' which is such a slice of GENIUS.

Good to see The Beloved in there too, would have loved 24 Hours from Betty Boo instead of Where Are You Baby?

Though still, quite a few videos on this special though which haven't been played on rage in decades

Plus there were several additional videos shown aside from the playlist above. I knew it couldn't be the full show, as it went for just under 2 hours, and there are only 21 videos in the playlist rage posted.

I agree with you on 'Groove Is In the Heart' - no need to waste a vault episode with that.

These Monday night shows, when they're good, as soooo much better than the guest programmer Saturday night shows.

I thought it was a good episode of rage. It was nice to see some good electronica classics being played. I noticed too that there were additional music videos than what was posted in the playlist on rage's Facebook page.

Unless I missed it (I don't think I did), they didn't air the Beats International clip; but that's OK, 'cause they have in recent years and I got a copy.

I was pleased to see the Betty Boo clip, even though it is a repeat, as my earlier rage recordings of it either had the watermark, or I got a signal glitch.

Some of the additional clips they aired were:

SOUL II SOUL Back To Life (However Do You Want Me)
YOUNG DISCIPLES Apparently Nothin'
ENGLANDNEWORDER World In Motion...
THE SOUP DRAGONS Pleasure
THE LIGHTNING SEEDS Pure
THE STONE ROSES One Love
HAPPY MONDAYS Step On

Beats International was cut, ahhhhh raggge .....

Tonight on the VAULT we're paying tribute to Simon Holmes - founding member of beloved Sydney band The Hummingbirds and a producer for fellow Australian acts like Custard and The Fauves. For those that missed it we've also included a segment of our tribute to producer and engineer Tony Cohen featuring videos by Nick Cave and The Cruel Sea. 1:40 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Get On Down
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Alimony
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE The Factory Interview (26th Feb 1989)
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Hindsight
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Blush
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Word Gets Around
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Swim To Shore
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Two Weeks With A Good Man in Niagra Falls
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE If A Vow
CUSTARD Pack Your Suitcases
CUSTARD Aloha Tambourinist
FAUVES, THE Caesar's Surrender
MODERN GIANT The Band's Broken Up
FERRETS, THE Just Like The Stars
SUPERNAUT I Like It Both Ways
GO-BETWEENS, THE Your Turn, My Turn
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS The Mercy Seat
PEL MEL Pandemonium
HUNTERS and COLLECTORS Talking To A Stranger
MICHAEL HUTCHENCE Rooms For The Memory
OLYMPIC SIDEBURNS, THE Have Love Will Travel
BEASTS OF BOURBON Just Right
KIM SALMON and THE SURREALISTS I Fell
CRUEL SEA, THE The Honeymoon Is Over
CRUEL SEA, THE I Feel
TEX PERKINS I Know Y' Know I Know
BLACKEYED SUSANS, THE Mary Mac
DAVE GRANEY 'N' THE CORAL SNAKES You're Just Too Hip Baby
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS Do You Love Me?
NICK CAVE and KYLIE MINOGUE Where The Wild Roses Grow
MICK HARVEY and ANITA LANE Initials B.B.
STRAITJACKET FITS Done
POWDERFINGER Tail
FRENZAL RHOMB Punch In The Face

Any excuse for rage to play Nick Cave

I didn't know the male Hummingbirds singer had died.

Didn't rage play this special a few Friday's ago from what I saw Nathan posted.

Where is this Part 2 of the supposed Stock Aitken Waterman special, arghhhhhhhhh

Jason 'The Moderator"
Didn't rage play this special a few Friday's ago from what I saw Nathan posted.

Where is this Part 2 of the supposed Stock Aitken Waterman special, arghhhhhhhhh

Yes, rage aired the tribute to the director guy, but not the Hummingbirds tribute.

Maybe we should try emailing them? Don't expect a response, though. But I think they do at least read them, as I emailed them about the overscan lines issue several months back, and it was fixed by the next show aired! Didn't get a reply, though, but I assume my email had something to do with the overscan lines disappearing, as they had been a thing by that point for nearly 6 months.

Tune in a for a very colourful VAULT tonight featuring Prince, Blondie, New Order, Basement Jaxx, You Am I, Pavement, Kyuss, Johnny Cash and more. 1:42 am on ABC TV. Playlist below

SPLIT ENZ I See Red
STRANGLERS, THE Golden Brown
GRATEFUL DEAD Touch Of Grey
JOAN JETT and THE BLACKHEARTS Crimson and Clover
BLONDIE Union City Blue
LOU REED My Red Joystick
VISAGE Fade To Grey
NEW ORDER Blue Monday
LAID BACK White Horse
PRINCE Raspberry Beret
PRINCE Little Red Corvette
PRINCE Purple Rain
LENNY KRAVITZ Black Velveteen
FELIX DA HOUSECAT Silver Screen Shower Scene
BASEMENT JAXX Red Alert
CYPRESS HILL Dr Greenthumb
D-12 Purple Pills
BLOODHOUND GANG The Inevitable Return Of The Great White Dope
JOHNNY CASH The Orange Blossom Special
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS Red Right Hand
CHRIS ISAAK Blue Hotel
COLDPLAY Yellow
VERVE, THE Blue
YOU AM I Purple Sneakers
TRIFFIDS, THE Spanish Blue
CHILLS, THE Pink Frost
BATS, THE Made Up In Blue
SONIC YOUTH Silver Rocket
PAVEMENT Gold Soundz
GALAXIE 500 Blue Thunder
SOUNDGARDEN Black Hole Sun
KYUSS Green Machine
HAWKWIND Silver Machine

Added to my collection:

SPLIT ENZ I See Red
JOAN JETT and THE BLACKHEARTS Crimson and Clover
BLONDIE Union City Blue

It looks like 1995 is the theme tonight (though a couple are from 1994 or 1996):

Tonight on the VAULT: LIVE, Bush, Alanis Morissette, The Offspring, The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Everclear, Green Day, No Doubt, Oasis and more! 2:45 am on ABC TV. Full playlist below.

LIVE Lightning Crashes
COLLECTIVE SOUL Shine
BUSH Glycerine
STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Interstate Love Song
JOAN OSBORNE One Of Us
ALANIS MORISSETTE You Oughta Know
GARBAGE Q u e e r (how funny that word is censored here too)
OFFSPRING, THE Gotta Get Away
FOO FIGHTERS I'll Stick Around
SMASHING PUMPKINS Bullet With Butterfly Wings
FILTER Hey Man Nice Shot
SPACEHOG In The Meantime
BETTER THAN EZRA Good
EVERCLEAR Santa Monica
PRESIDENTS OF THE USA, THE Lump
WEEZER Say It Ain't So
GREEN DAY When I Come Around
RANCID Ruby Soho
NO DOUBT Just A Girl
SUPERGRASS Alright
BLUR Country House
RADIOHEAD Just
OASIS Wonderwall

Whenever a specific 'year' is mentioned it is always good policy to have a plus or minus a few months in the previous/succeeding year; as that's how charts roll in real life.

In fact I used to have a game as to which single would be the last of a particular year to be on the charts and how deep into the following year the song went (not recommended for the albums chart though).

Looks like the theme for tonight might be dance music from 1999.

On the VAULT tonight ARMAND VAN HELDEN, Phats & Small, Paul Johnson, Cevin Fisher, Tom Novy, Basement Jaxx, Moloko, Chicane, ATB, Alice Deejay and more. 2:48 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

PHATS and SMALL Turn-A-Round
PETE HELLER Big Love
ARMAND VAN HELDEN You Don't Know Me
POWERHOUSE What You Need
EDDIE AMADOR Rise
NERIO'S DUBWORK meets DARRYL PANDY Sunshine and Happiness
BIG TIME CHARLIE On The Run
ECLIPSE Makes Me Love You
STUDIO 45 Freak It
PAUL JOHNSON Get Get Down
TOM NOVY featuring VIRGINIA I Rock
MICHAEL MOOG That Sound
BOB MARLEY vs FUNKSTAR DE LUXE Sun Is Shining
TRIPLE X Feel The Same
CEVIN FISHER Burning Up
SHAFT Mucho Mambo (Sway)
BASEMENT JAXX Rendez-Vu
MOLOKO Sing It Back
ONEPHATDEEVA In And Out Of My Life
CHICANE Saltwater
PIET BLANK and JASPA JONES After Love
SCHILLER Das Glockenspiel
HI-GATE Pitchin' (In Every Direction)
FRAGMA Toca Me
ALICE DEEJAY Better Off Alone
ATB 9pm ('Til I Come)

That 'Onephatdeeva' track is actually Adeva, but she doesn't appear in the video.

ohnoitisnathan
Looks like the theme for tonight might be dance music from 1999.

On the VAULT tonight ARMAND VAN HELDEN, Phats & Small, Paul Johnson, Cevin Fisher, Tom Novy, Basement Jaxx, Moloko, Chicane, ATB, Alice Deejay and more. 2:48 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

I thought that the VAULT last night was very good. It was one of my favourite shows of the year so far. It was great to see some nice dance classics on the show. The only thing that didn't go right was that the show didn't start on time as per the guide time. It started late and my recording of the show cut off the last music video.

Missed it, but it does bring back memories of watching Top Of The Pops religiously in 1999 on Foxtel, so remember most of these songs performed on the show. Onephatdeeva actually had Adeva on the show. Never got around to seeing most of the videos for these songs, should check them out one day. Geez, I was a big Alice Deejay fan back in '99/2000

Jason D.
I thought that the VAULT last night was very good. It was one of my favourite shows of the year so far. It was great to see some nice dance classics on the show. The only thing that didn't go right was that the show didn't start on time as per the guide time. It started late and my recording of the show cut off the last music video.

I switched off new music in a big way in/by 1999, so didn't know a lot of these, though quite a few sounded familiar, I suppose from going 'clubbing' back then.

Although I thought a lot of that music was bad at the time, it doesn't seem as bad now compared to all of the dross that has come since

We're kickin' it old school on the VAULT tonight with videos by De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Biz Markie, 3rd Bass, Run DMC, Slick Rick and more! 2:55 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

DE LA SOUL Eye Know
JUNGLE BROTHERS Doin' Our Own Dang
MONIE LOVE Grandpa's Party
BIZ MARKIE Just A Friend
BIZ MARKIE Spring Again
3RD BASS Brooklyn-Queens
3RD BASS The Gas Face
SCHOOLLY D Mr. Big Dick
KOOL MOE DEE How Ya Like Me Now
KURTIS BLOW If I Ruled The World
RUN DMC Run's House
LL COOL J I'm Bad
SLICK RICK Children's Story
MC LYTE Paper Thin
STETSASONIC Talkin' All That Jazz
KOOL G RAP and DJ POLO Road To The Riches
ERIC B and RAKIM Microphone Fiend
PUBLIC ENEMY Fight The Power

Another 70s special tonight, though fewer not-previously-seen on rage clips than the last one, by the looks of it.

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos by Elton John, Supertramp, The Sweet, Thin Lizzy, KISS, Aerosmith, Bryan Ferry, The Carpenters, Minnie Riperton, ABBA and more! 2:06 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

STATUS QUO Roll Over Lay Down
SWEET, THE Fox On The Run
PILOT Magic
SUPERTRAMP Dreamer
THIN LIZZY The Boys Are Back In Town
KISS Rock 'N' Roll All Nite
SWEET, THE Ballroom Blitz
QUEEN Bohemian Rhapsody
ALICE COOPER Department Of Youth
AEROSMITH Sweet Emotion
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E-STREET BAND Born To Run
STEVE HARLEY AND THE COCKNEY REBELS Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)
ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Livin' Thing
HOT CHOCOLATE Emma
BRYAN FERRY Let's Stick Together
10CC The Things We Do For Love
BEE GEES, THE Jive Talkin'
BONEY M Daddy Cool
VICKI SUE ROBINSON Turn The Beat Around
FOX S-S-Single Bed
ELTON JOHN and KIKI DEE Don't Go Breaking My Heart
CAPTAIN AND TENNILLE Love Will Keep Us Together
CARPENTERS, THE Please Mr. Postman
MINNIE RIPPERTON Lovin' You