Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does anyone know which 90s Australian TV show this performance is from?

Michael
I remember that dispute. I so wanted to see Kate's new video for 'Change'. I always thought it would be a big hit, but come out at the wrong time.

Actually, I'm pretty sure 'Change' was one of the few new 'major label' videos they aired; though it would have been released through Festival, and they aired other new distributed by Festival videos, like Deni Hines' 'It's Alright', Erasure's 'Fingers & Thumbs', Dreamworld's 'Movin' Up', and Strike's 'The Morning After (Free At Last)'; so Festival were presumably exempt from the boycott.

'Change' spent a solitary week in the top 100 at #100

I think you're right. Wasn't it the Top 50 that was on hold for a few months and they just aired random videos and new releases? I think now i recall seeing 'Change' and for some reason was hoping it was The Top 50 playing and it was in the charts.

I think you're right. Wasn't it the Top 50 that was on hold for a few months and they just aired random videos and new releases? I think now i recall seeing 'Change' and for some reason was hoping it was The Top 50 playing and it was in the charts.

Oops posted twice!

Michael

Yep, they used to just air random, mostly new-ish release, videos in place of the top 50 for those months. I remember it returned to normal for the first show of '96.

They also aired a bunch of MTV Unplugged performances on Saturday night during December '95, though I also remember seeing new release videos.