Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Upcoming 90s special on rage

Jason 'The Moderator"
And even some Monaco, JX

JX's 'Son of a Gun' is there, actually.

The playlist overall is dull and predictable, but I'm pleasantly surprised there are *some* pop/dance clips there that they haven't aired since the 90s. Going by the blurb on the website and the first hour of it on Saturday morning, I was expecting it to be entirely 'alternative', all-male, Triple J c r a p.

LOOOOVE the Madonna short little video from her Fame audition!

Hahahahahaha

Jason, your suggestions would have been brilliant.

Instead we're getting one that veers between the mediocre and the bland same old same old we always get. What a wasted opportunity, but not unexpected.

Highlights include 'The Emperor's New clothes' by Sinead, 'In Your Room' by Toni Pearen, 'Weak' by Skunk Anansie, but there's nothing that will tempt me to watch.

Jason 'The Moderator"
LOOOOVE the Madonna short little video from her Fame audition!

Hahahahahaha

I made that for another forum.

Someone else made this from it in response:

Jason 'The Moderator"
Black Box with Everybody Everybody is one of the decent selections among the commercial Dance they chose.

No doubt it's going to be the Le Freak mix that they've aired a couple of times in recent years, rather than the original European version where Katrin runs through a field etc., which I much prefer.

What bugs me also are the repeated pop/dance clips, like Zhane's 'Hey Mr DJ'. Couldn't they have dug out 'Groove Thang' or at least something different?

Nathan,

I prefer You belong To Me from JX and not a fan of Son of A Gun

Jason 'The Moderator"
Nathan,

I prefer You belong To Me from JX and not a fan of Son of A Gun

They did air 'You Belong To Me' last year in one of the 90s dance Vault episodes; albeit with overscan lines.

One thing I learnt recently is that the blonde woman lipsyncing in the 'Son of a Gun' video is the blonde woman appearing in Womack & Womack's 'Teardrops' video! She is actually a singer/sang with Womack & Womack, but for whatever reason, was lipsyncing in the 'Son of a Gun' video.

'Close To Your Heart' is my favourite JX single.

I knew Headless Chickens' 'Cruise Control' wouldn't be the 1994 remix version that became a hit, but would instead be the 1991 version they regularly air... and lo and behold, it was

'Bedtime Stories' was/is a trippy video. Seeing that video in the day on/after a night on the p i s s back in the day.