Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Clouds to guest programme rage

I looked ahead on the electronic TV guide and they're guest programming this coming weekend.

Nothing too exciting (for me) in the blurb preview on the rage website:

DEVO Girl U Want
IGGY POP Five Foot One
WEEZER Hash Pipe
BUZZCOCKS Ever Fallen In Love
KISS Rock 'N' Roll All Nite
MASSIVE ATTACK Teardrop
RADIOHEAD Just

Well let's see what else they play when the playlist comes out

I'm mainly interested to see if they play all the Clouds clips. The ones that rage haven't played in the digital era are:

Anthem
Alchemy's Dead
Boy Of Air
Down From The Sky
Here Now

Cloud Factory was played in 2003 but I didn't have a digital PC recorder then.

Fingers crossed!

Clip Magnet
Well let's see what else they play when the playlist comes out

I'm mainly interested to see if they play all the Clouds clips. The ones that rage haven't played in the digital era are:

Anthem
Alchemy's Dead
Boy Of Air
Down From The Sky
Here Now

Cloud Factory was played in 2003 but I didn't have a digital PC recorder then.

Fingers crossed!

I was looking forward to 'Anthem' too - so of course they've lost it/it's not airing . I have a VHS recording someone sent me years ago, but that's it.

I'm not familiar with any of their post 'Say It' stuff (though probably heard 'Bower of Bliss' once or twice), but 'Alchemy's Dead' is also missing.

It really is pitiful when the ABC loses/discards of videos by *Australian* artists, especially their precious favourite Triple J-friendly acts. Though I guess because they were fronted by female singers, they were fair game for the cull.

I bet channel 10 still has copies.

ohnoitisnathan
I was looking forward to 'Anthem' too - so of course they've lost it/it's not airing . I have a VHS recording someone sent me years ago, but that's it.

Yes I'm a bit disappointed too by the omissions. It's great that they're playing Boy Of Air, their rarest clip and one which I only have an extremely snowy 3rd generation copy of.

I have a clean copy of Anthem from their VHS release, but it is VHS so a bit streaky and low-res. I can send you my remastered copy if you want.
ohnoitisnathan
I'm not familiar with any of their post 'Say It' stuff (though probably heard 'Bower of Bliss' once or twice), but 'Alchemy's Dead' is also missing.

Alchemy's Dead is a great song and clip, a real shame I'll never get a digital copy of it since presumably they've lost it.

I rate Thunderhead as their best album - absolutely brilliant from start to finish. An extraordinary powerful piece of pop-alternative crossover. I wasn't so enamoured with their final album Futura, they had lost their way a bit by then. But Down From The Sky is a brilliant song.

ohnoitisnathan
It really is pitiful when the ABC loses/discards of videos by *Australian* artists, especially their precious favourite Triple J-friendly acts. Though I guess because they were fronted by female singers, they were fair game for the cull.

Yep, disgraceful.

ohnoitisnathan

OUCH! but unfortunately you are probably correct. Maybe when Channel 10 goes broke we can buy their music video collection at their garage sale?

Clip Magnet

ohnoitisnathan

OUCH! but unfortunately you are probably correct. Maybe when Channel 10 goes broke we can buy their music video collection at their garage sale?

Rage have some glaring omissions from their library - e.g. no Jason Donovan videos, it would seem (the Countdown Revolution performances of 'Too Many Broken Hearts' and 'Sealed With a Kiss' have aired numerous times instead). I sort of understand them not having those videos, since they hated anything pop so much in the 90s, but they're hardly rare, unobtainable videos to replace.