Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DVD/VCR

I think they stopped manufacturing DVD/VCR recorders a couple of years ago since VCR was an analog technology. Second hand is probably the way to go.

Cash Converters is the way to go and of course you don't have to pay for postage!

It appears the DVD/VCR combo i have just doesn't like the tapes recorded in my last VCR. Tapes recorded on my first couple are playing perfectly. So i have started with the first tapes i ever recorded. First tape from NYE 1984 through to about mid 1985. Uncovered a few beauties.

SCANDAL - The Warrior
DEAD OR ALIVE - That's The Way I Like It
RUSS BALLARD - Voices
THOMPSON TWINS - Lay Your Hands On Me
DYNAMIC HEPNOTICS - Gotta Be Wrong
DeBARGE - Rhythm Of The Night
POOKAH MAKES THREE - Take It All Back

Second tape from 1985

WILLIE & THE POOR BOYS - Baby Please Don't Go
DON HENLEY - All She Wants To Do Is Dance
HOWARD JONES - Things Can Only Get Better
PAUL HARDCASTLE - 19 - The Final Story
POWER STATION - Get It On
THE PROMISE - Walking With A Weight
RICK SPRINGFIELD - State Of The Heart
TIME BANDITS - Endless Road
GANGGAJANG - Giver Of Life
UNCANNY X MEN - Still Waiting
GO WEST - Call Me
COREY HART - Never Surrender
HOWARD JONES - Look Mama

I still have about half a dozen tapes to go. They go to 1989 where i just started recording the Rage top 50 every couple of months.

Your early tapes sound awesome! 84/85 is my favourite era ever. Watching old tapes with recordings from different shows is my idea of heaven, regardless of the quality.

JASE
It appears the DVD/VCR combo i have just doesn't like the tapes recorded in my last VCR. Tapes recorded on my first couple are playing perfectly. So i have started with the first tapes i ever recorded. First tape from NYE 1984 through to about mid 1985. Uncovered a few beauties.

SCANDAL - The Warrior
DEAD OR ALIVE - That's The Way I Like It
RUSS BALLARD - Voices
THOMPSON TWINS - Lay Your Hands On Me
DYNAMIC HEPNOTICS - Gotta Be Wrong
DeBARGE - Rhythm Of The Night
POOKAH MAKES THREE - Take It All Back

Second tape from 1985

WILLIE & THE POOR BOYS - Baby Please Don't Go
DON HENLEY - All She Wants To Do Is Dance
HOWARD JONES - Things Can Only Get Better
PAUL HARDCASTLE - 19 - The Final Story
POWER STATION - Get It On
THE PROMISE - Walking With A Weight
RICK SPRINGFIELD - State Of The Heart
TIME BANDITS - Endless Road
GANGGAJANG - Giver Of Life
UNCANNY X MEN - Still Waiting
GO WEST - Call Me
COREY HART - Never Surrender
HOWARD JONES - Look Mama

I still have about half a dozen tapes to go. They go to 1989 where i just started recording the Rage top 50 every couple of months.

JASE

If you have any full, or even partial, top 50 countdowns, I'd love to see what you have/may be interested in obtaining copies, if you're able to duplicate.

I have complete end of year top 50s from Rage on vhs. The only exception was 1992 when i missed it. I have the Video Hits one from that year instead. All my other chart videos are gone. I made best of dvds with these using just the rarer videos

JASE
I have complete end of year top 50s from Rage on vhs. The only exception was 1992 when i missed it. I have the Video Hits one from that year instead. All my other chart videos are gone. I made best of dvds with these using just the rarer videos

If you have the full top 50 of 1988 and 1989, I'd love to grab a copy of those (or at least the 50-41 portion of the 1988 chart that is missing from the copy I obtained, and the 50-43 portion of the 1989 chart that is missing from the copy I obtained). I have the full top 60 of 1990-1993 inclusive, though my tape cuts out during #2 for 1991, and I paused recorded during a couple of songs I hated at the time for the 1993 one; and I also have the full top 50 chart for 1994-6 inclusive. I can copy you the 1992 one if you want it.

sorry don't have 1988. I have 1989 through to 2005 (i think) when the top 50 finished. My plan is to check the clips either side of the chart. Happy to send the tape once i am done as i will only be throwing them away after anyway. They are taking up too much space and i think vcr players are going to be harder to get very soon.

JASE, if you are able to copy any full videos from your 1984 to 1988 tapes onto DVD or USB (that might be easier?) I'd be interested in obtaining some if you don't mind sharing. Particularly if there's anything rare that isn't on youtube. I'm thinking more of isolated videos rather than year-end top fifties as it's more likely to contain hidden gems.

Only if it's not too much trouble though.

Hi Jase,

I'd be keen to get copies of the end of year charts for 89, 99, 01, 03 & 05. Will be happy to pay for dvd copies, no problem.

Let me know, cheers.

JASE
sorry don't have 1988. I have 1989 through to 2005 (i think) when the top 50 finished. My plan is to check the clips either side of the chart. Happy to send the tape once i am done as i will only be throwing them away after anyway. They are taking up too much space and i think vcr players are going to be harder to get very soon.

Thanks, I'd definitely be interested in the 1989 end of year chart tape, and, to a lesser extent, the 1999 one. My 1990 end of year chart one is in pretty bad shape, so if yours is OK, I'm potentially interested in that one, too.

Like Brad, I'm potentially interested in any isolated rare videos.

I agree with you that VCRs are probably going to get difficult to get soon, other than buying them second hand through sites like eBay (though will people still bother listing them is the question). That being said, I did buy a laserdisc player on eBay in 2014.

I'm hoping my current VCR lasts until I've at least digitised all of the VHS tapes I have.