Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is anyone else getting dashed (overscanning) lines on top of the picture during rage?

Jason D.
The issue is that when the clips are played on computer, they do not have overscan. Without overscan, the full image is shown. The full image is not intended to be shown on television, therefore, you are missing out on some of the image when watching videos on television screens. Therefore you end up getting overscanning lines sometimes.

It has never been an issue for me with rage though until last November. Something must have changed in the way they broadcast these earlier-encoded videos, as nothing has changed at my end with recorders/set top box, and there have been 2 or 3 weeks since then when the overscanning lines didn't appear on these clips.

The dashed lines are brighter/even more noticeable on ABC HD.

BTW I noticed it on all of the rage clips you sent me (recorded before last November), but figured it must be something to do with the recording device/s you use. Didn't see it when watching on TV, but did when playing the disc on my computer.

Re: Is anyone else getting dashed (overscanning) lines on top of the picture during rage?

At Jason B, very interesting!

I only watch my DVD's on my TV and not my computer, so this is why I am not seeing this on my recordings

I've seen the overscan lines on the ABC ME repeats before, but they haven't been there the last few weeks. Odd. But ABC is still affected.

I'm seeing the lines in all ratios on some videos when I'm editing on my Panasonic DVD recorder.

Nathan
I'm seeing the lines in all ratios on some videos when I'm editing on my Panasonic DVD recorder.

The recorder I use for recording in 16:9 is Panasonic, but the other, older model I use for recording rage in 4:3 is Pioneer. I get the lines on both, but only for videos encoded by rage prior to February 2012. But the ABC ME repeats seem OK - for now, anyway (they were getting the lines a month or two ago too).

Wow, the overscan lines weren't there on this morning's rage Vault episode!

I'd like to think my email alerting rage to this a few weeks back had an impact, but the lines will probably be back on the weekend

The overscan lines now seem to be permanently gone.