Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

Brad
Usually I'm complaining that the retro is too new, now it's going in the other direction!

I agree. A lot of these clips I've seen on rage before; plus it pre-dates the music video era for the most part, so many of these clips will just be studio performances (often black & white). Oh well, I'm sure someone is pleased.

Michael
Why don't they put Monday night playlists up on the website? I know they post on facebook, but if they put all the other nights playlists up on the website, why not Monday's?

I get the impression rage have been on 'skeletal staff' since around the time the election was announced, and still appear to be. They never comment on Facebook posts anymore, for example.

Guru Bob
Are they replacing this segment with women's soccer repeats now or am I reading the TV guide wrong?

I really hope not.

Who wants to watch (women's or men's) soccer at that hour?

Looking at next weeks' programming they are only showing the women's soccer on the Tues/Wed night - which is a repeat of their regular Sunday afternoon program.

It looks like they will only replay the Saturday afternoon soccer on the Mon/Tues night and next week there is no game broadcast in that slot so it should be back to normal vault segment.

Checking the soccer broadcast fixture it appears that the Saturday game shown last week was a one off to launch the season (although it was actually round 2 apparently). The W League season runs for 14 weeks plus 3 weeks of finals but in round 10 (Jan 1&2) there will be no broadcast game.

So it looks like we will be back to normal after tonight.

The version of Life On Mars played during December 5 hasn't been played before until now

WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only rage included the video to Breakdance by Irene Cara!

But how super duper COOL!

Shoina Lang as well!

Jason 'The Moderator"
WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoina Lang as well!

I started reading the playlist from the bottom up when I first saw it, and wasn't too thrilled, but yes there is some rare stuff shown earlier on.

I wish they'd shown 'Left of Center' instead of 'Luka', though, as I don't have a watermark-free digital copy of that.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Shoina Lang as well!

Hi Jason,

If you are interested I have Voyeur from a Laser Disc. It is a great video and nice and clean if you are interested?

Thank You Nathan for uploading the rage Playlist every Monday night. I have left Facebook as I loathe Social media and don't plan to return till November when I submit Countdown requests.

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Jason 'The Moderator"

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Sure, I plan to continue.

Next week's Tuesday morning episode is only about an hour long. No doubt they'll pick a really good theme, then

It's starting later than normal because of that W league (whatever that is) that has been airing normally on Wednesday mornings. Typical Australia - sport trumps everything else

Interesting, only 1 hour long. Perfect to play the Countdown episode from 11/04/1982 in that hour. But according to them, they don't have time in their upcoming programming. Fools

Has anybody who were the fans of Bardot? Bardot is an Australian girl band and pop group from the early 2000s.
For more information, try Wikipedia.

Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

...except they have aired it, 4 times since playlists have been online (January 1998):

9 December 2000
19 July 2008
2 February 2013
15 November 2014

I have a recording of it from rage, too.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members.

I hope they do an Aussie one. I'd like to see Mark Seymour's solo clips which haven't aired on rage for a very long time.

They did play it. They replaced the clips with Countdown performances as they were playing Countdown eps at this time as well

The Meldrum tapes im talking about as discussed on the previous page. Sorry im a bit slow

Oh bugger. My recorder stopped just after the Daryl Hall videos. Can anyone help me out with the rest??

Tonight on the VAULT we've got classic black and white videos from the likes of Björk, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Chris Isaak, Alanis Morissette, Radiohead, LL Cool J, De La Soul and more! 1:50 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

Also don't forget to tune in for our special 'rage 30: The Story of rage' tonight at 10 pm!

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS Give It Away
FRANK BLACK Headache
EELS Novocaine For The Soul
RADIOHEAD Street Spirit
R.E.M. Man On The Moon
TOM WAITS Downtown Train
LEONARD COHEN Dance Me To The End Of Love
CHRIS ISAAK Wicked Game
KD LANG Constant Craving
U2 All I Want Is You
ALANIS MORISSETTE Hand In My Pocket
SOPHIE B. HAWKINS **** I Wish I Was Your Lover
JANET JACKSON Love Will Never Do (Without You)
BJORK Big Time Sensuality
WHITE TOWN Your Woman
FRONT 242 Headhunter
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST Electric Relaxation
DE LA SOUL Say No Go
LL COOL J Going Back To Cali
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD I'd Rather Go Blind
MALCOLM McLAREN Something's Jumping In Your Shirt

I think the Sydney Youngblood video is the only one that hasn't been aired in recent years... maybe the Alanis one too, as I think they've aired a live performance instead of the actual video. But, knowing rage lately, they'll probably air the (in colour) live performance tonight instead

The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Björk videos aired on the weekend just gone, too

Regardless of how common most of them are, there are some nice videos in there at least.

R.E.M. Man On The Moon
KD LANG Constant Craving
U2 All I Want Is You
ALANIS MORISSETTE Hand In My Pocket
SOPHIE B. HAWKINS **** I Wish I Was Your Lover
JANET JACKSON Love Will Never Do (Without You)
BJORK Big Time Sensuality
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD I'd Rather Go Blind

and particularly
MALCOLM McLAREN Something's Jumping In Your Shirt

Lo and behold, rage aired the in-colour live performance of 'Hand In My Pocket' instead of the black & white music video . Clearly no-one there checks.

ohnoitisnathan
Lo and behold, rage aired the in-colour live performance of 'Hand In My Pocket' instead of the black & white music video . Clearly no-one there checks.

Good grief

Looks like a late 90s r&b special tonight.

rage
53 mins ·

Tune in to the VAULT tonight for body bumpin' jams from Aaliyah, Montell Jordan, Brandy, Will Smith, Usher, Dru Hill and more. 1:23 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

MONIFAH Touch It
TAMIA Imagination
AALIYAH Are You That Somebody
USHER You Make Me Wanna
MONTELL JORDAN Let's Ride
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT Body Bumpin' (Yippie-Yi-Yo)
WILL SMITH Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
A+ Enjoy Yourself
NEXT Too Close
R KELLY feat. KEITH MURRAY Home Alone
JERMAINE DUPRI feat. MARIAH CAREY Sweetheart
DRU HILL In My Bed (So So Def Remix)
DRU HILL These Are The Times
PAPPA BEAR Cherish
K-CI and JOJO All My Life
BRANDY Have You Ever?
DIVINE Lately

rage
20 mins ·

On the VAULT tonight videos by "Weird Al" Yankovic, Cheech and Chong, Denis Leary, Tenacious D, The 12th Man and other jokers. Tune in or hit record from 1:39 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

MEL BROOKS To Be Or Not To Be
BILLY CRYSTAL You Look Marvelous
CHEECH AND CHONG Born In East LA
RODNEY DANGERFIELD Twist and Shout
SAM KINISON Wild Thing
DENIS LEARY A$$hole
TENACIOUS D Tribute
JIM CARREY Somebody To Love
ADAM SANDLER Somebody Kill Me
ADAM SANDLER The Lonesome Kicker
CHEF Chocolate Salty Balls
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC Smells Like Nirvana
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC Bedrock Anthem
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC Living With A Hernia
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC Ricky
CLIFF RICHARD and THE YOUNG ONES Living Doll
ALEXEI SAYLE ‘Ullo John Got A New Motor
CON THE FRUITERER A Cuppla Days
KYLIE MOLE So Excellent
JACKO I'm An Individual
12TH MAN, THE It's Just Not Cricket
AUSTEN TAYSHUS Australiana
CHRIS FRANKLIN Bloke
REG REAGAN and THE KNUCKLEMEN Am I Ever Gonna See The Biff Again?
MERRICK and ROSSO Teenage Mullet Fury
PAULINE PANTSDOWN I Don't Like It!
FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS Ladies Of The World

Wow, I've been asking for 'So Excellent' for years

And for those who don't do facebook, rage linked this video from the ABC RN page, on the woman who did the 'rage' scream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_msp8j5Y7nQ

ohnoitisnathan
And for those who don't do facebook, rage linked this video from the ABC RN page, on the woman who did the 'rage' scream:

I came here to comment on that! Love it.

I'm not a fan of "comedy" music but there are some great eighties classics in that playlist to justify the theme for me. Though none of the Weird Al choices are his good ones. Not that Con or Jacko are "good" either, but they have their place, being actual hits.

SAM KINISON Wild Thing
KYLIE MOLE So Excellent
JACKO I'm An Individual

Brad
ohnoitisnathan

I came here to comment on that! Love it.

I'm not a fan of "comedy" music but there are some great eighties classics in that playlist to justify the theme for me. Though none of the Weird Al choices are his good ones. Not that Con or Jacko are "good" either, but they have their place, being actual hits.

SAM KINISON Wild Thing
KYLIE MOLE So Excellent
JACKO I'm An Individual

All but Kylie Mole have aired in the digital era already. I can't complain though, as I've wanted a complete/digital copy of 'So Excellent' for ages... though the one I already have (which someone sent me) has a special place, with its large rage lettering and being in the top 10.

KYLIE MOLE So Excellent !!!!!!! * FINALLLLLY * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also asked for it for sometime, Nathan ... we finally get a good copy

So typical... I KNEW rage would have digitised 'So Excellent' before the change in the way they do that in February 2012... so my recording has overscan lines along the top of the picture

Just watch the video of So Excellent on your TV rather than on the computer and you will see no overscan lines.

I am SO pleased to have a copy finally, YAY!

Jason 'The Moderator"
Just watch the video of So Excellent on your TV rather than on the computer and you will see no overscan lines.

I know, but just knowing they're there bugs me.

If I play the .vob file on my TV, I will see the lines. It's only on disc they don't display.

I watch Discs on my TV and I have a WD player which I watch as well.

Just put the disc in and watch it, better than fast forwarding on a VHS like we used to have to.

At least when watching on a DVD it is easy and we finally have a fabulous quality copy burnt onto DVD!

I think Kylie Mole is thinking about her hero, the real Kylie, Kylie Minogue in this pic.

Guru Bob is another who gets the overscan lines, so it's not just me/it must be a broadcasting issue I emailed rage last week to let them know, but not like they'll reply or do anything about it.

rage
59 mins ·

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos by Dokken, Kix Band, Britny Fox, Queensrÿche and more. Tune in or hit record from 1:40 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

TNT Seven Seas
TNT 10,000 Lovers (In One)
BLUE MURDER Valley Of The Kings
BLUE MURDER Jelly Roll
QUEENSRŸCHE I Don't Believe In Love
QUEENSRŸCHE Empire
QUEENSRŸCHE Warning
QUEENSRŸCHE Queen of the Reich
BULLET BOYS For The Love Of Money
BULLET BOYS Smooth Up
BRITNY FOX Standing In The Shadows
GREAT WHITE Once Bitten Twice Shy
DOKKEN Into The Fire
DOKKEN Just Got Lucky
DOKKEN The Hunter
KIX Cold Blood
KIX Don't Close Your Eyes
KIX Body Talk
KIX Cool Kids
ICON On Your Feet
CINDERELLA Nobody's Fool
WINGER Miles Away

I'll be giving this one a miss The only songs I know are the last 2, which I already have.

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos by titans of industrial Throbbing Gristle, Nitzer Ebb, Severed Heads, Coil, Skinny Puppy, Ministry and more. Tune in or hit record from 1:43 am on ABC TV. Check out the playlist below.

NITZER EBB Fun To Be Had
NITZER EBB Control I'm Here
LIAISONS DANGEREUSES Dias Cortas
D.A.F. Der Rauber Und Der Prinz
CABARET VOLITARE I Want You
CABARET VOLITARE Crackdown
THROBBING GRISTLE Discipline
SPK Breathless
SEVERED HEADS All Saints Day
SEVERED HEADS Heart Of The Party
SNOG Hey Christian God
FOETUS Verklemmt
FLUKE Absurd
COIL Love's Secret Domain
KILLING JOKE Millennium
SKINNY PUPPY Dig It
MINISTRY Just One Fix
KMFDM A Drug Against War
FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY Virus
SHEEP ON DRUGS 15 Minutes Of Fame
POP WILL EAT ITSELF Ich Bin Ein Auslander

lol, no thanks.

'Breathless' by SPK might be worth having though.

Brad
lol, no thanks.

I don't know it, at least not by name.

It's like they thought 'hmmm... which alternative sub-genre haven't we had a special on yet?' I like Severed Heads' 'Heart of the Party', but it's not remotely 'industrial', and aired as part of the 30th anniversary viewer take-over thing just a few weeks ago (albeit with overscan lines).

ohnoitisnathan
Brad
lol, no thanks.

I don't know it, at least not by name.

It's the odd one out in this playlist as it's female vocal dance music and not remotely "heavy" (to my ears at least). It is "industrial" I guess. I remember it from The Factory in 1988, and was surprised it didn't chart, and that it was Australian.

Great special, ADORE that SPK are in there with Breathless. Would be great if rage played SPK with Machine Age Voodoo which is equally fabbbbulous. Big SPK fan xxxxx

Also ADORE Cabaret Voltaire and DAF but rage always play the same clips from DAF, they must not have any others.

Nitzer Ebb with Control I’m Here was only played a few months ago but it is GENIUS and those Nitzer Ebb guys are totally HOT HOT HOT! *** I don't have the video for Fun To Be Had from Nitzer Ebb and it looks really FAB! ... I do wish rage had the video for Join The Chant which was mixed by PWL and the drums are SOOOO PWL ... Murderous would also have been good.

Would have loved some early Front 242 from 1984 as well, I have their early videos in NTSC but PAL would be nice ...

80s Industrial is rather amazing, unlike 90s Industrial which is terrible. 80s Industrial is very Electronic and is Dance Music but just more edgier and heavy.

Hi Jason,

If you are interested I have the following Nitzer Ebb videos

Control I'm Here
Let Your Body Learn
The Machineries Of Joy
Hearts and Minds
Shame
Murderous
Fun To Be Had
Lightning Man

If you would like any please let me know

Sorry to hijack this topic...Lee did you get my email a few weeks ago?

Expect to see videos by Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, RUSH, Crash Test Dummies, Alanis Morissette, Bran Van 3000, Feist, Arcade Fire and more Canadian talent on the VAULT tonight. 1:44 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

STEPPENWOLF Born To Be Wild
TRIUMPH Allied Forces
RUSH Big Money
LOVERBOY Turn Me Loose
ROBBIE ROBERTSON Somewhere Down The Crazy River
NEIL YOUNG Harvest Moon
JONI MITCHELL My Secret Place
JANE SIBERRY The Walking
DANIEL LANOIS The Maker
BRUCE COCKBURN Night Train
LEONARD COHEN Dance Me To the End Of Love
KD LANG Constant Craving
CRASH TEST DUMMIES Mmm Mmm Mmm
TRAGICALLY HIP, THE Poets
ALANIS MORISSETTE Ironic
NELLY FURTADO I'm Like A Bird
BRAN VAN 3000 Drinking In L.A.
LEN Steal My Sunshine
CHROMEO Needy Girl
PEACHES Boys Want To Be Her
FEIST Mushaboom
ARCADE FIRE, THE Rebellion (Lies)

I'm pleased to see these from the eighties at least, though they are not exactly rare as all three are on their respective artist's VEVOs...

RUSH Big Money
LOVERBOY Turn Me Loose
ROBBIE ROBERTSON Somewhere Down The Crazy River

These are great too but again, very common.

KD LANG Constant Craving
ALANIS MORISSETTE Ironic
LEN Steal My Sunshine

It's still very Triple J/Triple M classic rock influenced.
I take it the theme is Canadian. It wouldn't hurt for them to throw some pop in there (Nelly Furtado comes closest) like Corey Hart or something.

Brad

These are great too but again, very common.

KD LANG Constant Craving
ALANIS MORISSETTE Ironic
LEN Steal My Sunshine

There are way too many common clips on this. Two of those aired in recent weeks, too.

Brad

It's still very Triple J/Triple M classic rock influenced.
I take it the theme is Canadian. It wouldn't hurt for them to throw some pop in there (Nelly Furtado comes closest) like Corey Hart or something.

Or Celine Dion

I thought Alannah Myles might have made the list, but if so, they probably would have chosen 'Black Velvet'.

When watching it I was most surprised there was no Corey Hart or at least Bryan Adams. These were the biggest Canadian acts in the 80's that I can remember. A Corey clip would have been great.

I would like to have seen Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone).

There was also Martha & The Muffins, Men Without Hats and numerous others that could have been included and get played all the time anyhow I suppose.

We've got videos from UK garage heads The Streets, Craig David, THE ARTFUL DODGER, Daniel Bedingfield, MJ COLE, Wookie and more on the VAULT tonight. 1:58 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

STREETS, THE Has It Come To This?
ZED BIAS Neighbourhood
DJ LUCK and MC NEAT A Little Bit Of Luck
WOOKIE featuring LAIN Battle
OXIDE and NEUTRINO Bound 4 Da Reload
ARTFUL DODGER, THE Re-Rewind - The Crowd Say Bo Selector
LOVESTATION Teardrops
KRISTINE BLOND Love Shy
ARTFUL DODGER, THE Moving Too Fast
STREETS, THE Weak Become Heroes
MJ COLE Sincere
SWEET FEMALE ATTITUDE Flowers
LONYO Summer Of Love
DANIEL BEDINGFIELD Gotta Get Thru This
ARTFUL DODGER, THE Please Don't Turn Me On
CRAIG DAVID Fill Me In
DJ PIED PIPER and THE MASTERS OF CEREMONIES Do You Really Like It
TRUE STEPPERS featuring DANE BOWERS Buggin
WIDEBOYS Sambuca
B15 PROJECT Girls Like Us
JAIMESON featuring ANGEL BLU True
3 OF A KIND Babycakes

...except Daniel Bedingfield's from NZ.

Tonight on the VAULT Dragon, Cold Chisel, Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons, Mental As Anything, Men at Work, Divinyls, Australian Crawl and more. Tune in or hit record from 1:49 am. Playlist below.

COLD CHISEL You Got Nothing I Want
SPORTS, THE Who Listens To The Radio
JO JO ZEP AND THE FALCONS Shape I'm In (Live On Countdown)
FERRETS, THE Don't Fall In Love (Adelaide Festival, 1978)
SKYHOOKS Meglomania
DRAGON Still In Love With You
RICHARD CLAPTON Goodbye Tiger
GOANNA Razor's Edge
PAUL KELLY and THE COLOURED GIRLS From St. Kilda To Kings Cross
NO FIXED ADDRESS From My Eyes
HOODOO GURUS Bittersweet
MENTAL AS ANYTHING If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too?
SPLIT ENZ I Got You
MONDO ROCK Cool World
FLOWERS We Can Get Together
DO RE MI Man Overboard
MATT FINISH Always Another
SUNNYBOYS, THE You Need A Friend
MEN AT WORK Who Can It Be Now
AUSTRALIAN CRAWL Errol
INXS Just Keep Walking
DIVINYLS Boys In Town
ANGELS, THE Take A Long Line
ROSE TATTOO Branded

Cool - that will complete my digital collection of all four Goanna videos!

Some of the other choices could have been a bit more on the rare side though... although if they actually had some of the rarer Do Re Mi, Divinyls, Mondo Rock clips etc in their Library they would have already made an appearance at some point over the past 15 years. Can we assume they have lost them?

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if the Sunnyboys clip was there actual videoclip or the Countdown one? They did show the Countdown one on Saturday again with The Clouds special?

Lee
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if the Sunnyboys clip was there actual videoclip or the Countdown one? They did show the Countdown one on Saturday again with The Clouds special?

It was the Countdown performance.

Interestingly, rage re-aired some of the Saturday morning (90s Australian music) vault segment this morning, plus Clouds' 'Hieronymus', rather than a re-hash of the top 20 chart countdown, as normally airs when rage is on Thursday morning ABC.

A rubbish 'Vault' night tonight; it looks like the theme is mid 00s songs.

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos by MIA, Gnarls Barkley, Three 6 Mafia, Missy Elliott, Róisín Murphy, M83, Modest Mouse, Franz Ferdinand, LCD Soundsystem and more. 1:50 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

GNARLS BARKLEY Crazy
THE GAME feat. 50 CENT Hate It Or Love It
THREE 6 MAFIA Stay Fly
CIARA feat. LUDACRIS Oh
MISSY ELLIOTT feat. CIARA and FATMAN SCOOP Lose Control
M.I.A. Bucky Done Gun
GWEN STEFANI Hollaback Girl
ROBYN Be Mine
ROYKSOPP Only This Moment
LADYTRON Destroy Everything You Touch
JENNY WILSON Let My Shoes Lead Me Forward
ROISIN MURPHY If We're In Love