Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage 30th anniversary - opportunity to have your playlist of 30 songs aired

I could select the album title singles, but 'Whitney' throws a spanner in the works.

Well, Richard Wilkins (the f@#ker) stole my idea. He did a music report on Today yesterday morning talking about the great albums of 1987 and most of those by departed artists. . I'm abandoning this idea now. Anyway, had a think about it and here is my Top 5 that I submitted:

Runaway Train - Soul Asylum
The Way - Fastball
Big Love - Fleetwood Mac
Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
Patience - Guns n Roses

I won't bore you with my reasons for picking these songs. They're not my ideal playlist, but have to keep the rage guys happy and for me to get a look in. Don't get me wrong, I love these songs and I just hope they still have the video for 'Runaway Train' - can't say I've seen it on rage recently. I also had to span the songs out over the years, ie picking 'Mirrors' from 2013.

When I submitted, they said we may play or all one of your videos. WTF? I guess if people have submitted the same songs/videos then it will be silly to play a song numerous times over the weekend. I was also being selective too, thinking that any of my songs won't be replicated in someone else's playlist.

Michael
Well, Richard Wilkins (the f@#ker) stole my idea. He did a music report on Today yesterday morning talking about the great albums of 1987 and most of those by departed artists.

Mel & Kim 'F.L.M'

Michael
here is my Top 5 that I submitted:

Runaway Train - Soul Asylum
The Way - Fastball
Big Love - Fleetwood Mac
Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
Patience - Guns n Roses

I won't bore you with my reasons for picking these songs. They're not my ideal playlist, but have to keep the rage guys happy and for me to get a look in. Don't get me wrong, I love these songs and I just hope they still have the video for 'Runaway Train' - can't say I've seen it on rage recently. I also had to span the songs out over the years, ie picking 'Mirrors' from 2013.

The original Australian video (each country it was released in had different missing people) for 'Runaway Train' featured several of the backpacker murder victims... whose bodies were found while it was in the charts!

A second edit was subsequently made, with new missing persons in their place, which I've uploaded to my Vimeo account here - https://vimeo.com/196389137

There was a site I saw a few months ago which had updates on some of the missing people featured in the video (from various countries).

I saw a disc someone sent me a while ago with 'Runaway Train' on the playlist, presumably the Australian version, but I haven't checked yet whether it was the first or second edit.

Nice bit of info there Nathan. I checked out your vimeo and the clip is taken from the Top 60 of 1993. I have this also. It's starting to become vintage now hey?