Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

Michael
Actually a lot of songs from the 90's that I hated in the day, I have grown to love and have appreciation for.

I think as new music gets worse and worse, old music you weren't so fond of initially starts sounding better and better.

The coming week's Tuesday morning episode is 3 hours long, so hopefully it will be something good.

Michael
Why don't they put Monday night playlists up on the website? I know they post on facebook, but if they put all the other nights playlists up on the website, why not Monday's?

I get the impression rage have been on 'skeletal staff' since around the time the election was announced, and still appear to be. They never comment on Facebook posts anymore, for example.

Guru Bob
Are they replacing this segment with women's soccer repeats now or am I reading the TV guide wrong?

I really hope not.

Who wants to watch (women's or men's) soccer at that hour?

Looking at next weeks' programming they are only showing the women's soccer on the Tues/Wed night - which is a repeat of their regular Sunday afternoon program.

It looks like they will only replay the Saturday afternoon soccer on the Mon/Tues night and next week there is no game broadcast in that slot so it should be back to normal vault segment.

Checking the soccer broadcast fixture it appears that the Saturday game shown last week was a one off to launch the season (although it was actually round 2 apparently). The W League season runs for 14 weeks plus 3 weeks of finals but in round 10 (Jan 1&2) there will be no broadcast game.

So it looks like we will be back to normal after tonight.

The version of Life On Mars played during December 5 hasn't been played before until now

WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only rage included the video to Breakdance by Irene Cara!

But how super duper COOL!

Shoina Lang as well!

Jason 'The Moderator"
WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoina Lang as well!

I started reading the playlist from the bottom up when I first saw it, and wasn't too thrilled, but yes there is some rare stuff shown earlier on.

I wish they'd shown 'Left of Center' instead of 'Luka', though, as I don't have a watermark-free digital copy of that.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Shoina Lang as well!

Hi Jason,

If you are interested I have Voyeur from a Laser Disc. It is a great video and nice and clean if you are interested?

Thank You Nathan for uploading the rage Playlist every Monday night. I have left Facebook as I loathe Social media and don't plan to return till November when I submit Countdown requests.

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Jason 'The Moderator"

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Sure, I plan to continue.

Next week's Tuesday morning episode is only about an hour long. No doubt they'll pick a really good theme, then

It's starting later than normal because of that W league (whatever that is) that has been airing normally on Wednesday mornings. Typical Australia - sport trumps everything else

Interesting, only 1 hour long. Perfect to play the Countdown episode from 11/04/1982 in that hour. But according to them, they don't have time in their upcoming programming. Fools

Has anybody who were the fans of Bardot? Bardot is an Australian girl band and pop group from the early 2000s.
For more information, try Wikipedia.

Beastie Boys special tonight

We've got a huge serve of Beastie Boys videos coming up on the VAULT tonight. Tune in or hit record from 1:23 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

BEASTIE BOYS Intergalactic
BEASTIE BOYS Jimmy James
BEASTIE BOYS Hey Ladies
BEASTIE BOYS Sure Shot
BEASTIE BOYS Alive
BEASTIE BOYS Gratitude
BEASTIE BOYS Shake Your Rump
BEASTIE BOYS Something's Got To Give
BEASTIE BOYS Root Down
BEASTIE BOYS So What'cha Want
BEASTIE BOYS Egg Raid On Mojo
BEASTIE BOYS Body Movin'
BEASTIE BOYS Super Disco Breakin'
BEASTIE BOYS Sabotage
BEASTIE BOYS Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun
BEASTIE BOYS Three Mc's and One DJ
BEASTIE BOYS Netty's Girl
BEASTIE BOYS Shadrach
BEASTIE BOYS Pass The Mic
BEASTIE BOYS No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn
BEASTIE BOYS Ch-Check It Out
BEASTIE BOYS This Time It's Serious Special
BEASTIE BOYS Root Down (Live at Tibetan Freedom Concert)
BEASTIE BOYS Ricky's Theme
BEASTIE BOYS feat. CYPRESS HILL So What'cha Want (Remix)
BEASTIE BOYS Sure Shot (Live)
BEASTIE BOYS She's On It
BEASTIE BOYS Holy Snappers
BEASTIE BOYS Fight For Your Right (To Party)
BEASTIE BOYS She's Crafty
BEASTIE BOYS An Open Letter To NYC
BEASTIE BOYS The Rat Cage
BEASTIE BOYS Triple Trouble
BEASTIE BOYS Off The Grid
BEASTIE BOYS feat. SANTIGOLD Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win
BEASTIE BOYS Fight For Your Right (Revisited)

GOOD GRIEF!

How to waste a Vault special.

I try not to be cynical, but it seems like they are gravitating back to a triple-J type playlist, with only a token nod to the more fun kind of retro.

I think that artist specials should be confined to Saturday nights, and are a waste of the Vault format.

Brad
I think that artist specials should be confined to Saturday nights, and are a waste of the Vault format.

I disagree. I think artist specials are perfect for the Vault format PROVIDED they are a "Vault" artist, i.e. long disbanded / no longer making music, and especially if they are unlikely to ever get a special of their own in the Saturday programme, e.g. have less than 10 videos total or not particularly well known. This is the perfect place to put them.

We've had Tue morning Vault for well over 1 year now, well over 60 Vault shows, and only 4 or 5 artist specials in that time. A lot of the "theme" Vault shows were a bit try-hard or showed clips that got aired fairly often. We had a run of hip-hop/rap/soul Vaults mid last year that got annoying.

We've also had a handful of spectacular Vault shows with great rare clips! Those nuggets are really worth waiting for.

Beastie Boys... well I'll give this one a miss but I'm sure there will be some people out there who are overjoyed at this. They can have their time in the sun as long as they give me mine when a Vault show that I love (but they hate) comes around.

As always, each to their own.

Brad
it seems like they are gravitating back to a triple-J type playlist, with only a token nod to the more fun kind of retro.

Totally agree with you. It'd be different if they had specials on artists they don't normally/rarely play, but no, we get Beastie Boys, and Nirvana the weekend before last on Saturday morning What next, a Nick Cave Vault episode?

But I do prefer mixed artists with a theme (or no theme), generally.

Beastie Boys, ughhhh. How typically 90s triple J ...

For such VAULT Specials, if they are going to do artists and bands do non typical bands and artists, I mean really. There are MILLIONS to chose from!!!!!!!!

More 'alternative' stuff tonight...

Tonight on the VAULT Lush, Modern English, Cocteau Twins, Bauhaus, Throwing Muses, Breeders, Frank Black, Thievery Corporation, Mojave 3 and more. Tune in or hit record from 1:30 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY Nick The Stripper
BAUHAUS Ziggy Stardust
BAUHAUS Mask
MODERN ENGLISH Hands Across The Sea
MODERN ENGLISH I Melt With You
MODERN ENGLISH Ink And Paper
COCTEAU TWINS Love's Easy Tears
COCTEAU TWINS Pearly Dew Drops' Drops
COCTEAU TWINS Crushed
COCTEAU TWINS Heaven Or Las Vegas
DEAD CAN DANCE Frontier
DEAD CAN DANCE The Carnival Is Over
THIS MORTAL COIL Acid, Bitter and Sad
THIS MORTAL COIL Kangaroo
LUSH For Love
LUSH Sweetness and Light
LUSH De-Luxe
LUSH Ladykillers
THE WOLFGANG PRESS A Girl Like You
THAT DOG He's Kissing Christian
THAT DOG Old Timer
THROWING MUSES Bright Yellow Gun
THROWING MUSES Dizzy
THROWING MUSES Fish
BELLY Feed The Tree
BELLY Superconnected
TANYA DONELLY Pretty Deep
THE BREEDERS Saints
THE BREEDERS Cannonball
THE AMPS Tipp City
THE PIXIES Here Comes Your Man
THE PIXIES Velouria
FRANK BLACK Men In Black
FRANK BLACK Hang On To Your Ego
LISA GERMANO Puppet
HEIDI BERRY Up In The Air
HIS NAME IS ALIVE Can't Always Be Loved
GUS GUS Polyesterday
GUS GUS Believe
CUBA Black Island
THIEVERY CORPORATION Richest Man In Babylon
THIEVERY CORPORATION Shadows Of Ourselves
THIEVERY CORPORATION Lebanese Blonde
MOJAVE 3 Love Songs On The Radio
MOJAVE 3 Some Kinda Angel
KRISTIN HERSH A Loon
KRISTIN HERSH Echo
TARNATION Your Thoughts and Mine

ohnoitisnathan
More 'alternative' stuff tonight...

I'm not complaining... there's a few clips in there I have been after for more than 15 YEARS!!!

ohnoitisnathan
Tune in or hit record from 1:30 am on ABC TV.

Interesting that they are openly inviting people to record rage now... I mean we know everyone does it, but TV stations usually haven't encouraged it openly.

Clip Magnet

I'm not complaining... there's a few clips in there I have been after for more than 15 YEARS!!!

Interesting that they are openly inviting people to record rage now... I mean we know everyone does it, but TV stations usually haven't encouraged it openly.

There was some OK stuff in the playlist, but the point was that they love any excuse to have an 'alternative' playlist.

It's now legal to timeshift a broadcasted program once, I believe. I remember reading something about a change in the Copyright Act a few years ago. But yes, like we haven't been doing this all along

I think rage post that there since many people in the past have complained that a Monday night Vault episode they want to see is 'on a school night', and/or the starting time is way too late. Not that it helps - most of these people don't seem to own recorders.

On the VAULT tonight videos by Paul Simon, Ric Ocasek, Daryl Hall, Michael McDonald, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Roger Waters and more. 1:54 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ROBERT PLANT In The Mood
ROBERT PLANT Big Log
DONALD FAGEN New Frontier
RIC OCASEK True To You
RIC OCASEK Something To Grab For
RIC OCASEK Emotion In Motion
PAUL SIMON Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard
PAUL SIMON The Obvious Child
PAUL SIMON Diamonds On the Soles of Her Feet
ART GARFUNKEL A Heart In New York
ROBIN GIBB Secret Agent
ROBIN GIBB Another Lonely Night In New Yotk
ANDY GIBB I Just Wanna Be Your Everything
MICHAEL MCDONALD Take It To Heart
MICHAEL MCDONALD Tear It Up
DARYL HALL I Wasn't Born Yesterday
DARYL HALL Dreamtime
CLARENCE CLEMONS A Womans Got the Power
DAVID LEE ROTH Just A Gigilo/I Ain't Got Nobody
STEVE WINWOOD Higher Love
ERIC CLAPTON It's In the Way You Use It
ROGER WATERS Pros and Cons of Hitchiking
ROGER WATERS Hello (I Love You)
PETE TOWNSEND Rough Boys
JOHN FOGERTY Change In The Weather
JOHN FOGERTY Eye of the Zombie
ACE FREHLEY Into the Night
JOAN JETT and THE BLACK HEARTS Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
JIMMY PAGE Wasting My Time
ROBERT PLANT Burning Down One Side
ROBERT PLANT Heaven Knows
DAVE STEWART and BARBARA GASKIN The Locomotion
ANNIE LENNOX No More I Love You's
JANE WIEDLIN Rush Hour
PETER MURPHY Cuts You Up

I assume the theme is band members going solo?

ohnoitisnathan
On the VAULT tonight videos by Paul Simon, Ric Ocasek, Daryl Hall, Michael McDonald, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Roger Waters and more. 1:54 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ROBERT PLANT In The Mood
ROBERT PLANT Big Log
RIC OCASEK True To You
ROBIN GIBB Secret Agent
DARYL HALL Dreamtime
PETE TOWNSEND Rough Boys
ANNIE LENNOX No More I Love You's
JANE WIEDLIN Rush Hour
PETER MURPHY Cuts You Up

I assume the theme is band members going solo?

That's a good guess, though I don't know how Joan Jett & The Blackhearts fits in.

If that is the theme, then they seem to think that is the Dave Stewart from Eurythmics (it's a different one).

There's a few rare videos I wanted, so no complaints from me, other than they could have thrown a few more females in.

Brad

That's a good guess, though I don't know how Joan Jett & The Blackhearts fits in.

If that is the theme, then they seem to think that is the Dave Stewart from Eurythmics (it's a different one).

There's a few rare videos I wanted, so no complaints from me, other than they could have thrown a few more females in.

Joan Jett was in the Runaways, but yes, it doesn't quite fit with 'The Blackhearts' also being part of her 'solo' act.

They also aired some videos by that Dave Stewart after the Eurythmics one guest programmed in 2012. How funny.

Someone else noted the lack of female artists on the facebook page; it's only 4 with female singers out of 36, they said. Typical rage.

Holy f@#k, 'Rush Hour' by Jane Wiedlin. Criminal that it wasn't a Top 10 hit here like in the US. I remember seeing the video the first time and last time on The Factory back in the day.

Michael
Holy f@#k, 'Rush Hour' by Jane Wiedlin. Criminal that it wasn't a Top 10 hit here like in the US. I remember seeing the video the first time and last time on The Factory back in the day.

Instead it was a #88 smash, as revealed on Gavin's blog Still, at least it entered the ARIA top 100 (it missed the AMR top 100, the top 50 portion of which was used by ARIA until mid June '8 .

I think I saw 'Rush Hour' once on Saturday Morning Live and that was it, but remembered the song. I got an unofficial DVD copy of it about 11 years ago.

I haven't watched all of last night's show yet, but there were some variations in the playlist, i.e. airing 'Big Log' first, and airing 'The Boy In the Bubble' and 'Graceland' (both of which I wanted) by Paul Simon instead of 'Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard'. Although they edited the playlist after I posted the one above (though it still wasn't exactly what aired):

ROBERT PLANT In The Mood
ROBERT PLANT Big Log
RIC OCASEK True To You
PAUL SIMON Graceland
ROBIN GIBB Secret Agent
DARYL HALL Dreamtime
PETE TOWNSEND Rough Boys
ANNIE LENNOX No More aI Love You's
JANE WIEDLIN Rush Hour
PETER MURPHY Cuts You Up

ohnoitisnathan
I think I saw 'Rush Hour' once on Saturday Morning Live and that was it, but remembered the song. I got an unofficial DVD copy of it about 11 years ago.

It was shown on rage at least once in 1988 because I still have the VHS copy of it, with the huge screen font they used to have back in those days! Good to get a digital copy

Clip Magnet
ohnoitisnathan

It was shown on rage at least once in 1988 because I still have the VHS copy of it, with the huge screen font they used to have back in those days! Good to get a digital copy

I hadn't really cottoned on that rage aired new release videos (or at least, wasn't consistently viewing/recording them) on Friday night/Saturday morning before the top 50 until 1993, so missed it. I love seeing early rage clips with the huge font. I'd love to see what else you have from that period.

The huge font was still a thing in mid October 1989, as I have some clips from the top 50 then with it. But the smaller size font was in from mid November 1989 at the latest, as I have a top 50 from then with it.

Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members. One song I wish they'd played was Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel. Surely his most well known (but rarely played) song. It would be good to have it played on Rage.

...except they have aired it, 4 times since playlists have been online (January 1998):

9 December 2000
19 July 2008
2 February 2013
15 November 2014

I have a recording of it from rage, too.

RetroTragic
Great theme for Monday night - solo singles from band members.

I hope they do an Aussie one. I'd like to see Mark Seymour's solo clips which haven't aired on rage for a very long time.

They did play it. They replaced the clips with Countdown performances as they were playing Countdown eps at this time as well

The Meldrum tapes im talking about as discussed on the previous page. Sorry im a bit slow

Oh bugger. My recorder stopped just after the Daryl Hall videos. Can anyone help me out with the rest??

ohnoitisnathan
I love seeing early rage clips with the huge font.

Here it is for all the nostalgia buffs:

ohnoitisnathan
I'd love to see what else you have from that period.

I have about 25 VHS tapes with rage recorded on them, covering 1988 through to about 2003 when I went digital and recorded to PC. To save tapes I used to document which bits of each tape didn't have any clips of interest, and then record over that section in the coming weeks. So it's a good archive of clips I wanted, but not a good archive of rage as it went to air because it's all bits and pieces.

I've digitised the lot (well, the clips I wanted to keep). I've thought about selling them on eBay if anyone is interested, although I'd have to spend time cataloguing all the clips on each one and time is a bit short. Otherwise when I'm well and truly convinced I'll never need them again, into the bin they go. That time is near.

Clip Magnet

Here it is for all the nostalgia buffs:

Cool to see.

Clip Magnet

I have about 25 VHS tapes with rage recorded on them, covering 1988 through to about 2003 when I went digital and recorded to PC. To save tapes I used to document which bits of each tape didn't have any clips of interest, and then record over that section in the coming weeks. So it's a good archive of clips I wanted, but not a good archive of rage as it went to air because it's all bits and pieces.

I've digitised the lot (well, the clips I wanted to keep). I've thought about selling them on eBay if anyone is interested, although I'd have to spend time cataloguing all the clips on each one and time is a bit short. Otherwise when I'm well and truly convinced I'll never need them again, into the bin they go. That time is near.

I'd be interested in 1988-89 ones, particularly for any new release videos you recorded that weren't in the top 50. Even the next few years (say, 1990-1993) for new release videos.

I still have nearly all of my rage VHS tapes. Just as well, because I discovered a while ago that some I digitised in 2005 were done with a faulty audio-in lead, resulting in them only having one-channel audio... so I've had to re-encode those.

I think the theme for tonight's show is videos with a white background.

For our 'White Room' VAULT tonight we've got videos by Lindsey Buckingham, Toto, David Bowie, The Cure, Cat Power, Pulp, PJ Harvey, Rick James, Sparks, Crystal Waters and more. 1:55 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ELVIS COSTELLO Pump It Up
DAVID BOWIE Be My Wife
ROBERT PALMER Looking For Clues
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM Trouble
TOTO 99
PHIL COLLINS I Missed Again
GO WEST King of Wishful Thinking
MICHAEL BOLTON How Can We Be Lovers
THE ****ED Smash It Up
THE JAM Going Underground
THE SPECIALS A Message To You Rudy
THE WAITRESSES I Know What Boys Like
LET'S ACTIVE Every Word Means No
WILD CHOIR feat. GAIL DAVIES Safe In the Arms of Love
INXS The One Thing
THE CURE Play For Today
PJ HARVEY This Is Love
CAT POWER Cross Bone Style
ELTON JOHN Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word To Say
ABBA Mamma Mia
ERASURE Take A Chance On Me
MALCOLM McLAREN Deep In Vogue
CRYSTAL WATERS Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless)
C and C MUSIC FACTORY Things That Make You Go Hmmm
TONE LOC Wild Thing
RICK JAMES Superfreak
TRIO Boom Boom
SPARKS Beat The Clock
SPARKS When I'm With You
M Pop Muzik
DONNIE IRIS Ah! Leah!
CITY BOY 5.7.0.5.
PULP Babies
SUPERGRASS Mansize Rooster
JON SPENCER EXPLOSION Talk About The Blues
BEASTS OF BOURBON Just Right
THE LIVING END Pictures In The Mirror

TRIO Boom Boom, RARE!

Nice to have another video by Trio besides Da Da Da.

Jason 'The Moderator"
TRIO Boom Boom, RARE!

Nice to have another video by Trio besides Da Da Da.

Yeah. Coincidentally I was looking at the video for this song on the weekend, which I didn't know previously.

D@amn... those of you who watched/have seen this episode will know that program was condensed to an hour and 45 minutes, and the following videos were culled:

PHIL COLLINS I Missed Again (has never aired on rage to my knowledge and I was looking forward to it)
TONE LOC Wild Thing
TRIO Boom Boom (as for Phil Collins)
M Pop Muzik
DONNIE IRIS Ah! Leah!
CITY BOY 5.7.0.5.
PULP Babies
SUPERGRASS Mansize Rooster
JON SPENCER EXPLOSION Talk About The Blues
BEASTS OF BOURBON Just Right
THE LIVING END Pictures In The Mirror

Also, they aired WILD CHOIR feat. GAIL DAVIES Safe In the Arms of Love twice, but the second time it was captioned as being the Trio video!

I noticed that the ABC had slotted a repeat of 'Murder She Wrote' in after rage finished. What on earth were they thinking?!

Hi Nathan

And Lindsay Buckingham's Trouble.

I was looking forward to City Boy.

At Nathan, I was watching the first 45 minutes or so live and noticed a few videos were culled and I could see that this was done because of a lack of time.

I went to bed and left my recorder recording and I hoped that Trio would not be cut as it looks like it was, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I was SO looking forward to Trio and I also wanted the Phil Collins and I saw that being culled while watching live.

I have noticed on a few other occasions on Monday night specials seeing some videos culled or sometimes another video in place of the video advertised by a band or artist, arghhhhh. SO annoying

Jason 'The Moderator"
At Nathan, I was watching the first 45 minutes or so live and noticed a few videos were culled and I could see that this was done because of a lack of time.

I went to bed and left my recorder recording and I hoped that Trio would not be cut as it looks like it was, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I was SO looking forward to Trio and I also wanted the Phil Collins and I saw that being culled while watching live.

I have noticed on a few other occasions on Monday night specials seeing some videos culled or sometimes another video in place of the video advertised by a band or artist, arghhhhh. SO annoying

I think they were culled because Parliament Question Time, or an earlier program (Q&A?) went overtime. Sigh... rage always gets cut. I wouldn't have minded so much if they cut some of the common/already shown on rage in recent years clips.

The previous week's one had some extra videos added to it, like Paul Simon's 'The Boy In the Bubble'.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Hi Jason and Nathan,

Would you both like I Missed Again plus the TRIO video by any chance?

Oh great, just what we need... another 90s 'alternative' special, this time with Australian acts

Tonight on the VAULT we've got a stack of videos from 90's local legends Regurgitator, Jebediah, Spiderbait, Gerling, The Fauves, Not from There, The Mark Of Cain, Sonic Animation, Something For Kate and more. Tune in to the idiot box or hit record from 1:27 am. Playlist below.

JEBEDIAH Teflon
SCREAMFEEDER Hi C's
SIDEWINDER Titanic Days
GRINSPOON Just Ace
FRENZAL RHOMB Punch In The Face
TISM Whatareya
CUSTARD Nice Bird
THE FAUVES Dogs Are The Best People
AMMONIA Drugs
REGURGITATOR Kong Foo Sing
THE AVALANCHES Run DNA (Live on Recovery)
GERLING Death To The Apple Girls
NOT FROM THERE Juanita's Cocktail Party
SPIDERBAIT Shazam
MAGIC DIRT Ice
SILVERCHAIR Israel's Son
POWDERFINGER Pick You Up
TUMBLEWEED Hang Around
THE MEANIES Scum
THE MARK OF CAIN Degenerate Boy
HAPPYLAND Don't You Know Who I Am?
THE MAVIS'S Naughty Boy
DEF FX Psychoactive Summer
REGURGITATOR Blubber Boy
SEKIDEN Little Darlings
ESKIMO JOE Turn Up Your Stereo
AMMONIA You're Not The Only One Who Feels This Way
JEBEDIAH Harpoon
FUR Jimmy Rogers
TURNSTYLE Spray Water On The Stereo
RESIN DOGS Q-Kumbers
SONIC ANIMATION Theophilus Thistler
FRONTSIDE L.B.P.
SKUNKHOUR Weightlessness
YOU AM I Purple Sneakers
BLUEBOTTLE KISS Generic Teen
FRONT END LOADER Pulse
POLLYANNA Effervescence
SOMETHING FOR KATE Captain (Million Miles)
FINI SCAD Coppertone
LO-TEL Teenager Of The Year
GASLIGHT RADIO The Singer's A Liar
UNDERGROUND LOVERS Losin' It
DEADSTAR Deeper Water
PRIMARY Young
BEN LEE Cigarettes Will Kill You

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos from 60's & 70's legends The Kinks, The Easybeats, Procol Harum, Zoot, Cream - Band, Creedence Clearwater Revival and more. Tune in or hit record from 1:31 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

PROCOL HARUM A Whiter Shade Of A Pale
THE MOODY BLUES Nights In White Satin
SMALL FACES Itchycoo Park
THE EASYBEATS Come And See Her
THE EASYBEATS Friday On My Mind
THE EASYBEATS She's So Fine
THE KINKS Mr. Pleasant
THE KINKS Waterloo Sunset
THE HOLLIES Jennifer Eccles
THE HOLLIES Sorry Suzanne
ERIC BURDON and THE ANIMALS When I Was Wrong
THE ANIMALS Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
THE ANIMALS House Of The Rising Sun
SHOCKING BLUE Venus
AXIOM Little Ray Of Sunshine
THE MASTER'S APPRENTICES Because I Love You
ZOOT Eleanor Rigby
ZOOT Turn Your Head (Live on Hitscene, 1970)
ZOOT I'm Only Sleeping (Live on GTK, 1971)
MISSISSIPPI Kings Of The World
SPECTRUM I'll Be Gone
BLACKFEATHER Boppin' The Blues
CANNED HEAT On The Road Again
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Looking Out My Back Door
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Heard It Through The Grapevine
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Sweet Hitch Hiker
THE HOLLIES Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress
CREAM I'm So Glad
CREAM White Room (Live at The Royal Albert Hall)
FREE All Right Now
HUMBLE PIE I Don't Need No Doctor

Usually I'm complaining that the retro is too new, now it's going in the other direction!

Most people probably saw this on facebook, but here's an interesting article on Rage.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/the-secrets-of-rage-now-the-longestrunning-music-show-on-tv/news-story/64f1edc1ece9cfe31b0ee1871e014a6c

Brad
Usually I'm complaining that the retro is too new, now it's going in the other direction!

I agree. A lot of these clips I've seen on rage before; plus it pre-dates the music video era for the most part, so many of these clips will just be studio performances (often black & white). Oh well, I'm sure someone is pleased.

Tonight on the VAULT we've got classic black and white videos from the likes of Björk, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Chris Isaak, Alanis Morissette, Radiohead, LL Cool J, De La Soul and more! 1:50 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

Also don't forget to tune in for our special 'rage 30: The Story of rage' tonight at 10 pm!

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS Give It Away
FRANK BLACK Headache
EELS Novocaine For The Soul
RADIOHEAD Street Spirit
R.E.M. Man On The Moon
TOM WAITS Downtown Train
LEONARD COHEN Dance Me To The End Of Love
CHRIS ISAAK Wicked Game
KD LANG Constant Craving
U2 All I Want Is You
ALANIS MORISSETTE Hand In My Pocket
SOPHIE B. HAWKINS **** I Wish I Was Your Lover
JANET JACKSON Love Will Never Do (Without You)
BJORK Big Time Sensuality
WHITE TOWN Your Woman
FRONT 242 Headhunter
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST Electric Relaxation
DE LA SOUL Say No Go
LL COOL J Going Back To Cali
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD I'd Rather Go Blind
MALCOLM McLAREN Something's Jumping In Your Shirt

I think the Sydney Youngblood video is the only one that hasn't been aired in recent years... maybe the Alanis one too, as I think they've aired a live performance instead of the actual video. But, knowing rage lately, they'll probably air the (in colour) live performance tonight instead

The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Björk videos aired on the weekend just gone, too

Regardless of how common most of them are, there are some nice videos in there at least.

R.E.M. Man On The Moon
KD LANG Constant Craving
U2 All I Want Is You
ALANIS MORISSETTE Hand In My Pocket
SOPHIE B. HAWKINS **** I Wish I Was Your Lover
JANET JACKSON Love Will Never Do (Without You)
BJORK Big Time Sensuality
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD I'd Rather Go Blind

and particularly
MALCOLM McLAREN Something's Jumping In Your Shirt

Lo and behold, rage aired the in-colour live performance of 'Hand In My Pocket' instead of the black & white music video . Clearly no-one there checks.

ohnoitisnathan
Lo and behold, rage aired the in-colour live performance of 'Hand In My Pocket' instead of the black & white music video . Clearly no-one there checks.

Good grief

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9