Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

May I add, annoying that rage played the Elton John MELDRUM TAPES yet they have ignored the Bananarama request I have made for how mannnny years. Obviously Elton John has more cred than Bananarama, in their eyes ...[/quote]

I have all the Meldrum Tapes on DVD that i recorded when they were shown on VH1 about 10 years ago. They have the original interviews, but for some reason when the some of videos were played they were post '86 videos. Jason, i assume you would already have these?

Michael
Why don't they put Monday night playlists up on the website? I know they post on facebook, but if they put all the other nights playlists up on the website, why not Monday's?

I get the impression rage have been on 'skeletal staff' since around the time the election was announced, and still appear to be. They never comment on Facebook posts anymore, for example.

Guru Bob
Are they replacing this segment with women's soccer repeats now or am I reading the TV guide wrong?

I really hope not.

Who wants to watch (women's or men's) soccer at that hour?

Looking at next weeks' programming they are only showing the women's soccer on the Tues/Wed night - which is a repeat of their regular Sunday afternoon program.

It looks like they will only replay the Saturday afternoon soccer on the Mon/Tues night and next week there is no game broadcast in that slot so it should be back to normal vault segment.

Checking the soccer broadcast fixture it appears that the Saturday game shown last week was a one off to launch the season (although it was actually round 2 apparently). The W League season runs for 14 weeks plus 3 weeks of finals but in round 10 (Jan 1&2) there will be no broadcast game.

So it looks like we will be back to normal after tonight.

The version of Life On Mars played during December 5 hasn't been played before until now

WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only rage included the video to Breakdance by Irene Cara!

But how super duper COOL!

Shoina Lang as well!

Jason 'The Moderator"
WOW!!! All the Kim Carnes videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO RARE <3 More Love and Invisible Hands, fantastic. WOuld have loved Voyeur as well but Kim Carnes videos are not easy to obtain and there amre some RARE ones there xxxxx And Looking Over My Shoulder by Til Tuesday!!!!! How AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoina Lang as well!

I started reading the playlist from the bottom up when I first saw it, and wasn't too thrilled, but yes there is some rare stuff shown earlier on.

I wish they'd shown 'Left of Center' instead of 'Luka', though, as I don't have a watermark-free digital copy of that.

Jason 'The Moderator"

Shoina Lang as well!

Hi Jason,

If you are interested I have Voyeur from a Laser Disc. It is a great video and nice and clean if you are interested?

Thank You Nathan for uploading the rage Playlist every Monday night. I have left Facebook as I loathe Social media and don't plan to return till November when I submit Countdown requests.

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Jason 'The Moderator"

Would appreciate it if you continue pasting the Playlists for Monday nights

Sure, I plan to continue.

Next week's Tuesday morning episode is only about an hour long. No doubt they'll pick a really good theme, then

It's starting later than normal because of that W league (whatever that is) that has been airing normally on Wednesday mornings. Typical Australia - sport trumps everything else

Interesting, only 1 hour long. Perfect to play the Countdown episode from 11/04/1982 in that hour. But according to them, they don't have time in their upcoming programming. Fools

Michael, I did record some of The Meldrum Tapes from VH! when they were played on Foxtel in 2007/2008.

I remember Bananarama/Pseudo Echo was advertised but when i went to record it, I don'
t think it got played.

Do you have the Bananarama and Pseudo Echo Meldrum Tapes from VH1?

If you do have the Bananarama Meldrum Tapes in particular, I would DIE for a copy!!!!!!!! Please???

VH1 butchered the meldrum tapes

Jason 'The Moderator"
Michael, I did record some of The Meldrum Tapes from VH! when they were played on Foxtel in 2007/2008.

I remember Bananarama/Pseudo Echo was advertised but when i went to record it, I don'
t think it got played.

Do you have the Bananarama and Pseudo Echo Meldrum Tapes from VH1?

If you do have the Bananarama Meldrum Tapes in particular, I would DIE for a copy!!!!!!!! Please???

I've got a VHS-source copy (from the original airing), which is the one I uploaded to YouTube.

Tonight is a Jamiroquai special, from 3:32am:

JAMIROQUAI Cosmic Girl
JAMIROQUAI You Give Me Something
JAMIROQUAI Space Cowboy
JAMIROQUAI Alright
JAMIROQUAI Virtual Insanity
JAMIROQUAI Supersonic
JAMIROQUAI Love Foolosophy
JAMIROQUAI Corner Of The Earth
JAMIROQUAI Deeper Underground
JAMIROQUAI Too Young To Die
JAMIROQUAI Canned Heat
JAMIROQUAI When You Gonna Learn?
JAMIROQUAI Half The Man
JAMIROQUAI Seven Days
JAMIROQUAI Little L

Booooring

Sorry Jason, just checked out my Meldrum Tapes on disc and i don't have Bananarama or Pseudo Echo either. Now when i think of it, i do remember VH1 not playing those. You might have to take up Nathan's YouTube upload!

That's okay Michael,

I didn't think VH1 played THE MELDRUM TAPES on Bananarama and Pseudo Echo as they were the ones I wanted most.

A guy contacted me from reading my post here on my Forum about the Bananarama 'Meldrum Tapes' and has put an original VHS copy onto DVD for me!

YAAAAAY!

Well done. 😃

Cosy up with the VAULT tonight to the smooth sounds of Sade, The Family Stand, Style Council, UB40, Bobby Womack, Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly, Alexander O’Neal and more. Tune in or set record from 3:19 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

T'PAU Heart And Soul
NU SHOOZ Should I Say Yes?
THE SYSTEM Don't Disturb This Groove
BABYFACE It's No Crime
NONA HENDRYX Why Should I Cry?
REGINA BELLE Baby Come To Me
THE FAMILY STAND Sweet Liberation
ALEXANDER O'NEAL Fake
JILL JONES Mia Bocca
SADE Love Is Stronger Than Pride
SADE Sweetest Taboo
SADE Nothing Can Come Between Us
SADE Hang On To Your Love
WOMACK & WOMACK Celebrate The World
STYLE COUNCIL You're The Best Thing (Live)
UB40 Please Don't Make Me Cry
ZIGGY MARLEY & THE MELODY MAKERS Tomorrow's People
BOBBY WOMACK I Wish He Didn't Trust Me So Much
BOBBY WOMACK Living In A Box
B.B. KING Into The Night
MAZE feat. FRANKIE BEVERLY Silky Soul
GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS Love Overboard
LIONEL RICHIE Running With The Night
THE POINTER SISTERS Freedom
THE POINTER SISTERS Twist My Arm
THE POINTER SISTERS Goldmine
POWER STATION Some Like It Hot
ROBERT PALMER Didn't Mean To Turn You On
ROBERT PALMER Sweet Lies

I assume the 'theme' is 'smooth' adult-oriented music?

ohnoitisnathan
Cosy up with the VAULT tonight to the smooth sounds of Sade, The Family Stand, Style Council, UB40, Bobby Womack, Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly, Alexander O’Neal and more. Tune in or set record from 3:19 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

T'PAU Heart And Soul
NU SHOOZ Should I Say Yes?
THE SYSTEM Don't Disturb This Groove
BABYFACE It's No Crime
NONA HENDRYX Why Should I Cry?
REGINA BELLE Baby Come To Me
THE FAMILY STAND Sweet Liberation
ALEXANDER O'NEAL Fake
JILL JONES Mia Bocca
SADE Love Is Stronger Than Pride
SADE Sweetest Taboo
SADE Nothing Can Come Between Us
SADE Hang On To Your Love
WOMACK & WOMACK Celebrate The World
STYLE COUNCIL You're The Best Thing (Live)
UB40 Please Don't Make Me Cry
ZIGGY MARLEY & THE MELODY MAKERS Tomorrow's People
BOBBY WOMACK I Wish He Didn't Trust Me So Much
BOBBY WOMACK Living In A Box
B.B. KING Into The Night
MAZE feat. FRANKIE BEVERLY Silky Soul
GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS Love Overboard
LIONEL RICHIE Running With The Night
THE POINTER SISTERS Freedom
THE POINTER SISTERS Twist My Arm
THE POINTER SISTERS Goldmine
POWER STATION Some Like It Hot
ROBERT PALMER Didn't Mean To Turn You On
ROBERT PALMER Sweet Lies

I assume the 'theme' is 'smooth' adult-oriented music?

It's hard to discern much of a theme there, but as it's all eighties there's a lot I like there, including some rareties. It's a bit of a bland playlist if watched all at once, but there are some great elements, such as T'Pau, the Pointer Sisters, Nona Hendryx, and what surely must be rare videos by Nu Shooz, Jill Jones and Regina Belle. I would say it's a smooth soul/r&b playlist, but then what the hell are UB40, Style Council or T'Pau doing there?

How FABULOUS!!!!!

The Nu Shooz video for If I Say yes is RARE and Nona Hendryx with Why SHould i Cry * WOW * A FAV!

The System is also a GEM

3:19 am?

It says 1:30 in my TV guide on Foxtel

Jason 'The Moderator"
3:19 am?

It says 1:30 in my TV guide on Foxtel

I would go with what your TV guide says over what rage post. Last week the show started earlier than the time rage states on the facebook post. It had the correct earlier time on the electronic TV guide from memory.

yourtv.com.au have rage airing from 1:31am to 3:30am.

edit - they have since corrected the time on the facebook post:

from 1:31 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

*Edit: This post originally listed 3:19 am as the starting time*

Okay, as I checked my IQ guide and my DVD Recorder guide and they say 1:30 am.

rage can't even get times right, what are they doing ...

I always miss the good specials. Oh well, at least the gems they dragged out of the vault will now at least get another play sometime soon. Wish they played this sort of stuff Saturday mornings in January.

Michael
I always miss the good specials. Oh well, at least the gems they dragged out of the vault will now at least get another play sometime soon. Wish they played this sort of stuff Saturday mornings in January.

Michael, I can copy you what I kept (which is most of it) from last week's Vault special if you want. I emailed you but am not sure you received it.

Tonight's episode:

Tonight on the VAULT we've got videos by All Saints, *NSYNC, Destiny's Child​, Spice Girls​, East 17​, All-4-One​, En Vogue​, TLC, 5ive​, B*Witched, S Club 7​ and more! Tune in or set record from 1:28 am. Playlist below.

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK You Got It (The Right Stuff)
BACKSTREET BOYS Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
N'SYNC I Want You Back
SPICE GIRLS Say You'll Be There
ALL SAINTS Pure Shores
SUGABABES Overload
DESTINY'S CHILD Say My Name
BLAQUE IVORY 808
DREAM He Loves U Not
BARDOT Poison
SCANDAL'US Me, Myself and I
CDB Let's Groove
GIRLFRIEND Take It From Me
TLC Creep
EN VOGUE Hold On
ETERNAL Stay
BOYZ II MEN End Of The Road
ALL 4 ONE I Swear
COLOR ME BADD I Wanna Sex You Up
EAST 17 It's Alright
TAKE THAT Pray
FIVE If Ya' Getting Down
BLUE All Rise
MIS-TEEQ Scandalous
LIBERTY X Just A Little
ATOMIC KITTEN Whole Again
B*WITCHED Rollercoaster
S CLUB 7 S Club Party
STEPS 5 6 7 8
WESTLIFE If I Let You Go
BOYZONE No Matter What

Long time reader - first time posting. I'm keen to contribute to all things Countdown, Rage, 80s, 70s and classic. Is it me, or has the Vault Monday night specials been a bit hopeless lately? 90s doesn't fall into the 'vault' section, for me.

RetroTragic
Long time reader - first time posting. I'm keen to contribute to all things Countdown, Rage, 80s, 70s and classic. Is it me, or has the Vault Monday night specials been a bit hopeless lately? 90s doesn't fall into the 'vault' section, for me.

I think this morning's episode happened because there were some people asking on the facebook page last week where the B*Witched/East 17/Atomic Kitten etc. special was, as they recently toured here on a joint tour.

Even though it's 17+ years ago, late 90s/early 00s doesn't seem very 'retro' to me either... but I guess it is now.

I don't think the current rage programmers know much about 90s dance music though, as the 90s dance playlists they had last year were predominantly late 90s stuff, which isn't as good as early and mid 90s dance was, to me.

I thought last week's Vault episode though was the best one in a while. This year though, generally, they haven't been that good though so far.

Last weeks VAULT special with the 80s Soul/Funk material from Nu Shooz, The System, Pointer Sisters, Nona Hendryx e.t.c... has been the best thing since 'Retro Month' in January finished.

Hi Nathan, sorry about the late reply. I did see your message in my inbox also. I would very much like the playlist from 13 Feb, but mainly the rare vids - ie Regina Belle, Nu Shooz, The one or two from the Pointer Sisters, the rare Robert Palmer one, rare Sade one, Celebrate The World. If it is easier to do, just burn the whole lot. Also did you record the one on Tuesday? I'm a tragic for late 90's/early 2000's pop. Mainly because this was when I started watching Top Of The Pops on UKTV on Foxtel. Got to discover all the UK hits before they became hits here and then started buying all those 'Now That's What I Call Music...' double CD's. Those were the days!

Michael
Hi Nathan, sorry about the late reply. I did see your message in my inbox also. I would very much like the playlist from 13 Feb, but mainly the rare vids - ie Regina Belle, Nu Shooz, The one or two from the Pointer Sisters, the rare Robert Palmer one, rare Sade one, Celebrate The World. If it is easier to do, just burn the whole lot. Also did you record the one on Tuesday? I'm a tragic for late 90's/early 2000's pop. Mainly because this was when I started watching Top Of The Pops on UKTV on Foxtel. Got to discover all the UK hits before they became hits here and then started buying all those 'Now That's What I Call Music...' double CD's. Those were the days!

I now back up my discs as individual video files on external hard drives, so can make a disc with only the clips you want just as easily as copying a whole disc. I kept a few things from last week. Probably best I email you a list.

Waiting for rage to post tonight's Vault playlist....

Not one for Jason tonight

rage
3 mins ·

We're bossin' it up on the VAULT tonight with back to back videos from Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band. Tune in or set record from 1:31 am on ABC TV.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Dancing In The Dark
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Brilliant Disguise
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Hungry Heart
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN The Streets Of Philadelphia
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Glory Days
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN One Step Up
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN I'm On Fire
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Tunnel of Love
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E-STREET BAND Born To Run
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Secret Garden
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Atlantic City
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN The River
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Fire
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Born In The USA
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Rosalita
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and THE E-STREET BAND War
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Radio Nowhere
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Lonesome Day
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Devils and Dust
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN My City Of Ruins
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN The Wrestler

ohnoitisnathan
Not one for Jason tonight
We're bossin' it up on the VAULT tonight with back to back videos from Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band. Tune in or set record from 1:31 am on ABC TV.

rage hasn't played Lonesome Day for 15 years, so that's something.

They also played the ultra-rare clip for "The Rising" just before The Wrestler, and this wasn't listed in the playlist. There are some people who reckon Bruce never made an official clip for The Rising and hence the provenance of this clip is unknown.

The one and only previous airing of this clip was on rage on 20 Dec 2003, some 18 months after the song was released, which adds to the mystery. The doubters argue that if it was an official clip, why was it not released with the song, or very soon after?

The clip looks official - it's certainly professionally made - but who made it and whether it is officially sanctioned is a bit of a mystery.

Has anybody who were the fans of Bardot? Bardot is an Australian girl band and pop group from the early 2000s.
For more information, try Wikipedia.

At Nathan,

Ughhhhh ... Bruce Springsteen. I did not record the special.

As Boy George once said 'I'd be dancing in the dark as well, if I looked like that'

Funny comment. I am enjoying watching Boy George on Arnie's Celebrity Apprentice and will be interesting to see him as a judge on this years The Voice Australia.

I like Bruce Springsteen. Like all his singles, but never got into his albums - except for 'Born In The USA'. I bought his video compilations DVD about 5 years ago, so passed on this special. I know there were one or two tracks rage showed that were not on the DVD, but wasn't too phased. I used to hate 'Human Touch' the single released in mid '92, but absolutely love it now turned up nice and loud. Actually a lot of songs from the 90's that I hated in the day, I have grown to love and have appreciation for.

Michael
Actually a lot of songs from the 90's that I hated in the day, I have grown to love and have appreciation for.

I think as new music gets worse and worse, old music you weren't so fond of initially starts sounding better and better.

The coming week's Tuesday morning episode is 3 hours long, so hopefully it will be something good.

Beastie Boys special tonight

We've got a huge serve of Beastie Boys videos coming up on the VAULT tonight. Tune in or hit record from 1:23 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

BEASTIE BOYS Intergalactic
BEASTIE BOYS Jimmy James
BEASTIE BOYS Hey Ladies
BEASTIE BOYS Sure Shot
BEASTIE BOYS Alive
BEASTIE BOYS Gratitude
BEASTIE BOYS Shake Your Rump
BEASTIE BOYS Something's Got To Give
BEASTIE BOYS Root Down
BEASTIE BOYS So What'cha Want
BEASTIE BOYS Egg Raid On Mojo
BEASTIE BOYS Body Movin'
BEASTIE BOYS Super Disco Breakin'
BEASTIE BOYS Sabotage
BEASTIE BOYS Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun
BEASTIE BOYS Three Mc's and One DJ
BEASTIE BOYS Netty's Girl
BEASTIE BOYS Shadrach
BEASTIE BOYS Pass The Mic
BEASTIE BOYS No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn
BEASTIE BOYS Ch-Check It Out
BEASTIE BOYS This Time It's Serious Special
BEASTIE BOYS Root Down (Live at Tibetan Freedom Concert)
BEASTIE BOYS Ricky's Theme
BEASTIE BOYS feat. CYPRESS HILL So What'cha Want (Remix)
BEASTIE BOYS Sure Shot (Live)
BEASTIE BOYS She's On It
BEASTIE BOYS Holy Snappers
BEASTIE BOYS Fight For Your Right (To Party)
BEASTIE BOYS She's Crafty
BEASTIE BOYS An Open Letter To NYC
BEASTIE BOYS The Rat Cage
BEASTIE BOYS Triple Trouble
BEASTIE BOYS Off The Grid
BEASTIE BOYS feat. SANTIGOLD Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win
BEASTIE BOYS Fight For Your Right (Revisited)

GOOD GRIEF!

How to waste a Vault special.

I try not to be cynical, but it seems like they are gravitating back to a triple-J type playlist, with only a token nod to the more fun kind of retro.

I think that artist specials should be confined to Saturday nights, and are a waste of the Vault format.

Brad
I think that artist specials should be confined to Saturday nights, and are a waste of the Vault format.

I disagree. I think artist specials are perfect for the Vault format PROVIDED they are a "Vault" artist, i.e. long disbanded / no longer making music, and especially if they are unlikely to ever get a special of their own in the Saturday programme, e.g. have less than 10 videos total or not particularly well known. This is the perfect place to put them.

We've had Tue morning Vault for well over 1 year now, well over 60 Vault shows, and only 4 or 5 artist specials in that time. A lot of the "theme" Vault shows were a bit try-hard or showed clips that got aired fairly often. We had a run of hip-hop/rap/soul Vaults mid last year that got annoying.

We've also had a handful of spectacular Vault shows with great rare clips! Those nuggets are really worth waiting for.

Beastie Boys... well I'll give this one a miss but I'm sure there will be some people out there who are overjoyed at this. They can have their time in the sun as long as they give me mine when a Vault show that I love (but they hate) comes around.

As always, each to their own.

Brad
it seems like they are gravitating back to a triple-J type playlist, with only a token nod to the more fun kind of retro.

Totally agree with you. It'd be different if they had specials on artists they don't normally/rarely play, but no, we get Beastie Boys, and Nirvana the weekend before last on Saturday morning What next, a Nick Cave Vault episode?

But I do prefer mixed artists with a theme (or no theme), generally.

Beastie Boys, ughhhh. How typically 90s triple J ...

For such VAULT Specials, if they are going to do artists and bands do non typical bands and artists, I mean really. There are MILLIONS to chose from!!!!!!!!

More 'alternative' stuff tonight...

Tonight on the VAULT Lush, Modern English, Cocteau Twins, Bauhaus, Throwing Muses, Breeders, Frank Black, Thievery Corporation, Mojave 3 and more. Tune in or hit record from 1:30 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY Nick The Stripper
BAUHAUS Ziggy Stardust
BAUHAUS Mask
MODERN ENGLISH Hands Across The Sea
MODERN ENGLISH I Melt With You
MODERN ENGLISH Ink And Paper
COCTEAU TWINS Love's Easy Tears
COCTEAU TWINS Pearly Dew Drops' Drops
COCTEAU TWINS Crushed
COCTEAU TWINS Heaven Or Las Vegas
DEAD CAN DANCE Frontier
DEAD CAN DANCE The Carnival Is Over
THIS MORTAL COIL Acid, Bitter and Sad
THIS MORTAL COIL Kangaroo
LUSH For Love
LUSH Sweetness and Light
LUSH De-Luxe
LUSH Ladykillers
THE WOLFGANG PRESS A Girl Like You
THAT DOG He's Kissing Christian
THAT DOG Old Timer
THROWING MUSES Bright Yellow Gun
THROWING MUSES Dizzy
THROWING MUSES Fish
BELLY Feed The Tree
BELLY Superconnected
TANYA DONELLY Pretty Deep
THE BREEDERS Saints
THE BREEDERS Cannonball
THE AMPS Tipp City
THE PIXIES Here Comes Your Man
THE PIXIES Velouria
FRANK BLACK Men In Black
FRANK BLACK Hang On To Your Ego
LISA GERMANO Puppet
HEIDI BERRY Up In The Air
HIS NAME IS ALIVE Can't Always Be Loved
GUS GUS Polyesterday
GUS GUS Believe
CUBA Black Island
THIEVERY CORPORATION Richest Man In Babylon
THIEVERY CORPORATION Shadows Of Ourselves
THIEVERY CORPORATION Lebanese Blonde
MOJAVE 3 Love Songs On The Radio
MOJAVE 3 Some Kinda Angel
KRISTIN HERSH A Loon
KRISTIN HERSH Echo
TARNATION Your Thoughts and Mine

ohnoitisnathan
More 'alternative' stuff tonight...

I'm not complaining... there's a few clips in there I have been after for more than 15 YEARS!!!

ohnoitisnathan
Tune in or hit record from 1:30 am on ABC TV.

Interesting that they are openly inviting people to record rage now... I mean we know everyone does it, but TV stations usually haven't encouraged it openly.

Clip Magnet

I'm not complaining... there's a few clips in there I have been after for more than 15 YEARS!!!

Interesting that they are openly inviting people to record rage now... I mean we know everyone does it, but TV stations usually haven't encouraged it openly.

There was some OK stuff in the playlist, but the point was that they love any excuse to have an 'alternative' playlist.

It's now legal to timeshift a broadcasted program once, I believe. I remember reading something about a change in the Copyright Act a few years ago. But yes, like we haven't been doing this all along

I think rage post that there since many people in the past have complained that a Monday night Vault episode they want to see is 'on a school night', and/or the starting time is way too late. Not that it helps - most of these people don't seem to own recorders.

On the VAULT tonight videos by Paul Simon, Ric Ocasek, Daryl Hall, Michael McDonald, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Roger Waters and more. 1:54 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ROBERT PLANT In The Mood
ROBERT PLANT Big Log
DONALD FAGEN New Frontier
RIC OCASEK True To You
RIC OCASEK Something To Grab For
RIC OCASEK Emotion In Motion
PAUL SIMON Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard
PAUL SIMON The Obvious Child
PAUL SIMON Diamonds On the Soles of Her Feet
ART GARFUNKEL A Heart In New York
ROBIN GIBB Secret Agent
ROBIN GIBB Another Lonely Night In New Yotk
ANDY GIBB I Just Wanna Be Your Everything
MICHAEL MCDONALD Take It To Heart
MICHAEL MCDONALD Tear It Up
DARYL HALL I Wasn't Born Yesterday
DARYL HALL Dreamtime
CLARENCE CLEMONS A Womans Got the Power
DAVID LEE ROTH Just A Gigilo/I Ain't Got Nobody
STEVE WINWOOD Higher Love
ERIC CLAPTON It's In the Way You Use It
ROGER WATERS Pros and Cons of Hitchiking
ROGER WATERS Hello (I Love You)
PETE TOWNSEND Rough Boys
JOHN FOGERTY Change In The Weather
JOHN FOGERTY Eye of the Zombie
ACE FREHLEY Into the Night
JOAN JETT and THE BLACK HEARTS Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
JIMMY PAGE Wasting My Time
ROBERT PLANT Burning Down One Side
ROBERT PLANT Heaven Knows
DAVE STEWART and BARBARA GASKIN The Locomotion
ANNIE LENNOX No More I Love You's
JANE WIEDLIN Rush Hour
PETER MURPHY Cuts You Up

I assume the theme is band members going solo?

ohnoitisnathan
On the VAULT tonight videos by Paul Simon, Ric Ocasek, Daryl Hall, Michael McDonald, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Roger Waters and more. 1:54 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ROBERT PLANT In The Mood
ROBERT PLANT Big Log
DONALD FAGEN New Frontier
RIC OCASEK True To You
RIC OCASEK Something To Grab For
RIC OCASEK Emotion In Motion
PAUL SIMON Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard
PAUL SIMON The Obvious Child
PAUL SIMON Diamonds On the Soles of Her Feet
ART GARFUNKEL A Heart In New York
ROBIN GIBB Secret Agent
ROBIN GIBB Another Lonely Night In New Yotk
ANDY GIBB I Just Wanna Be Your Everything
MICHAEL MCDONALD Take It To Heart
MICHAEL MCDONALD Tear It Up
DARYL HALL I Wasn't Born Yesterday
DARYL HALL Dreamtime
CLARENCE CLEMONS A Womans Got the Power
DAVID LEE ROTH Just A Gigilo/I Ain't Got Nobody
STEVE WINWOOD Higher Love
ROGER WATERS Pros and Cons of Hitchiking
ROGER WATERS Hello (I Love You)
PETE TOWNSEND Rough Boys
JOHN FOGERTY Change In The Weather
JOHN FOGERTY Eye of the Zombie
ACE FREHLEY Into the Night
JOAN JETT and THE BLACK HEARTS Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
JIMMY PAGE Wasting My Time
ROBERT PLANT Burning Down One Side
ROBERT PLANT Heaven Knows
DAVE STEWART and BARBARA GASKIN The Locomotion
ANNIE LENNOX No More I Love You's
JANE WIEDLIN Rush Hour
PETER MURPHY Cuts You Up

I assume the theme is band members going solo?

That's a good guess, though I don't know how Joan Jett & The Blackhearts fits in.

If that is the theme, then they seem to think that is the Dave Stewart from Eurythmics (it's a different one).

There's a few rare videos I wanted, so no complaints from me, other than they could have thrown a few more females in.

Brad

That's a good guess, though I don't know how Joan Jett & The Blackhearts fits in.

If that is the theme, then they seem to think that is the Dave Stewart from Eurythmics (it's a different one).

There's a few rare videos I wanted, so no complaints from me, other than they could have thrown a few more females in.

Joan Jett was in the Runaways, but yes, it doesn't quite fit with 'The Blackhearts' also being part of her 'solo' act.

They also aired some videos by that Dave Stewart after the Eurythmics one guest programmed in 2012. How funny.

Someone else noted the lack of female artists on the facebook page; it's only 4 with female singers out of 36, they said. Typical rage.

Holy f@#k, 'Rush Hour' by Jane Wiedlin. Criminal that it wasn't a Top 10 hit here like in the US. I remember seeing the video the first time and last time on The Factory back in the day.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10