Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage playing wrong 1982 episode right now!!!!!!!!

Was looking forward to seeing the Starstruck episode. This is disappointing.

I hope they can be talked into showing that April 11 episode during the week in one of their repeat slots.

Absolutely, the right episode can't be that hard to be played on ABC ME on a Thursday either this week or next week. I am calling rage on Monday via phone

Bummer. have the Jo Kennedy episode on TC but a clean episode would have been nice.

I have the Jo Kennedy on timer code as well but I may as well not have it at all as watching it is nearly impossible. The tape transfer is simply crap, sound cut outs and jumps every few seconds. I REALLY was excited about the episode being played.

I can't see how difficult it is to pick the right tape to play! ... rage obviously don't check the episodes before they go out to air unless they have no idea who Duran Duran is and Jo Kennedy!

Though, the episode with Jo Kennedy hosting is in such bad shape on our timer code that maybe it isn't just the tape transfer we got. Maybe the episode on their end is also just as damaged. But if that is the case then rage should have checked it first before advertising it. Who knows ... If their copy is just as damaged as out 'timer code' copy that will be really sad, as it's such a DYNAMIC episode and I was really looking forward and hoping it would be a repaired copy

Guru Bob

I hope they can be talked into showing that April 11 episode during the week in one of their repeat slots.

It would be nice if they do, but I wouldn't count on it. Rage seem very 'set', generally, with the format of their ABC ME repeats.

The best chance of it happening would be the Wednesday morning (what they call Tuesday night) ABC show, which repeats part of Saturday night's guest programmer/special. Except this week, and for the last few weeks, there has been no ABC Wednesday morning program; instead, the 'W-League' (whatever that is, some sport thing) is shown instead.

ohnoitisnathan
Guru Bob

It would be nice if they do, but I wouldn't count on it. Rage seem very 'set', generally, with the format of their ABC ME repeats.

The best chance of it happening would be the Wednesday morning (what they call Tuesday night) ABC show, which repeats part of Saturday night's guest programmer/special. Except this week, and for the last few weeks, there has been no ABC Wednesday morning program; instead, the 'W-League' (whatever that is, some sport thing) is shown instead.

I may be wrong, my memory often plays tricks on me, but wasn't there a Countdown episode cut for some reason a few years back and then shown during the week after people petitioned Rage on Facebook or was it the old messageboard.

Guru Bob
ohnoitisnathan
Guru Bob

I may be wrong, my memory often plays tricks on me, but wasn't there a Countdown episode cut for some reason a few years back and then shown during the week after people petitioned Rage on Facebook or was it the old messageboard.

Yes, that was in February 2015 from memory.

I think the difference was, then, though that rage aired retro month content right up until the end of the show at 7am that night (see http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4171428.htm), and the 5-6 and 6-7 Sunday morning segments get repeated on ABC ME Tuesday and Wednesday night respectively, anyway. So they would have aired that Countdown episode then regardless of any petitioning.

Its only last year and this year rage have felt obliged to keep their usual 5-6am repeat Saturday morning Vault segment, 6-7am repeated new release videos format during retro month

ohnoitisnathan
Guru Bob
ohnoitisnathan
Guru Bob

Yes, that was in February 2015 from memory.

I think the difference was, then, though that rage aired retro month content right up until the end of the show at 7am that night (see http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4171428.htm), and the 5-6 and 6-7 Sunday morning segments get repeated on ABC ME Tuesday and Wednesday night respectively, anyway. So they would have aired that Countdown episode then regardless of any petitioning.

Its only last year and this year rage have felt obliged to keep their usual 5-6am repeat Saturday morning Vault segment, 6-7am repeated new release videos format during retro month

Well, in that case I hope Jason has success with his phone call. I can't imagine they will cancel their W-League (women's soccer) replay but hope it could fit in somewhere.

Jason 'The Moderator"
Who knows ... If their copy is just as damaged as out 'timer code' copy that will be really sad, as it's such a DYNAMIC episode and I was really looking forward and hoping it would be a repaired copy

I really hope that's not the case You would think they would be pre checked to see if they are in a proper condition to air

Guru Bob
ohnoitisnathan
Guru Bob

Was a 1986 episode that was aired mid week IIRC

Gary

Was a 1986 episode that was aired mid week IIRC

Close, it was 1987.

Well I will be calling rage tomorrow, they used to put me through so I will try.

What rage played was 323 (1) it seems ... So both shows have the same show number as there doesn't seem to be a show 324.

It is interesting as Show 322 which was played on a Sunday was 04/04/1982

Year:1982
Date:04/04/1982
Show no:322
Summary: THERE IS AN INTERVIEW WITH TOYAH AND GUEST HOST IS JON ENGLISH.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
JON ENGLISH 'BEATING THE BOARDS'
LITTLE HEROES 'ONE PERFECT DAY'
PINK FLAMINGOS 'IS THAT THE WAY'
PREFECTS 'I WANNA MAKE LOVE'
LOCAL ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
COLD CHISEL 'FOREVER NOW'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
GO GO'S 'WE GOT THE BEAT'
HAIRCUT 100 'LOVE PLUS ONE'
LEO SAYER 'HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE'
PRINCE 'CONTROVERSY'
JOAN JETT 'I LOVE ROCK N ROLL'
CHARTBUSTERS:
ELTON JOHN 'BLUE EYES'
HUMDRUM ITEMS:
XTC 'SENSES WORKING OVERTIME'
SISTER SLEDGE 'MY GUY'
HUMAN LEAGUE 'DON'T YOU WANT ME'
VISAGE 'THE ****ED DON'T CRY'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
SOFT CELL 'TAINTED LOVE'
PETE SHELLEY 'HOMOSAPIEN'
CLIFF RICHARD 'DADDY'S HOME'
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN 'MAKE A MOVE ON ME'
DEPECHE MODE 'JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH'
QUATERFLASH 'HARDEN MY HEART'
ROD STEWART 'YOUNG TURKS'
SHAKIN STEVENS 'OH JULIE'
J GEILS BAND 'CENTREFOLD'

So Show 323 on 11th should be Jo Kennedy.....

The episode that was supposed to be aired would have been played on Sunday 11th April, 1982. And the Duran Duran & Molly episode would have been played on Saturday 17th April, 1982 in order to play the Rock Awards on Sunday 18th April, 1982. So that is why Countdown would have gone to air on a Saturday instead of Sunday with the Duran episode.... Why it wasn't titled Show 324 and 323 (1) I don't know ... And why both Jo Kennedy and Duran are recorded at 17/04/1982 I don't know