Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Retro playlist 21 Jan 2017

I'm for that as long as it's played at 5am! 😂

Yes, instead of rage wasting 2 hours every Sunday morning from 5 - 7, they could fill up more time with Retro and they can play all the s h i t t y GTK's/ Hitscenes they want in that time

rage actually haven't played any GTK this January, yet they advertised it as part of 'rage goes retro' ... I hope no GTK is shown this Saturday night, being the last Saturday of retro month

I also hope no Rock Arena either, I want 5 Countdown's in a row!

The Saturday morning Countdown is being repeated now on ABC ME (formerly ABC3).

Mohntana
I would be happy if we saw any 70s music shows not just countdown ie GTK or Flashez

Yeah we need some 70's - I intend to nag Rage until we get a Flashez marathon! Seriously though I'd like at least a few each week similar to 2007-2010

There are not enough Flashez episodes to have a Flashez marathon. rage have played all Flashez episodes they have minus what I think may be 2 episodes. SO a 2 episode marathon sounds at least possible

I meant the inserts from the full episodes (hundreds of them in the archives) Would also be nice to see the remaining full episodes.

It looks like the abc ABC maintaining four Countdowns per week. In week one we got five to precompensate for week two that had three. In week three they ran a Saturday morning slot.
Let's hope Triple J's Hottest 100 stays on a Friday night Like last year. In most cases Rage on Friday nights are a non event for mine.

All the Flashez inserts would be FABULOUS!

Jason 'The Moderator"
Yes, instead of rage wasting 2 hours every Sunday morning from 5 - 7, they could fill up more time with Retro and they can play all the s h i t t y GTK's/ Hitscenes they want in that time

rage actually haven't played any GTK this January, yet they advertised it as part of 'rage goes retro' ... I hope no GTK is shown this Saturday night, being the last Saturday of retro month

I also hope no Rock Arena either, I want 5 Countdown's in a row!

aw come on now GTK/Hitscene have some great music from the 60/70s. Nostalgic, and obscure featuring some awesome artists from that period. I even saw a clip of the Valentines with a very young Bon Scott. I have never seen that before.

Sorry, but I LOATHE GTK and Hitscene. Utterly awful ....

UK's Top Of The Pops had heaven like The Sweet, Bowie etc and we had awful stuff in the early 70s in Australia.

I never record GTK and Hitscenes, I have kept the odd thing from them but it's all about Countdown for moi

And I am not a Bon Scott fan either