Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: At Clip Magnet regarding Rock Arena, 1986 (THE THE)

ohnoitisnathan
I liked it, too, but wish they hadn't put the Rock Arena credits over the last video. It was good of rage to only put the rage logo and superscript over the sections where he was being interviewed.

In past retro months it seemed that the rage logo and episode titles were almost *deliberately* placed on top of any clips contained within the programme. But in last year's retro and this year's it almost seems the opposite - they seem to have generally put them over the talking head bits. Not always (e.g. titles at the start and near the end of any programme are normal) but mostly they've avoided the clips.

Am I imagining things or have others noticed this? If so, a very welcome development

Jason 'The Moderator"
As much as I hated the 1988 Rock Arena I must thank you for requesting the Rock Arena with the feature on The The which rage played last night.

Why thank you you are welcome . It was pretty cool wasn't it?

And the clips they played from "Infected" were the 'standalone' versions which are extremely rare. On the longform VHS that was released many years ago (and after this Rock Arena was aired), the clips were overlapped a bit.

I appreciated the placing of the Rage subtitles this week too. The Mi-Sex clip on the 1984 episode was title-free, and they placed one very neatly in between 'Haunt You' by Do Re Mi and the two great Prefab Sprout clips on Rock Arena. I also enjoyed the The The special more than I thought I would. I always forget how great 'Heartland' is, and 'Infected' too.

Clip Magnet

Am I imagining things or have others noticed this? If so, a very welcome development

If I noticed it last year, I had forgotten. But I definitely noticed it this weekend just gone.

I thought in the past that the superscripts came on at set intervals, like every 10 minutes.

Other than 'Slow Train to Dawn', were there other videos from the 'Infected' video album that weren't aired as part of the Rock Arena episode? I could look it up, but I'm being lazy...

ohnoitisnathan
I thought in the past that the superscripts came on at set intervals, like every 10 minutes.

I think that's how they used to do it, but now they seem to make an effort to put the supers on at 'appropriate' times.

ohnoitisnathan
Other than 'Slow Train to Dawn', were there other videos from the 'Infected' video album that weren't aired as part of the Rock Arena episode? I could look it up, but I'm being lazy...

No, that was the only one not shown.