Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage goes retro 2 FULL DETALIS * Saturday 14th January, 2016

Nice critiques Jason. 1982 eps are amazing. I want that hosting couch and Countdown sign in my lounge room! Watching last night, reminded me of all the artists that have passed away the past 5 years. How spoilt were we in the 90's when rage only showed Countdowns all night/morning and all those artists were alive and kicking. Yes, the Cyndi episode from March '84 is great. Always great too when the hosts finish the show with their No.1. Toni Basil also comes to mind. Although all played, for me, 1979 episodes are the golden year of Countdown.

Jason 'The Moderator"
Did you not see the Cyndi Lauper Countdown episode from 1984?

One of the best Countdown episodes, I don't know why the very same performance of Time After Time jumps on the Eurogliders episode when it was just shortly after the very Cyndi Lauper hosted episode, go figure ...

I saw it when it aired around 2002-3 from memory (could be wrong), but back then was recording rage on VHS and usually didn't keep anything from retro month.

edit - just checked, and that episode was shown in 2002.

1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1984 is the golden era of Countdown for me but especially 1980, 1981 and 1982, sighhhhhhh

The Cyndi Lauper hosted episode with Molly from March 1984 is one of my very favourite episodes of Countdown from 1984. I had it previously in the 90s on Timer Code from a friend of mine, who's sister worked at the ABC. I wish she still worked there!

It was great though when rage actually played the episode in 2002