Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rage Goes Retro Week 2

It's up now.

3 Countdown's (including a 1984 Eurogliders episode that I used to request) and 2 Rock Arena's.

11:30pm

COUNTDOWN November 2nd, 1980 (264: Wilbur Wilde) ()
COUNTDOWN November 7th, 1982 (352: Errol Brown) ()
HOT CHOCOLATE Tears On The Telephone (RAK)
COUNTDOWN June 3rd, 1984 (419: Eurogliders) ()
EUROGLIDERS Without You (Independent)
ROCK ARENA December 1st, 1986 ()
ROCK ARENA May 3rd, 1988 ()

Jason will no doubt upload the Countdown information. I don't know what is on the Dec 1 1986 episode but the other one is as follows

May 3 1988
THIS WEEKS SHOW IS HOSTED BY SUZANNE DOWLING WHO INTRODUCES VIDEOS FROM DO RE MI, JIMMY BARNES, PREFAB SPROUT. THE SPECIAL FEATURE OF THIS WEEKS PROGRAM 'THE ROAD TO NEW ORLEANS'(22.42) WHICH IS HOSTED AND WRITTEN BY JULES HOLLAND FROM THE U.K BAND THE SQUEEZE. THE SHOW OPENS WITH STING SITTING IN A TRAIN TUNNEL SINGING A SONG(23.17),THEN FOLLOWS JULES HOLLAND AS HE BUYS A CAR AND BEGINS THE DRIVE DOWN TO NEW ORLEANS, ON HIS WAY HE STOPS OFF AT VARIOUS VENUES TO SEE PEFORMERS AND ONCE IN NEW ORLEANS HE DRIVES AROUND THE STREETS TALKING ABOUT DIFFERENT AREAS AND THEIR IMPORTANCE IN TERMS OF MUSIC AND THE BLUES. THERE ARE APPEARANCES FROM FATS DOMINO(33.28) WHO PLAYS THE PIANO AND TALKS TO JULES ABOUT HIS MUSIC AND HIS OWN DISTINCT STYLE AND APPEARANCES BY THE NEVILLE BROTHERS(61.03) AND GOSPEL SINGERS(31.09).;ARTISTS:;DO RE MI 'HAUNT YOU'(2.17);PREFAB SPROUT 'WHEN LOVE BREAKS DOWN'(6.00);PREFAB SPROUT 'CARS AND GIRLS'(9.37);JIMMY BARNES 'I'M STILL ON YOUR SIDE'(14.30);JIMMY BARNES 'A CHANGE IS GONNA COME'(18.14);JOHNNY ALLEN 'THE PROMISED LAND'(40.11);DR YOUNG 'SUCH A NIGHT'(52.45);LEE DORSEY 'WORKING IN A COALMINE'(59.48);JULES HOLLAND 'DR JAZZ'(64.15);

The June 3rd, 1984 episode of Countdown hosted by Grace & Bernie played this weekend on rage, I used to have a timer code episode!

My friend who worked for ABC in the 90s gave me that episode plus the 1983 Tim Finn when he is at the desk upstairs at ABC studios and Sting and Brian Canham from 1985 which rage have not played yet, plus a few more which rage have since played.

I actually lost the tape with the Grace & Bernie Countdown episode from June 3rd, 1984 played this weekend. So it looks like I will be gaining a copy again, I have no idea how the tape got lost or where it went!!! ... So it's not really a surprise episode for me but one which I will have in my collection again.

The 1982 Hot Chocolate, most of us have on Timer Code so no surprise there but the November 2nd, 1980 episode of Countdown is my * HIGHLIGHT * this weekend with another JO STANLEY performance and an band MOTIVATORS performance which looks interesting

A lot of relatively-often played clips on Saturday morning, though a couple they've not aired as standalone videos before (Oh Sherrie).

I'm waiting for the annual retro month airing of Split Enz's 'Six Months In a Leaky Boat'

Where is the Saturday morning Playlist????

Jason 'The Moderator"
Where is the Saturday morning Playlist????

Yeah I was wondering that too... I worked out you have to go to their Facebook page to find the links, they say the IT people are working on getting the website fixed (happens at the start of every year!).

Saturday morning:
http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4603859.htm