Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Information and details of Lene Lovich and James Freud episodes

One thing about the awesone James Freud hosted 5/4/'81 show that I can't figure out is if this show has been missing is how come The Angels' Countdown performance of the excellent track "Into The Heat" has been on youtube for years? It's not time coded, but does have the ABC watermark on it I think - so was this shown on another episode as well because I can't find it anywhere else?!

Eammon
Here they are. If a few people could run their eyes over them and correct any errors that would be much appreciated.

One more suggestion - it would be good to indicate against each song whether it is a clip or a studio performance, to make it consistent with existing runsheets. Cheers!

The 1981 James Freud episode and Lene Lovich episodes probably were not lost, they obviously were not archived in ABC's Countdown system and rage probably had no idea they were shows not archived correctly.

Again, whomever archived all the info on each existing Countdown episode made many errors on what was and wasn't Countdown performances or videos and it looks like they also missed episodes that were not archived in their run sheets of each episode. So who knows how many other episodes are not archived but exist still at the ABC.

If I could, I would give my services for free and volunteer at the ABC to look for any other episodes not archived and archive them properly!

The other possibility is that there were typos on the show names when they were entered into the database of the archive's contents, e.g. maybe they were listed under COUTNDOWN or something like that, so they don't appear when you search for them.

ohnoitisnathan
The other possibility is that there were typos on the show names when they were entered into the database of the archive's contents, e.g. maybe they were listed under COUTNDOWN or something like that, so they don't appear when you search for them.

yeah sort of thing is quite likely! There might be a goldmine of stuff not correctly labelled or indexed, we'll petition ABC to let Jason to go in there and sort it all out

I have worked the mystery out re: Angel's Into the Heat. The clip they show "live in the studio" first appeared on ep. 274 from 1/3/'81 hosted by Russell Morris, which is an episode Rage played many years ago. All they have done here is just re-played the performance. Looking forward to later today to see what will be forthcoming tomorrow night....