Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: George Michael R.I.P.

I saw it. Quite a comprehensive special. David Knox of TV Tonight and quite a number on Facebook missed it. What did you think Nathan?

krazykalamari
I saw it. Quite a comprehensive special. David Knox of TV Tonight and quite a number on Facebook missed it. What did you think Nathan?

I was hoping they would air 'Waiting For that Day', which is a rare (and possibly Australia-only) video (of just George performing the song in a studio intercut with some other footage). They aired it when it was in the top 50 (for one week), so they had it at one point.

Rage aired the tribute to George Michael last night on ABC1. If you have the "Best of Wham" and "Twenty Five" DVD'S you would already have 95% of the playlist. Songs not on these compilations and aired included "Star People live at MTV video awards", "December Song" and "White Light". I don't understand why Rage didn't announce it.

I just had a look at Facebook and notice that this is second airing. I see that they gave up three hours of their Friday night session.

Frank
Rage aired the tribute to George Michael last night on ABC1. If you have the "Best of Wham" and "Twenty Five" DVD'S you would already have 95% of the playlist. Songs not on these compilations and aired included "Star People live at MTV video awards", "December Song" and "White Light". I don't understand why Rage didn't announce it.

'Praying For Time' and 'Twenty Five Megamix' also are not on the 'Twenty Five' DVD. The Wham videos for 'Young Guns (Go For It)', 'Wham Rap (Enjoy What You Do)' and 'Where Did Your Heart Go?' are also not on the DVD.

rage didn't announce it, as they don't seem to give much of a toss anymore about the Facebook page - well, particularly not during the Xmas/New Year's break.

'The Final' CD/DVD package has all the Wham videos.

Michael
'The Final' CD/DVD package has all the Wham videos.

Looking at discogs.com, the DVD was NTSC = might as well not bother IMO.

The version of 'Jesus To a Child' rage aired is more than 2 minutes longer than the edited version on the Twenty Five DVD and his Vevo channel on YouTube.

I have ordered a copy of "The Final" CD/DVD from JB Hi-Fi. It will take them up to four weeks to import it. If it's NTSC, is it lesser quality than Pal?

Frank FM
I have ordered a copy of "The Final" CD/DVD from JB Hi-Fi. It will take them up to four weeks to import it. If it's NTSC, is it lesser quality than Pal?

Most people are probably OK with it, it's just one of my pet hates that something is lazily released in NTSC only, because North American customers don't often have PAL-compatible players/TVs - especially when the artist is from a PAL country or had more success in PAL regions.

NTSC is lower resolution than PAL (480 lines vs 576 lines), so the colours appear duller/more drab. NTSC has a higher frame-rate though, so fast moving shots will appear smoother. But PAL looks better and brighter.