Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My COUNTDOWN suggestions for January to rage

The ONLY Recoveries I am interested in are EPISODE RECOVERIES and not Recovery of Recovery Episodes.

Rage have no excuse to air any Recovery episodes as they showed several a few months ago.

Nor should Rage repeat any 1970's Countdown episodes as they aired a very generous batch only a few months ago too.

So I look forward to a January season of unrepeated Countdowns......

Here's my Countdown requests for Rage 2017 Retro season and there were:
September 29 1981 Wendy Stapleton (Wendy & The Rocketts) (standby program)
January 3 1982 Molly (Summer Special #3 New Zealand Invasion)
January 10 1982 Molly (Summer Special #4 Export bands)
28-Sep-1986 and 04-Oct-1986 Episode 528
I've still been waiting for my requests to be on Rage in ages.

Patrick
Rage have no excuse to air any Recovery episodes as they showed several a few months ago.

Nor should Rage repeat any 1970's Countdown episodes as they aired a very generous batch only a few months ago too.

So I look forward to a January season of unrepeated Countdowns......

Yes, hopefully they've gotten both Recovery and repeated 70s Countdowns out of their system. Plus, they made a big deal about the 20th anniversary of Recovery this year; hopefully they'll give it a rest now.

Next year is the 30th anniversary of rage, and I noticed someone (who appears to be an ABC or general TV insider, based on their other edits) added this to the rage wikipedia page the other day:

Thirtieth Anniversary special

Rage's 30th anniversary occurred during April 2017. The nation will celebrate with a week of programming including two specially produced documentaries which will explore the uniquely Australian experience of watching the influential music show. The first will celebrate the incredible history of rage and explore its influence on Australian music and culture. The program will feature a plethora of musical talent and songs from across the decades, musicians whose work has been a mainstay of rage but who were also viewers themselves. The second, Songs from the Red Couch: 30 Years of Guests rage Programmers, will delve into the archives to relive some classic moments from our studio. Out of the thousands of songs programmed by our guests over the years a few have been chosen multiple times; those are songs that have resonated with artists from all genres, ages, genders and nationalities. Essentially this list makes up the best music videos of all time.

ohnoitisnathan
The second, Songs from the Red Couch: 30 Years of Guests rage Programmers, will delve into the archives to relive some classic moments from our studio. Out of the thousands of songs programmed by our guests over the years a few have been chosen multiple times; those are songs that have resonated with artists from all genres, ages, genders and nationalities. Essentially this list makes up the best music videos of all time.

Right, so they'll play Aphex Twin "Windowlicker" which has been by quite a big margin the most selected Guest Programmer clip.

Clip Magnet

Right, so they'll play Aphex Twin "Windowlicker" which has been by quite a big margin the most selected Guest Programmer clip.

Exactly. That was my thought when I read this.

Like all of their anniversary specials, I'm sure this one will be filled to the brim with 'alternative'/Triple-J/Recovery-friendly stuff, and anything pop or dance won't get a look in, other than a few of the most common videos.

I'm back (well didn't really disappear, kept reading posts but not posting) and ready for a top month. 😊 First thing is to get retro 16 off my hard drive and onto discs! Yikes, i have been lazy with my music this year. On this topic, i still can't believe rage haven't shown the first Countdown ep of 1985. They have sshown all the firsts from other years and i would love to see Kate Ceberano hosting. Got me thinking about time she was inducted into this years ARIA Hall of Fame.