Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My COUNTDOWN suggestions for January to rage

I sent in my requests a few weeks ago. Last year I requested 3 Rock Arenas and 3 Countdowns - they played all 3 of my Rock Arenas and 2 of the Countdowns, so I was mightily chuffed.

So this year I've pushed the envelope and requested 8 shows - 5 Rock Arenas and 3 Countdowns. All the Countdowns are from 1980, none of the ones Jason requested.

If I get even half of my requests up, particularly the Rock Arenas, I'll be over the moon.

I've put in my requests for Countdowns on the Rage Facebook site - most of them are the usual ones I've asked for over the years - hopefully they'll show some of them...

11 July 82 – James Reyne
19 Sept. 82 – Globos
31 Oct 82 – Various hosts.
1 May 83 – Lene Lovich
22 May 83 – No host
28 Aug 83 – Joan Armatrading
16 April 87 – Molly hosting from the Underground Disco

At least this year I know there shouldn't be too many (or any) repeated 1970's episodes as Rage showed several recently.

Here's hoping for a good January season...

I hope rage play some of my requested episodes, in particular, the 1985 episode I requested which I would love to have.

Regarding Countdown episode 1st May, 1983 with 'Lene Lovich' .... Lene hosted the episode of Countdown?

I have never noticed this episode in my archives!

From the lists I have, she did indeed host Countdown. It would make sense as I know she did come here around that time and appeared on the Don Lane Show as well.

I'm assuming that particular episode is in the Rage archive although I can't see any actual details of what's in that episode. I chose it simply because Ms. Lovich is hosting it - reason enough to choose it!

Yes, hope Rage plays everyone's picks with NO repeated episodes.....

The Lene Lovich episode has obviously been wrongly listed or something as it's not clearly documented in my Countdown Archived info on each show which I bought from the ABC. How brilliant!!!!!! Glad you spotted it Patrick, how stunning <3

I of course know Lene did Don Lane and have often wondered if she did Countdown as well during that visit

Just wondering how you're making these requests, as visitor comments to the rage facebook page have now been disabled, other than on posts they make to the page. So you'd have to make these requests on a completely unreleated post, if doing so on facebook.

Rage have an email address, though they don't exactly publicise it.

The moderator/s on the facebook page rarely comment on or acknowledge other user's posts these days... which gives the impression they don't even read the comments left.

Nathan,

On this thread I posted this:

I sent my Countdown suggestions to rage tonight on Facebook. I rarely use Facebook but keep it for certain musical things like Countdown requests. They now don't allow posts to automatically appear on their page due to lots of morons. But they will see my post and I posted it twice :-)

It said the posts don't go on the rage Facebook page but they receive them and check them first, so I would presume that they get the messages we send them, hopefully

Re: making requests, all I've done is hijack whatever the current post is on the Rage FB site and put in my requests that way.

I also sent my requests to the Rage email address as well so I've covered everything. Yes I know they don't seem keen on responding to anything these days but hopefully by doing those 2 things someone at Rage will take some notice.

A shame they don't seem terribly enthusiastic in responding to requests these days but I'm always hopeful they'll do a good January season anyway, we shall see.

What is the email address?

rage@abc.net.au

I just send them my requests and I'm sure they'll read that too. Always better to make sure all bases are covered....

Good idea, Patrick.

Yes, it seems rage run a very skeletal staff for their social media these days. It seemed to reduce to virtually nil after the federal election in July, for which coverage ran overtime into over an hour of the program for that night (Steel Panther guest programming). Unlike rage, they never aired it at a later date, either, other than part of it being shown again on the Tuesday night ABC repeat. Something has definitely changed at rage HQ.

Patrick
I've put in my requests for Countdowns on the Rage Facebook site - most of them are the usual ones I've asked for over the years - hopefully they'll show some of them...

11 July 82 – James Reyne
19 Sept. 82 – Globos
31 Oct 82 – Various hosts.
1 May 83 – Lene Lovich
22 May 83 – No host
28 Aug 83 – Joan Armatrading
16 April 87 – Molly hosting from the Underground Disco

At least this year I know there shouldn't be too many (or any) repeated 1970's episodes as Rage showed several recently.

Here's hoping for a good January season...

I was under the impression that episode 368 May 1 1983 was missing from the archives. I had no idea of who even hosted it. If that Lene Lovich episode exists it would be great to see. Do you know what is on that episode?

If that's the case wouldn't that make 1983 complete in the archives too?

RJ TAYLER
If that's the case wouldn't that make 1983 complete in the archives too?

I've got it that April 24 and May 1 are missing from the archives for 1983 - which is the two weeks after the Countdown awards. I've had a look in my TV Weeks for those 2 weeks and Countdown was scheduled so it's not like it wasn't shown due to some other broadcast commitments. Always happy if anything unexpected turns up.

I've seen the 1 May 1983 one listed as hosted by Lene Lovich but have no other further details. It's a great shame if it is indeed missing from the archives but I'm always hopeful it's turned up somehow and ask for it anyway.

I have no idea how often the listings get updated so I ask for those shows in the event it's turned up. I'm still hopeful the Jackson Victory dance competition from 1984 shows up - although I know Rage have a videotaped copy from a fan.

We shall wait and see what Rage shows in January, not long to go now...

Patrick
We shall wait and see what Rage shows in January, not long to go now...

Just like Big Kev "I'm Excited!".

No Recoveries... I hope.

The ONLY Recoveries I am interested in are EPISODE RECOVERIES and not Recovery of Recovery Episodes.

Rage have no excuse to air any Recovery episodes as they showed several a few months ago.

Nor should Rage repeat any 1970's Countdown episodes as they aired a very generous batch only a few months ago too.

So I look forward to a January season of unrepeated Countdowns......

Here's my Countdown requests for Rage 2017 Retro season and there were:
September 29 1981 Wendy Stapleton (Wendy & The Rocketts) (standby program)
January 3 1982 Molly (Summer Special #3 New Zealand Invasion)
January 10 1982 Molly (Summer Special #4 Export bands)
28-Sep-1986 and 04-Oct-1986 Episode 528
I've still been waiting for my requests to be on Rage in ages.

Patrick
Rage have no excuse to air any Recovery episodes as they showed several a few months ago.

Nor should Rage repeat any 1970's Countdown episodes as they aired a very generous batch only a few months ago too.

So I look forward to a January season of unrepeated Countdowns......

Yes, hopefully they've gotten both Recovery and repeated 70s Countdowns out of their system. Plus, they made a big deal about the 20th anniversary of Recovery this year; hopefully they'll give it a rest now.

Next year is the 30th anniversary of rage, and I noticed someone (who appears to be an ABC or general TV insider, based on their other edits) added this to the rage wikipedia page the other day:

Thirtieth Anniversary special

Rage's 30th anniversary occurred during April 2017. The nation will celebrate with a week of programming including two specially produced documentaries which will explore the uniquely Australian experience of watching the influential music show. The first will celebrate the incredible history of rage and explore its influence on Australian music and culture. The program will feature a plethora of musical talent and songs from across the decades, musicians whose work has been a mainstay of rage but who were also viewers themselves. The second, Songs from the Red Couch: 30 Years of Guests rage Programmers, will delve into the archives to relive some classic moments from our studio. Out of the thousands of songs programmed by our guests over the years a few have been chosen multiple times; those are songs that have resonated with artists from all genres, ages, genders and nationalities. Essentially this list makes up the best music videos of all time.

ohnoitisnathan
The second, Songs from the Red Couch: 30 Years of Guests rage Programmers, will delve into the archives to relive some classic moments from our studio. Out of the thousands of songs programmed by our guests over the years a few have been chosen multiple times; those are songs that have resonated with artists from all genres, ages, genders and nationalities. Essentially this list makes up the best music videos of all time.

Right, so they'll play Aphex Twin "Windowlicker" which has been by quite a big margin the most selected Guest Programmer clip.

Clip Magnet

Right, so they'll play Aphex Twin "Windowlicker" which has been by quite a big margin the most selected Guest Programmer clip.

Exactly. That was my thought when I read this.

Like all of their anniversary specials, I'm sure this one will be filled to the brim with 'alternative'/Triple-J/Recovery-friendly stuff, and anything pop or dance won't get a look in, other than a few of the most common videos.

I'm back (well didn't really disappear, kept reading posts but not posting) and ready for a top month. 😊 First thing is to get retro 16 off my hard drive and onto discs! Yikes, i have been lazy with my music this year. On this topic, i still can't believe rage haven't shown the first Countdown ep of 1985. They have sshown all the firsts from other years and i would love to see Kate Ceberano hosting. Got me thinking about time she was inducted into this years ARIA Hall of Fame.