Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Missing Rock Arena run sheets?

I've created a structured database of all music videos shown on Rock Arena, from the unstructured run sheets posted here and sources elsewhere such as TARA.

It's quite a pain to extract and process data from unstructured sources but I've managed to do it. I ended up with a total of 203 shows and 2847 videos in the database.

However there appear to be quite a few Rock Arena episodes missing from the data I have. The first show in my database is 18 September 1982 and the final one is 24 November 1988, with 5 shows that have an ABC Programme ID but no date attached.

There's unexplained date gaps in a number of years, sometimes only a week or two but up to 2 months (the biggest gap, excluding summer breaks, is from 7 June to 12 Aug 1988). I have only 3 programmes in 1982 (one Sep and two Nov episodes), 30 in 1983, 41 in 1984, 27 in 1985, 35 in 1986, 47 in 1987 and 15 in 1988.

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out to identify any shows that are missing, or can date the shows that only have programme IDs?

I'd like to do that same thing with Countdown run sheets but after this experience I need a bit of a mental rest before attempting a much bigger job.

Thanks.