Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kate Ceberano rage Playlist Saturday night 21 May

3:00am
U2 Sunday Bloody Sunday (Polydor)
SPLIT ENZ I Got You (Fest/Mush)
KATE CEBERANO Pash (Mushroom)
KATE CEBERANO Lush Life ()
KATE CEBERANO Young Boys Are My Weakness ()
KATE CEBERANO Bedroom Eyes (Mushroom)
KATE CEBERANO Love Dimension ()
3:30am
KATE CEBERANO Brave ()
KATE CEBERANO Since You've Been Gone ()
KATE CEBERANO Nature Boy ()
KATE CEBERANO That's What I Call Love ()
I'M TALKING Someday ()
I'M TALKING Trust Me ()
I'M TALKING Love Dont Live Here Anymore ()
I'M TALKING Do You Wanna Be ()
4:00am
I'M TALKING Holy Word (Festival)
I'M TALKING How Can It Be ()
KATE CEBERANO See Right Through ()
KATE CEBERANO Change ()
KATE CEBERANO Love And Affection ()
KATE CEBERANO Love Is Alive (Mushroom)
KATE CEBERANO Time To Think (Mushroom)
4:30am
KATE CEBERANO I Won't Let You Down (Mushroom)
KATE CEBERANO True Romantic (Mushroom)
KATE CEBERANO Yes (Universal)
KATE CEBERANO Higher and Higher (Universal)
KATE CEBERANO At Last (Universal)
KATE CEBERANO Unchained Melody (Warner)
KATE CEBERANO She Will Be Loved (Universal)
KATE CEBERANO Magnet (Sony)
5:00am
KAYTRANADA Lite Spots (Remote Control)

Re: Kate Ceberano rage Playlist Saturday night 21 May

I look forward to watching that Rage tonight. Last time Kate was on Rage was back in 1990 to my knowledge as a guest programmer. 🙂👍🏼

Great to show all those I'm Talking clips too - is that every clip they ever made?

Clip Magnet
Great to show all those I'm Talking clips too - is that every clip they ever made?

No, it's missing 'Lead the Way'.

I wonder if Kate Ceberano are going to have a greatest hits DVD which will feature all of I'm Talking and her solo songs.

Nicholas
I wonder if Kate Ceberano are going to have a greatest hits DVD which will feature all of I'm Talking and her solo songs.
Extremely unlikely. In fact I'd go so far as to predict it will never happen. DVDs are virtually history now.

So you;ve either recorded last Saturday's rage special and that's your "DVD", or search if Kate has a Youtube channel with all her clips on it.

Clip Magnet
Nicholas
Extremely unlikely. In fact I'd go so far as to predict it will never happen. DVDs are virtually history now.

I'd say this is true, sadly. I can't see there being many more retro artist DVD (or blu-ray) compilations released that haven't already been.

Just as well we have rage.

I just wish they make it mandatory now that albums releases in the past come with a DVD of the promo videos. CD's sales would increase.

A bit disappointed that Phil Collins reissued back catalogue (with his current face plastered all over the covers - not sure if I like it, but good on him for doing it) came with a DVD of the album videos and not just live tracks. Sorry Phil, pass.

Michael
I just wish they make it mandatory now that albums releases in the past come with a DVD of the promo videos. CD's sales would increase.

I doubt we could pass such a law to make it compulsory but I agree record companies should do that for compilations CDs or reissues. There have been some great CD compilations released with DVDs:

* Fuzzbox
* Icehouse
* Ultravox
* B-52s

And some very disappointing opportunities missed:

* Tim Finn
* Kate Ceberano
* ... too many to list

Part of it might do with licensing issues (the record company might not actually have the rights to the videos), or laziness (can't be bothered doing it, or it's too hard to search and find all the videos).

Clip Magnet

I doubt we could pass such a law to make it compulsory but I agree record companies should do that for compilations CDs or reissues. There have been some great CD compilations released with DVDs:

* Fuzzbox
* Icehouse
* Ultravox
* B-52s

And some very disappointing opportunities missed:

* Tim Finn
* Kate Ceberano
* ... too many to list

Part of it might do with licensing issues (the record company might not actually have the rights to the videos), or laziness (can't be bothered doing it, or it's too hard to search and find all the videos).

The Fuzzbox compilation was put together by a fan, who also was involved with the Shakespears Sister one. There's no way either compilation would have been released with a DVD otherwise, probably.

I don't like the Icehouse one too much, as all of the videos are pillarboxed (bars left and right) widescreen, which is stupid, as I think the videos are all 4:3 aspect ratio. Plus most of the videos were a bit grainy/had visible flaws with them.

I guess record companies also think 'they can just watch the videos on youtube', too, so there's even less incentive to go the whole hog and plonk a DVD out.

ohnoitisnathan
I don't like the Icehouse one too much, as all of the videos are pillarboxed (bars left and right) widescreen, which is stupid, as I think the videos are all 4:3 aspect ratio. Plus most of the videos were a bit grainy/had visible flaws with them.

Hmm... I convert all my music videos to put them on my Media Player, and my copies of those Icehouse clips are 4:3 so I must have chopped the pillarboxing off, although I don't remember doing that.

I do agree though the quality of many of the earlier clips on that DVD was disappointing, very grainy for some reason as if the video gain was turned up too high. So what I did was blend the DVD clips with the clips from the rage Icehouse special (Dec 2011) where the quality of the rage copy was generally much better.

Clip Magnet
I do agree though the quality of many of the earlier clips on that DVD was disappointing, very grainy for some reason as if the video gain was turned up too high. So what I did was blend the DVD clips with the clips from the rage Icehouse special (Dec 2011) where the quality of the rage copy was generally much better.

The rage-aired clips were generally better quality, yes, although they were screened during the years when the watermark appears in the 4:3 screen area