Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hunting down a Clip from Coundown

Hi dont know if ya can help, But I have been trying to hunt down a Clip of JOHN SWAN & BAND 'SAY YOU'LL DO SOMETHING in 1985

I have been trying to find it because a friend of mine was the stand in guitarist for John on the show. His Name is Gwyn Ashton. Also I have been in touch with John Swan about it and he is finding it difficult to obtain a copy. I contacted CountdownABC website and they found it and wanted $95 just for a copy of the song put onto a DVD. But the website has now vanished.

Anyway hope you can help
Cheers
Cliff

Re: Hunting down a Clip from Coundown

1985 seems to have been a busy year for Swan with the release of Busihdo as Swanee and then a 'solo' release that you mention.

According to his own site the single was released in July. Which means if it was on COuntdown it was probably on shows 469-472. Shows 470 and 472 have definately been repeated on rage.

I've had a look at them on Jason's database and I can't see it. Maybe it wasn't Countdown but Rock Arena or another show? Clearly the ABC do have footage of it though.

When I search TARA now I use this link here: http://search.abc.net.au/search/search.cgi?collection=tara&advanced=true&query=Countdown&meta_q_sand=&meta_a_sand=&num_ranks=20&meta_d1day=01&meta_d1month=Jan&meta_d1year=2016&meta_d2day=01&meta_d2month=Jan&meta_d2year=2016&meta_b_sand=&meta_c_sand=&meta_f_sand=&meta_d_sand=&meta_g_sand=&meta_j_sand=&meta_o_sand=&meta_p_sand=&Submit=Search

Sorry I can't be more help.

- AW