Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Will Molly ever guest program rage and thoughts on mini series?

I thought the mini-series was ok. Just ok though. As pointed out here, the anachronistic bits really grated. Pleasure & Pain at the same time as Band Aid... Madonna getting to number one in Australia with "Holiday" (did they mean Like A Virgin?)
A funny moment involving Wa Wa Nee placed at least a year before they hit the charts...
Cyndi Lauper in the montage of acts from 1981.
It also ended way too abruptly with the end of Countdown. Which would be fitting if it were a Countdown biopic, but it was about Molly.

Molly's comments on 'Wa Wa Nee' cracked me up, but as we know he wouldn't have said that as it was mid '85 a year before they hit the charts.

Brad
I thought the mini-series was ok. Just ok though. As pointed out here, the anachronistic bits really grated. Pleasure & Pain at the same time as Band Aid... Madonna getting to number one in Australia with "Holiday" (did they mean Like A Virgin?)
A funny moment involving Wa Wa Nee placed at least a year before they hit the charts...
Cyndi Lauper in the montage of acts from 1981.
It also ended way too abruptly with the end of Countdown. Which would be fitting if it were a Countdown biopic, but it was about Molly.

I recorded, but haven't watched, any of the miniseries yet. But gosh... this sounds poor! Even a quick perusal of wikipedia will tell you when those tracks were released (the right year if nothing else). Seriously, how lazy/incompetent were the people who 'researched' the chronology of these releases, if they did at all. Surely everyone knows Cyndi Lauper was not a thing in 1981!

I enjoyed the documentary more. Some great contributions, it's always nice to see people like Kim Wilde, Belinda Carlisle, Kylie & Dannii etc, all speaking with such affection for Molly. Interesting that he almost got married to Martha Davis!