Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rock Arena 20/9/83 last night - cut segments?

Frankster
Hi Jason and all,

Not sure what's happened but I just went over my recording of Rage last night and found that Rock Arena ep from 20/9/83 had been cut. Using the run sheet as an example:

PAT WILSON FILM CLIP, BOP GIRL;
B&W SPECTRUM FILM CLIP, MAKE YOUR STASH;
B&W SPECTRUM FILM CLIP, I'LL BE GONE;

------------------------
Show started here last night

B&W DADDY COOL FILM CLIP, EAGLE ROCK;
DADDY COOL LIVE, COME BACK AGAIN;
B&W DADDY COOL FILM CLIP, ROCK N' ROLL LADY;
MONDO ROCK LIVE, FUGITIVE KIND;
MONDO ROCK LIVE, PRIMAL PARK;
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, IN ANOTHER LOVE;
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, SUMMER OF 81';
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, NO TIME;
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, THE QUEEN AND ME;
W.H.Y, WHY FILM CLIP, WOMAN OF STEEL;

Show ended here last night
-------------------------

MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS FILM CLIP, AUSTRALIAN GIRLS;
MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS LIVE IN STUDIO, MODELS;
MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS FILM CLIP, I'M AN ANIMAL;
MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS LIVE AT MUSHROOM EVOLUTION CONCERT, LOVE COMES, LOVE GOES

Pat Wilson, Spectrum and the Mike Rudd segment were all cut from last night's airing. Total to air time was a little over 40 minutes for this one. Is it on tuesdays Rage repeats this timeslot? If they do I hope they play the show in its entirety, unless there's some issue with it (tape damage? Hope not).

I don't know if you guys over east had the same start time as me, but the Rage playlist says a start time of 11:30pm but the Kumars went to 11:53. So I reckon Rage has cut the final 20 minutes from Rock Arena so they could finish on time. As Guru said it is very disappointing. I wss looking forward to Mike Rudd.

The Rage start times are never accurate. My EPG had the correct start time of 11.54. What happened to the exact times that used to be posted here?

Hi Gary,

The exact timings came from the Rage app, which hasn't been working for weeks so we've had no access to them unfortunately..

Frankster
Hi Gary,

The exact timings came from the Rage app, which hasn't been working for weeks so we've had no access to them unfortunately..

Bummer - at least we know when it starts , that's the main thing.

Lee

I don't know if you guys over east had the same start time as me, but the Rage playlist says a start time of 11:30pm but the Kumars went to 11:53. So I reckon Rage has cut the final 20 minutes from Rock Arena so they could finish on time. As Guru said it is very disappointing. I wss looking forward to Mike Rudd.

I looked at the TV guide at http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/melbourne/ last night before rage started, to see what time it began, and it said 11:53pm. This would have been probably about 9:30ish I looked at it.

The playlist on the website starts from 11:30, but I think that's because it normally rounds back to the previous half hour; not that it was scheduled to start at 11:30.

My tape ran out before that one. So I don't feel so bad about that now!