Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ROCK ARENA - I'M TALKING LIVE 11th September - 1984! Screening on rage goes retro 2!

Ross Wilson (et al.) will be rolling in the residuals and repeat fees this January if that was part of the appearance contract he had back then.

Re: ROCK ARENA - I'M TALKING LIVE 11th September - 1984! Screening on rage goes retro 2!

Jason 'The Moderator'
OMFGGGGGG!
rage are playing my Rock Arena request as well with I'm Talking LIVE from September 11 1984! After 15 years of asking, it is FINALLY being played !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other Rock Arena is from September 20th, 1983 which i have no info on, unfortunately. My Rock Arena archives begin from 1984
September 11 1984
A MUSIC VIDEO PROGRAM HOSTED BY SUZANNE DOWLING WHO BRIEFLY INTRODUCES EACH ARTIST;ARTIST/TITLES:;00.17 BEARGARDEN, THE FINER THINGS;29.49 I,M TALKING, HERE, THERE & EVERYWHERE;33.46 I'M TALKING, TAKE ME AS I AM;37.31 I'M TALKING, HOW CAN IT BE;41.50 I'M TALKING, TRUST ME;46.32 I'M TALKING, LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE;50.40 I'M TALKING, SOMEDAY;04.30 GRANDMASTER MEL MELLE, BEAT ST BREAKDOWN;06.32 SHANNON, GIVE ME TONIGHT;10.41 MARTHA & THE MUFFINS, ECHO BEACH;13.51 MARTHA & THE MUFFINS, BLACK STATIONS/WHITE STATIONS;18.44 MARTHA & THE MUFFINS, DANSE PARK;22.14 T-REX, THE GROOVER;25.17 MARC BOLAN, NEW YORK CITY

About time - your 10 year plus (or at least it seems that long) campaign is bearing fruit.

rock arena 29th May 1984 would be nice!

Guru Bob
Looks like someone is trying to put together a Mondo Rock anthology. Will be great to get the clips of Fugitive Kind and Primal Park - hopefully they didn't use the live Countdown performances here. Looking forward to this episode.

The runsheet says "Live" for those two clips but whether they are Countdown performances, we will find out tonight.

As far as I know, a concept clip was never made for Primal Park but one was made for Fugitive Kind - there is a fairly decent copy of it on YouTube.

The clips for "In Another Love" and "No Time" are very rare, so that will be good to get.

Clip Magnet
The 1983 Rock Arena was my third and final RA request! I cannot believe they will have played all three of my RA requests It seems rage are playing everyone's requests!! Maybe I should have asked for more...

The details on this episode:

20 September 1983 (Oz Rock)
PAT WILSON FILM CLIP, BOP GIRL;
B&W SPECTRUM FILM CLIP, MAKE YOUR STASH;
B&W SPECTRUM FILM CLIP, I'LL BE GONE;
B&W DADDY COOL FILM CLIP, EAGLE ROCK;
DADDY COOL LIVE, COME BACK AGAIN;
B&W DADDY COOL FILM CLIP, ROCK N' ROLL LADY;
MONDO ROCK LIVE, FUGITIVE KIND;
MONDO ROCK LIVE, PRIMAL PARK;
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, IN ANOTHER LOVE;
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, SUMMER OF 81';
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, NO TIME;
MONDO ROCK FILM CLIP, THE QUEEN AND ME;
W.H.Y, WHY FILM CLIP, WOMAN OF STEEL;
ARIEL FILM CLIP, DISCO DILEMMA;
MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS FILM CLIP, AUSTRALIAN GIRLS;
MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS LIVE IN STUDIO, MODELS;
MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS FILM CLIP, I'M AN ANIMAL;
MIKE RUDD AND THE HEATERS LIVE AT MUSHROOM EVOLUTION CONCERT, LOVE COMES, LOVE GOES

Love "Summer Of 81'" , don't think I've seen the clip - looking forward to that. Ditto "The Queen & Me"

Well that was interesting... rage started the 1983 Rock Arena episode with no intro, jumping straight to Eagle Rock (missing the first 3 videos) and ending without warning after the W.H.Y video (hence missing the last 5 videos). I wonder if the master was damaged and they had to drop the beginning and the end? Or time constraints? (and I've just seen the other thread on this topic...)

At least they played the most important bits

I had never seen the video for Primal Park, and despite describing it as "live" on the runsheet it wasn't really. Yes they had instruments in hand and were on a stage, but there was no audience and they were miming the studio recording... that makes it a video in my book!

The Summer Of 81 clip was I think the Countdown produced clip. The "real" video was played on rage last week.

Coming from Queensland as I do it was not that uncommon for some of the retro programming to be edited if not outright skipped when shown up here, particularly if the ABC had a live event to cover that Sunday.

About I'm Talking an unsung heroine of that band has to have been their bass player as she was simply 'on' that night. Overall another excellent hosting job from Suzanne Dowling that night as well.