Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Retro Week 2 - Only one non-repeat Countdown?

Is any latest Countdown episodes to be rescreened in Rage Goes Retro 2 tomorrow night?

That explains why it looks so familiar!

Still waiting on rage, they are really taking a LONG time to upload today!

I thought rage had really dropped the ball when I saw this, as I've just copied these episodes off my hard-drive to DVD a few weeks ago. Thankfully it's an old playlist. :)

To make up for jumping the gun. This recently went up but still no playlist:

For the second instalment you'll see classic clips from the 60s, the 70s, and the 80s with live appearances from Eurogliders, Eurythmics, Adam & The Ants, Skyhooks and more.

Join us for the second week of Rage Goes Retro on Saturday 9th January from 10:49-11:49am, returning for the night from 11:21pm on ABC.

Got a feeling there is going to be a July 1985 episode of Countdown in there, as I'm very sure that the Eurythmics performed "would I lie to you" in the countdown studio.

Mark from 2PR FM
Got a feeling there is going to be a July 1985 episode of Countdown in there, as I'm very sure that the Eurythmics performed "would I lie to you" in the countdown studio.

Really? I don't think Eurythmics ever performed in the Countdown studio?

Michael
Mark from 2PR FM

Really? I don't think Eurythmics ever performed in the Countdown studio?

I'm not sure either, just had the vague feeling that they had at least one countdown appearance and it being "Would I lie to you". Remember this is going off a memory from over 30 years ago, so maybe the live performance might of been on another show at the time.

I'm pretty sure it's just an interview with Annie & Dave. I've got a VHS-sourced copy of it.

So where does the 'Eurythmics live appearance' come into it? The blurb on the rage site says so...

"For the second instalment you'll see classic clips from the 60s, the 70s, and the 80s with live appearances from Eurogliders, Eurythmics, Adam & The Ants, Skyhooks and more"

I would have thought at least a TOTPs performance.

Michael
So where does the 'Eurythmics live appearance' come into it? The blurb on the rage site says so...

"For the second instalment you'll see classic clips from the 60s, the 70s, and the 80s with live appearances from Eurogliders, Eurythmics, Adam & The Ants, Skyhooks and more"

I would have thought at least a TOTPs performance.

Good point. Maybe rage thought that the footage of Annie on stage in the "Would I Lie To You" video was 'live'.