Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time start for rage goes retro 1 :

I can't find the Saturday morning playlist for Rage Goes Retro 1 2016 on Rage website, could it be all of the clips by The Easybeats and Stevie Wright as a tribute to Stevie on this morning playlist?

Guru Josh has died now, too! Aged 51.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/29/guru-josh-rave-star-dies-aged-51

Now that's one act I wouldn't mind Rage paying tribute to... all two of his videos (3 if you count the 2008 remix that he doesn't actually appear in from memory).

Natalie Cole - brings the annual toll to 4.

Just heard about Natalie Cole. I thought her version of 'Pink Cadillac' was one of the best tracks of '88 and i loved it when rage would play the 12" video when it was high up in the charts.

ohnoitisnathan
Playlist now up!

Saturday night 2 January 2016

11:00pm

COUNTDOWN September 28th, 1980 ()
COUNTDOWN December 14th, 1986 ()
ROCK ARENA April 25th, 1987 ()
COUNTDOWN July 24th, 1983 ()
COUNTDOWN May 6th, 1984 ()

3:30am

ROCK ARENA July 7th, 1984 ()

5:00am

At last they are playing episode after episode of retro shows without wasting time by having an artist clip special in between.

Jason 'The Moderator'
It was bad enough that Steve from Easybeats died but now Lemmy from Motörhead has died as well and I read on the Facebook page that on Saturday 9th Jan, there will be a tribute o both! We are F U C K E D that night in terms of Countdown etc.

Ughhhh, why must they all drop like flies every year at this time, fricking CRAP!

Hopefully, one of them will have their tribute on Saturday morning of the 9th!

Some might think those comments a tad insensitive, after all Stevie Wright was an Australian music legend, he deserves a tribute.

Rage didn't do many tributes last year. Chris Squire from Yes died in June 2015 - no tribute. Plenty of other artists have died with no tributes. Two that immediately come to mind were Cecil Womack in Feb 2013, and Michael Been (lead singer of The Call) in Aug 2010.

So don't get too agitated - we still have lots of Retro this month and it seems a permanent 2-3 hour retro show every Monday night. We should be grateful rage is accommodating so many competing interests and tastes.

Jason 'The Moderator'
Saturday 2nd January, 2015
I HOPE Countdown Revolution doesn't take up as much time as it did this year, people want Countdown in general not Revolution. And hopefully no Recovery or Antenna!

I agree re. Countdown Revolution and Recovery. Zero interest for me. But there are some here who enjoy them. Would love to see more Antenna episodes - can't get enough stories on remote controlled planes!

Countdown revolution would be fine, as long as we get the episodes with the lovely Lisa co-hosting them.

Stephen
Countdown revolution would be fine, as long as we get the episodes with the lovely Lisa co-hosting them.

Yeah. Although there's probably some rare music videos shown on the 1990 episodes, Mark Little is a shocking host, and so is what came after he & Tania.

It would be cool if rage did a Natalie Cole tribute at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't, given she's not an artist they usually play (only the 'Wild Women Do' remix and 'Mr Melody' have been aired since 1998).

At Guru,

I hope the Countdown's and Rock Arena's all in a row continue this months without oo much music videos in between

Retro week 2 starts at 11:53pm.

Jason 'The Moderator'
At Guru,

I hope the Countdown's and Rock Arena's all in a row continue this months without oo much music videos in between

We'll have to wait and see what happens this week with a few tributes planned apparently - hopefully 8-9am and not during Saturday night.
They usually give us a strong opening retro night, I'm guessing the Countdown's may drop off as they bring in other material.
As long as it is episode after episode of ABC shows and not artist or theme special clips I don't mind. The Saturday morning section with clips was good, keep Saturday night to the shows.

Jason 'The Moderator'
It was bad enough that Steve from Easybeats died but now Lemmy from Motörhead has died as well and I read on the Facebook page that on Saturday 9th Jan, there will be a tribute o both! We are F U C K E D that night in terms of Countdown etc.

Ughhhh, why must they all drop like flies every year at this time, fricking CRAP!

Hopefully, one of them will have their tribute on Saturday morning of the 9th!

With the Lemmy tribute in the middle of Friday night and Stevie on Saturday morning we get two great tributes that fortunately also didn't affect Retro month as it has in the past. Really appreciate how Rage are looking after all the interest groups.

Didn't realise that John Bradbury of The Specials had also died. Looks like they don't have too many Natalie Cole clips in the archives.

Glenn Frey of The Eagles brings it to No.7