Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Countdown requests and message on the rage Facebook page!

Great start to retro season, although I have moved to the country and not quite set up for taping as yet.

Just noticed this morning some very rare Elton John promo clips in the Saturday morning retro segment. Hopefully someone is also saving/taping these, they have not been screened previously at all

What time did they get played? Rare 80's Elton or 70's Elton? I wish Saturday morning playlist was up. I'm not home and will miss it all this morning. Nathan, what night will they do Saturday morning/retro clips repeats? Cheers.

In regard to Saturday morning Rage clips the first few were played from 8.30 and will be repeated Sunday morning from 5am. The 10.30am clips were great especially if your an Elton John admirer like myself. Elton clips played were Ego and one of my all time faves Part Time Love. No need to worry Michael as you will most likely have the chance to copy them from Monday morning around midnight on ABC3 ch 723 where the Saturday morning programming is replayed. Enjoy!

The Saturday morning playlist was up a couple of days ago, but the link seems to be down at present. No Stevie Wright tributes yet, nor the 5 others who passed away over the past week, according to the Rage team they are waiting for archives to come back next week then they will put together something. The rate people are sadly passing away presently, they will need an entire night just for tributes.

I would have taped the 1030 retro segment if still capable, one of the casualties of moving to the country.

Brett (2)
The Saturday morning playlist was up a couple of days ago, but the link seems to be down at present. No Stevie Wright tributes yet, nor the 5 others who passed away over the past week, according to the Rage team they are waiting for archives to come back next week then they will put together something. The rate people are sadly passing away presently, they will need an entire night just for tributes.

I would have taped the 1030 retro segment if still capable, one of the casualties of moving to the country.

When are you able to tape again? Is it just short term or do you need someone to help out?

Hi Guru Bob

Not sure at the moment how long before I get re-set up. I finally made the big move from Ringwood all the way up to Stawell at the start of December and still trying to get settled in. Definitely looking for 1030 AM Saturday morning segment with Eltons clips so hopefully you taped those. I have a back-up plan for tonight but if those fall over I may still be looking for the 4 Countdowns and 2 Rock Arenas tonight as well.

Still coming to Melbourne for work so hopefully we can catch up again - it has been a while.

Cheers

Guru Bob
Brett (2)

When are you able to tape again? Is it just short term or do you need someone to help out?

Brett (2)
Hi Guru Bob

Not sure at the moment how long before I get re-set up. I finally made the big move from Ringwood all the way up to Stawell at the start of December and still trying to get settled in. Definitely looking for 1030 AM Saturday morning segment with Eltons clips so hopefully you taped those. I have a back-up plan for tonight but if those fall over I may still be looking for the 4 Countdowns and 2 Rock Arenas tonight as well.

Still coming to Melbourne for work so hopefully we can catch up again - it has been a while.

Cheers

I've got the whole Sat morning Retro segment.

You may also want the Summer clips Vault segment as it starts with Shirley introducing the 1976 ABC Summer Colour TV ident. It's only about 20sec but a great snippet of TV history.

Hi Guru,

That ID of Shirley Strachan's was shown before, I'm not sure how long - last year or the year before. I definitely had a copy off a Rage broadcast before last night's airing. In any case, a wonderful bit of history right there.

Scott
In regard to Saturday morning Rage clips the first few were played from 8.30 and will be repeated Sunday morning from 5am. The 10.30am clips were great especially if your an Elton John admirer like myself. Elton clips played were Ego and one of my all time faves Part Time Love. No need to worry Michael as you will most likely have the chance to copy them from Monday morning around midnight on ABC3 ch 723 where the Saturday morning programming is replayed. Enjoy!

Thanks Scotty!

Scott
In regard to Saturday morning Rage clips the first few were played from 8.30 and will be repeated Sunday morning from 5am.

They'll also be repeated on ABC3 on both Tuesday and Thursday night.

So many repeats these days... but it's good if you miss or get a glitch in a recording of something.