Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage last week

Hi Did any body record rage last week I missed taping Marshall Hein Dancing in the City and Steve Harley Come up and see me....If any body recorded these in good quality would they be able to put them on you tube and let me know where to find them....thanks in advance..Also if you had a copy of the song animal Army as well Id appreciate that too

Re: Rage last week

John, I caught both of them. The Marshall Hein clip was a performance on the Dutch TV show TopPop, which is on youtube (though not ripped from rage):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjYgLIicqus

The Steve Harley clip was also a TV performance, but I haven't yet noticed/bothered to take note which one it's from - it's also on youtube (though not sourced from rage):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ4QoCskBN4

edit - turns out it's also from TopPop.

It's different to another version of the clip I have (I presume the actual video); this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpJ0cyXbMbI

Oh, and here's Babylon Zoo's 'Animal Army', ripped from rage from earlier this year, uploaded by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrBZB1CDtI

PS in case you didn't know, rage air a repeat (though not the full show) of Saturday night's guest programmer segment now on ABC1 on one night during the week - I think it's Tuesday night (technically Wednesday morning). The time is likely to vary slightly each week, so check your TV guide.

Wow both the top of the pops clips....I wonder where they would have got these from.? I was annoyed because I usually look out for any clips rage haven't played before and when I saw they played these I was peed I missed them..thanks for letting me know where to find them and yes I reckon your right that the other Steve Harley one would most likely be the original....the thing is for me that you tube only records in full screen mode for me so that any clips that are widescreen certainly play widescreen on a older 4:3 TV but when I played them on my brothers widescreen they were still widescreen but didn't
cover the whole screen, only the middle part of the TV.i asked the you tube people about it but they told me they didn't support it anymore...any ideas on what I need to do to be able to record them in 16:9 as they are supposed to be ,as every thing I have ever recorded from there except for 4:3 clips won't play properly on widescreen TV.... Except my computer of course which has stretching settings to stretch the picture but it's still not being recorded properly which is the problem.....any ideas you can come up with would be appreciated... πŸ˜€

And thanks for the info about the repeats of rage during the weekπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

John
Wow both the top of the pops clips....I wonder where they would have got these from.? I was annoyed because I usually look out for any clips rage haven't played before and when I saw they played these I was peed I missed them..thanks for letting me know where to find them and yes I reckon your right that the other Steve Harley one would most likely be the original....the thing is for me that you tube only records in full screen mode for me so that any clips that are widescreen certainly play widescreen on a older 4:3 TV but when I played them on my brothers widescreen they were still widescreen but didn't
cover the whole screen, only the middle part of the TV.i asked the you tube people about it but they told me they didn't support it anymore...any ideas on what I need to do to be able to record them in 16:9 as they are supposed to be ,as every thing I have ever recorded from there except for 4:3 clips won't play properly on widescreen TV.... Except my computer of course which has stretching settings to stretch the picture but it's still not being recorded properly which is the problem.....any ideas you can come up with would be appreciated... πŸ˜€

The show was TopPop, not Top of the Pops. TopPop is Dutch. I too wonder where they sourced those performances from, though they have aired a couple of other TopPop performances - Chic's 'Dance Dance Dance' is one I remember.

That's how 4:3 aspect ratio plays on a widescreen TV, unless it's either stretched horizontally to fill the 16:9 area (which I think looks awful), or cropped top and bottom to create pseudo-widescreen (which I also think looks awful as you're chopping off about a third of the picture). At first I hated it, but thanks to youtube, I'm used to it now, and seeing black bars left and right of the picture doesn't bother me. I'd rather see things in their original aspect ratio than distorted or enlarged (as rage does) to fit the full widescreen area.

Depending on your TV settings, you should be able to switch the aspect ratio display of the screen. My widescreen TV, for example, has an aspect ratio button on the remote control, where I can change the display from 16:9 to 4:3. The previous widescreen TV I had also had the option of 'original' aspect ratio, so one setting would display both 4:3 and 16:9 correctly without needing to toggle between them.

John
And thanks for the info about the repeats of rage during the weekπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

I just checked, and yes it's Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) that is a repeat of part of Saturday night's guest programmer.

Thanks Nathan for your response....it's hard to explain but it's not the 4:3 true picture I'm worried about that's fine on a widescreen TV..the problem I am having is with you tube 16:9 ...it's recording the videos in widescreen 16:9 widescreen but it's not recording them as true 16:9...when I watch the clip directly from you tube it's in true 16:9 and covers the whole widescreen screen...the problem is in the actual recording process I think...after recording a clip to DVDs that plays on you tube in true 16:9 it plays back as widescreen but doesn't cover the whole screen like it did before I recorded it...it's weird..it plays back with a much much smaller widescreen picture.....and ideas what's going on ?πŸ˜€

Hi John

Are you also interested in having the original videos as well? I have them in 4:3 plus they are absolutely clean, no watermarks. These are also not from Top Pop?

Yes thanks πŸ˜€ I emailed you

Did you get my email l ee?