Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author
Comment
Re: Every Monday night (Tuesday morning) on ABC1 now a Vault special

Playlist is on the website again - http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4805837.htm

ohnoitisnathan
Playlist is on the website again - http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4805837.htm
KIM WILDE "Hey Mister Headache"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That's very funny. But it's not a bad retro, a few clips in there that haven't seen the light of day for a very long time.

Haha, I missed the headache.
Great rare clip, even though they'll probably play it, and 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now', in the wrong aspect ratio.

**** it! Missed it again. Will pay good price for a copy of this. No black bars please.

Michael
**** it! Missed it again. Will pay good price for a copy of this. No black bars please.
Michael I have uploaded some of the videos to a file hosting site, but could also copy you it

Back to cr@p this week...

On the VAULT tonight Erykah Badu, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott , The Roots, Cody ChesnuTT, Common, Kanye West, John Legend and more. 1:15 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ROOTS, THE Distortion To Static
ROOTS, THE Proceed
ROOTS, THE feat. ERYKAH BADU You Got Me
ERYKAH BADU Didn't Cha Know
ERYKAH BADU Bag Lady
JILL SCOTT Gettin' In The Way
JILL SCOTT A Long Walk
LAURYN HILL Doo *** (That Thing)
LAURYN HILL Ex-Factor
LAURYN HILL Everything Is Everything
FUGEES, THE Killing Me Softly
FUGEES, THE Fu-Gee-La
FUGEES, THE Ready Or Not
REFUGEE CAMP ALLSTARS Rumble In The Jungle
DEAD PREZ Hip Hop
MOS DEF Miss Fat Booty
COMMON The Sixth Sense
BILAL Love It
BILAL Soul Sister
ROOTS, THE The Seed
CODY CHESTNUTT Look Good In Leather
KANYE WEST All Falls Down
KANYE WEST Through The Wire
KANYE WEST Jesus Walks
COMMON Testify
COMMON and THE LAST POETS The Corner
COMMON Go
JOHN LEGEND Ordinary People
JOHN LEGEND Used To Love U
JOHN LEGEND Number One

That is an awesome lineup of music. Right up my alley, so I will enjoy the hell out of that.

But I don't think it's really in the spirit of the "Vault" either. An easy rule of thumb for me - if the clips are from the 16:9 (widescreen) era, then they've come from the cupboard, not the vault.

Yeah, it's not that the music is awful (though it's not to my taste apart from Jill Scott), it's that it isn't Retro (or "Vault"). There needs to be a clear line drawn in the sand defining where "retro" begins. I would feasibly allow the Fugees/Lauryn Hill stuff from the 90s as the very newest, but absolutely not the stuff from the 2000s.

Sounds good Nathan. Would love a copy. Are you able to upload 'Shame' to Youtube? The only vid for it is the 'Blocked in the UK' and plays the song but the video is all over the place. I think it's the same with 'Circle in the Sand'. Can you upload that one too?

@Luuuuc - " if the clips are from the 16:9 (widescreen) era, then they've come from the cupboard, not the vault."

What about faux-widescreen letterboxed 4:3 clips which were the occasional rage in the '80s? :smiley:

Ummm... can I use the old school teacher copout and call that "the exception that proves the rule"? :wink:

Michael
Sounds good Nathan. Would love a copy. Are you able to upload 'Shame' to Youtube? The only vid for it is the 'Blocked in the UK' and plays the song but the video is all over the place. I think it's the same with 'Circle in the Sand'. Can you upload that one too?
Michael, I have burnt the recent late 80s female artists vault to disc for you and will send it with the other stuff you've been waiting ages for... once I get the retro month stuff sorted.

NICE!

Michael
NICE!
Now to make it to the post office...

The vault runs for just over 3 hours tonight... so let's have a dance special! Except it's another late 90s/early 00s special; the third one, in fact. Meanwhile, a late 80s/early 90s dance vault has never aired.

Tonight on the VAULT Roger Sanchez, Bob Sinclar, Paul Van Dyk, Junior Jack, Blank & Jones and more. 12:26 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

JS-16 Stomping System
MARK VAN DALE with ENRICO Water Wave
PERPETUAL MOTION Keep On Dancin'
666 Alarma!
LOCK'N'LOAD Blow Ya Mind
PIET BLANK and JASPA JONES After Love
PAUL VAN DYK Another Way
DJ JEAN The Launch
MARIO PIU Communication (Somebody Answer The Phone)
HI-GATE Pitchin' (In Every Direction)
FLICKMAN The Sound Of Bamboo
A.T.G.O.C. Repeated Love
SLACKER Scared
PM PROJECT You Know I Want You
MILK INC La Vache
MOVIN' MELODIES Rollerblade
TINA COUSINS Killing Time
R.O.O.S. Instant Moments
U.S.U.R.A. Open Your Mind '97
JAKATTA American Dream
EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL VS SOUL VISION Tracey In My Room
ROGER SANCHEZ Another Chance
BOB SINCLAR My Only Love
PETE HELLER Big Love
DE FUNK Pleasure Love
SUPERCAR Tonite
CEVIN FISHER Burning Up
ECLIPSE Makes Me Love You
BIG TIME CHARLIE On The Run
WISDOME Off The Wall (Enjoy Yourself)
NU GENERATION In Your Arms (Rescue Me)
PHATS and SMALL Tonite
JUNIOR JACK My Feeling
LOST 'N' ALIVE Everything I Play
LAWYER, THE I Wanna M M M
MECCAHEADZ Nightskool
LOVE CONNECTION The Bomb
SPILLER Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
WICKED PHUNKER Jungle Boogie
JAZZY M Jazzin' The Way You Know
LOVE BITE, THE Take Your Time
ROBBIE RIVERA presents RHYTHM BANGERS Bang
GROOVEZONE Eisbaer
STEVE 'SILK' HURLEY presents VOICES OF LIFE Word Is Love (Say The Word)
BAMBOO Bamboogie
WILDCHILD Renegade Master
SMASH 'N' GRAB Drive Me Crazy
RUN DMC vs JASON NEVINS It's Like That
NYCC - NEW YORK CITY CONNECTION Fight For Your Right (To Party)

Disappointing!

The post-January backlash continues.

As of 6.15pm Monday, 8 hours after it was posted, the Rage post on Facebook has only 40 'like' responses and just 3 comments, only one of which is vaguely complimentary. Compare this to true 70s & 80s retro nights, which often have hundreds upon hundreds of 'likes' and encouraging comments too many to count. I think it's quite obvious what the Rage watchers really want.

I've been suggesting a Vault with many of these clips for a few years now. I'm definitely someone who is interested in this particular Vault as it features dance and electronica videos from the late 90s/early 00s that were played during the 4:30AM timeslot on rage. It would appeal more to a niche cult audience and I didn't expect it would have too many likes and comments. Though I'm glad they are catering for this particular genre. If Nathan reads this, there is an opportunity to grab many rare clips that haven't been shown in years and are not available on Youtube, such as...

LOCK'N'LOAD Blow Ya Mind (UK #6, Aus #45)
A.T.G.O.C. Repeated Love (UK #38)
EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL VS SOUL VISION Tracey In My Room (UK #34)
SMASH 'N' GRAB Drive Me Crazy (Aus #45)

There might be a few more there as well, however, those are the ones I am aware of that are not on Youtube and haven't been aired in many years.

^ I did read this. My gripe wasn't so much that this was being shown, just that they've now done 3 late 90s/early 00s dance/electronic music specials, but haven't touched the late 80s/early 90s for a dance-themed vault. There are some clips shown on tonight's show that I intend to keep. There are several that I don't know, though (at least by title). Good for you that they're showing multiple clips they have been asking for.

A late 80s/early 90s dance Vault would be nice. I'm not too familiar with many music videos from that particular era, otherwise I would suggest some to rage. But I do like dance music from the late 80s/early 90s, such as house, hip house, acid house, italo house etc. I would recommend coming up with a list of clips as suggestions from that era that you would like to see and posting it as a comment in the Vault posts. I posted my list of suggestions approximately every 3 months for a couple of years or so. It took a long time but they at least kept some of these clips in mind for tonight's Vault. It seems as though they keep suggestions for many years. I've noticed that they occasionally play rare clips that were suggested from years ago, even from the rage message board days.

I'm relieved. Another week not trying to find a spare 3 hours on the HDD.

Jason D.
A late 80s/early 90s dance Vault would be nice. I'm not too familiar with many music videos from that particular era, otherwise I would suggest some to rage. But I do like dance music from the late 80s/early 90s, such as house, hip house, acid house, italo house etc. I would recommend coming up with a list of clips as suggestions from that era that you would like to see and posting it as a comment in the Vault posts. I posted my list of suggestions approximately every 3 months for a couple of years or so. It took a long time but they at least kept some of these clips in mind for tonight's Vault. It seems as though they keep suggestions for many years. I've noticed that they occasionally play rare clips that were suggested from years ago, even from the rage message board days.
Yes, rage do seem to keep requests for many years. Several videos I suggested on the website forum in 2010 or earlier were shown during the Saturday night vault special in 2016.

Almost exclusively Triple J rubbish tonight... again. I'm not even sure what the theme is, other than 90s alternative.

Tonight on the VAULT The Rollins Band​, Helmet​, Frank Black​, TISM, Dirty Three​, Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Reels​, Died Pretty​, Screamfeeder, Magic Dirt Official and more. 12:26 am on ABC TV​. Playlist below.

ROLLINS BAND Liar
PAW J.E.S.S.I.E.
HELMET In The Meantime
MUDHONEY Here Comes Sickness
BABES IN TOYLAND Sweet 69
FRANK BLACK Headache
BUFFALO TOM Soda Jerk
SUPERCHUNK Driveway To Driveway
SMUDGE Superhero
SCREAMFEEDER Fill Yourself With Music
CROW Railhead
FALL, THE Victoria
BATS, THE Smoking Her Wings
GO-BETWEENS, THE Your Turn, My Turn
TACTICS Second Language
SIOUXSIE and THE BANSHEES Spellbound
DIED PRETTY Stoneage Cinderella
ALEX CHILTON Lies
MORPHINE Buena
KIM SALMON and THE SURREALISTS I Won't Tell
BEASTS OF BOURBON Cool Fire
DIRTY THREE, THE Everything's ****ed
ROBERT FORSTER Cryin' Love
ED KUEPPER Not A Soul Around
REELS, THE Bad Moon Rising
ANDY PRIEBOY Tomorrow Wendy
LUSH De-Luxe
CLOUDS, THE Hieronymus
FALLING JOYS, THE Lock It
G W McLENNAN Surround Me
HUMMINGBIRDS, THE Get On Down
RATCAT That Ain't Bad
MEANIES, THE Scum
MARK OF CAIN, THE Interloper
TUMBLEWEED Gyroscope
HOSS The Tiredest Man Awake
MAGIC DIRT Redhead
SPIDERBAIT Jesus
CUSTARD Singlette
POP WILL EAT ITSELF Bulletproof
TISM Defecate On My Face
HEADLESS CHICKENS Gaskrankinstation
SKUNKHOUR Up To Our Necks In It
CALIGULA Roundabout
TIDDAS Ignorance Is Bliss
KEV CARMODY and THE TIDDAS On the Wire

Agreed, another very poor Vault if you're a mainstream pop fan.
I can't discern a theme either, and there are a couple of random eighties songs in there (The Reels, Siouxsie & The Banshees) that don't seem to belong to any theme.

The Monday night vaults seem to be a little longer this year. I can't wait for 3 hours of classic 70s & 80s.

RetroTragic
The Monday night vaults seem to be a little longer this year. I can't wait for 3 hours of classic 70s & 80s.
They'll save that for the 30 minute episodes.

Ed Kuepper and The Reels... those clips have not been played for a long time, I'll take that. Maybe not most of the rest though. Shame they couldn't play the Clouds "Anthem" or "Alchemy's Dead" since those two clips were curiously omitted from their GP last year. It probably means they have lost those clips :white_frowning_face:

Clip Magnet
Ed Kuepper and The Reels... those clips have not been played for a long time, I'll take that. Maybe not most of the rest though. Shame they couldn't play the Clouds "Anthem" or "Alchemy's Dead" since those two clips were curiously omitted from their GP last year. It probably means they have lost those clips :white_frowning_face:
The Reels' clip last aired in October 2016, and has had a few airings on rage before then.

Next weeks's how is another approx. 3 hour episode.

1986 special tonight:

Tonight on the VAULT Tina Turner, Toto, Genesis, Van Halen, Huey Lewis & The News, Heart, Thompson Twins, Erasure, George Michael, Lionel Richie, John Mellencamp and more. 12:23 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

SCRITTI POLITTI Perfect Way
THOMPSON TWINS King For A Day
LEVEL 42 Something About You
ARCADIA Election Day
VAN HALEN Why Can't This Be Love
EDDIE MONEY Take Me Home Tonight
GLASS TIGER Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
HEART These Dreams
MR. MISTER Kyrie
GENESIS Invisible Touch
ROD STEWART Love Touch
TINA TURNER Typical Male
TOTO I'll Be Over You
FORCE MD'S Tender Love
LIONEL RICHIE Love Will Conquer All
BORIS GARDINER I Wanna Wake Up With You
DIONNE WARWICK and FRIENDS That's What Friends Are For
JANET JACKSON When I Think Of You
MIAMI SOUND MACHINE Bad Boy
SHEILA E and PRINCE A Love Bizarre
DAVID GRANT and JAKI GRAHAM Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
SADE The Sweetest Taboo
ANITA BAKER Sweet Love
PATTI LA BELLE and MICHAEL McDONALD On My Own
MADONNA True Blue
GEORGE MICHAEL A Different Corner
WHAM I'm Your Man
ERASURE Oh L'Amour
ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK If You Leave
HUMAN LEAGUE, THE Human
HOWARD JONES No One Is To Blame
STEVIE NICKS Talk To Me
KIM CARNES Divided Hearts
KATE BUSH Experiment IV
JOE COCKER You Can Leave Your Hat On
JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A. (A Salute To 60's Rock)
HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS Stuck With You
STEVE WINWOOD Higher Love
ROBERT PALMER Didn't Mean To Turn You On
JAMES BROWN Living In America
ZZ TOP Sleeping Bag

Not bad! Nothing rare but it's a nice enough selection.
'Could It Be I'm Falling In Love' is more than 6 months early for 1986 though (May 1985 in Australia).

I checked, and this is actually the second 1986 vault they've had! The last one was on 14 November last year, so not even that long ago, but was only about half as long. There are a couple of repeated clips, though ('Human', 'I Didn't Mean To Turn You On', 'Talk To Me').

This means they're not averse to repeating years for specials.

3 hours of 80s Rage - fantastic! Not 30 minutes, Nathan :smile: . Looks like they're extending Vault nights this year .... whoo hoo!

Nice - rage has never played Scritti Politti "Perfect Way" although it was a clip in one of the Countdowns played this year.

Rage don't seem to have "Hypnotize" in their library (also from Scritti Politti's first album), they've never played it. Nor any of the clips from Scritti Politti's subsequent albums. A couple of the later clips are really rare.

Looks like another soundtrack special tonight:

Tonight on the VAULT Queen, Rick Springfield, Urge Overkill, Supremes Black Sabbath, Violent Femmes, Iggy Pop, The Runaways, Chris Isaak, Nine Inch Nails, Underworld and more. 1:24 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA Livin' Thing
SNIFF 'N' THE TEARS Driver's Seat
NIGHT RANGER Sister Christian
RICK SPRINGFIELD Jessie's Girl
STEALERS WHEEL Stuck In The Middle
SUPREMES, THE Baby Love
URGE OVERKILL Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
CHRIS ISAAK Wicked Game
NINE INCH NAILS Burn
COWBOY JUNKIES Sweet Jane
CONCRETE BLONDE Everybody Knows
NICK CAVE and THE BAD SEEDS Red Right Hand
CRASH TEST DUMMIES Mmm Mmm Mmm
TODD RUNDGREN Can We Still Be Friends
THUNDERCLAP NEWMAN Something In The Air
SWEET, THE Fox On The Run
RUNAWAYS, THE Cherry Bomb
BLACK SABBATH Paranoid
KISS God Gave Rock and Roll To You II
QUEEN Bohemian Rhapsody
LEMONHEADS, THE Mrs Robinson
VIOLENT FEMMES, THE Blister In The Sun
BEAT, THE Mirror In The Bathroom
SPECIALS, THE A Message To You Rudy
QUEEN featuring DAVID BOWIE Under Pressure
IGGY POP Lust For Life
UNDERWORLD Born Slippy
FAITHLESS Don't Leave
PRIMITIVE RADIO GODS Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth...
JIM CARREY Somebody To Love

Being a 90s 00s and post noughties Dance music freak I always welcome Dance Vault including 80s Funk and 70s DISCO
Unfortunately from what I noticed they tend to focus on the successful dance tracks of the late 90s like ATB 9pm till I come ALICE DEEJAY do u think your better off alone and many others however the Dance Vault they did on the first Monday of march contained a lot of forgotten rare videos like FLICKMAN the sound of Bamboo ATGOC repeated love DATURA open your mind 97 MARIO PIU somebody answer the phone and the absolute gorgeous biggest club banger was DJ JEAN get ready for the launch
I have nothing but never ending thanks to the ABC for making me the club idol I once was πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€those were the videos that kept awake all through the night beginning with Fridays new releases after 04:30am and Saturday nights at Oxford street DCM nightclubs then Sunday night at EP1 underground club in Kings Cross the best days of my life

Marco

Being a 90s 00s and post noughties Dance music freak I always welcome Dance Vault including 80s Funk and 70s DISCO
Unfortunately from what I noticed they tend to focus on the successful dance tracks of the late 90s like ATB 9pm till I come ALICE DEEJAY do u think your better off alone and many others however the Dance Vault they did on the first Monday of march contained a lot of forgotten rare videos like FLICKMAN the sound of Bamboo ATGOC repeated love DATURA open your mind 97 MARIO PIU somebody answer the phone and the absolute gorgeous biggest club banger was DJ JEAN get ready for the launch
I have nothing but never ending thanks to the ABC for making me the club idol I once was πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€those were the videos that kept awake all through the night beginning with Fridays new releases after 04:30am and Saturday nights at Oxford street DCM nightclubs then Sunday night at EP1 underground club in Kings Cross the best days of my life

Marco

ohnoitisnathan
The vault runs for just over 3 hours tonight... so let's have a dance special! Except it's another late 90s/early 00s special; the third one, in fact. Meanwhile, a late 80s/early 90s dance vault has never aired.

Tonight on the VAULT Roger Sanchez, Bob Sinclar, Paul Van Dyk, Junior Jack, Blank & Jones and more. 12:26 am on ABC TV. Playlist below.

JS-16 Stomping System
MARK VAN DALE with ENRICO Water Wave
PERPETUAL MOTION Keep On Dancin'
666 Alarma!
LOCK'N'LOAD Blow Ya Mind
PIET BLANK and JASPA JONES After Love
PAUL VAN DYK Another Way
DJ JEAN The Launch
MARIO PIU Communication (Somebody Answer The Phone)
HI-GATE Pitchin' (In Every Direction)
FLICKMAN The Sound Of Bamboo
A.T.G.O.C. Repeated Love
SLACKER Scared
PM PROJECT You Know I Want You
MILK INC La Vache
MOVIN' MELODIES Rollerblade
TINA COUSINS Killing Time
R.O.O.S. Instant Moments
U.S.U.R.A. Open Your Mind '97
JAKATTA American Dream
EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL VS SOUL VISION Tracey In My Room
ROGER SANCHEZ Another Chance
BOB SINCLAR My Only Love
PETE HELLER Big Love
DE FUNK Pleasure Love
SUPERCAR Tonite
CEVIN FISHER Burning Up
BIG TIME CHARLIE On The Run
WISDOME Off The Wall (Enjoy Yourself)
NU GENERATION In Your Arms (Rescue Me)
PHATS and SMALL Tonite
JUNIOR JACK My Feeling
LAWYER, THE I Wanna M M M
MECCAHEADZ Nightskool
LOVE CONNECTION The Bomb
SPILLER Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)
JAZZY M Jazzin' The Way You Know
LOVE BITE, THE Take Your Time
ROBBIE RIVERA presents RHYTHM BANGERS Bang
GROOVEZONE Eisbaer
STEVE 'SILK' HURLEY presents VOICES OF LIFE Word Is Love (Say The Word)
BAMBOO Bamboogie
WILDCHILD Renegade Master
SMASH 'N' GRAB Drive Me Crazy
RUN DMC vs JASON NEVINS It's Like That
NYCC - NEW YORK CITY CONNECTION Fight For Your Right (To Party)
I have nothing but never ending thanks to the ABC for making me the club idol I once was πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€those were the videos that kept awake all through the night beginning with Fridays new releases after 04:30am and Saturday nights at Oxford street DCM nightclubs then Sunday night at EP1 underground club in Kings Cross under the blue green lazer lights all night til the morning comes up the best days of my life

Marco

Last week's show was a Faith No More special, with the playlist posted on the website.

This week looks like a mostly-90s female artists special... with the Tracy Chapman song (1989) being the only exception, I think.

On the VAULT tonight Fiona Apple, Tracy Bonham, Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, Susanna Hoffs, Suzanne Vega, Wild Strawberries, Jewel, Paula Cole, Patty Griffin and more. 1:14 am on ABC TV.

BETH ORTON Touch Me With Your Love
FIONA APPLE Across The Universe
SARAH MCLACHLAN Adia
SUZANNE VEGA Blood Makes Noise
TRACY CHAPMAN Crossroads
SUSANNA HOFFS All I Want
PAT BENATAR Painted Desert
WILD STRAWBERRIES Trampoline
MEREDITH BROOKS What Would Happen
MORCHEEBA Trigger Hippie
NATALIE MERCHANT feat. N'DEA DAVENPORT Break Your Heart
PAULA COLE Where Have All The Cowboys Gone
SARAH MCLACHLAN Sweet Surrender
HOLLY COLE I've Just Seen A Face
ABRA MOORE Four Leaf Clover
JILL SOBULE Bitter
TRACY BONHAM Mother Mother
TRACY BONHAM Sharks Can't Sleep
K'S CHOICE Not An Addict
JOAN OSBORNE One Of Us
SHERYL CROW Strong Enough
SHERYL CROW If It Makes You Happy
JULIANA HATFIELD THREE My Sister
LISA LOEB Stay
JEWEL You Were Meant For Me
SHAWN COLVIN Sunny Came Home
PATTY GRIFFIN Chief
VICTORIA WILLIAMS Train Song (Demise Of The Caboose)
INDIGO GIRLS Shame On You
ALANA DAVIS 32 Flavors
ALISHA'S ATTIC Indestructible
CARDIGANS, THE Your New Cuckoo

The song that drew my attention was:

PAT BENATAR Painted Desert

... which is off the 1984 album, Tropico.

I've only just watched this... a bit of a country-esque theme as well.

The legendary Nile Rodgers is the subject of our VAULT tonight. Tune in to see CHIC, David Bowie, INXS, The B-52's, Diana Ross, Duran Duran, Madonna, Modjo, The Notorious B.I.G. and more. 1:13 am on ABC TV.

CHIC Le Freak
SISTER SLEDGE He's The Greatest Dancer
DIANA ROSS Upside Down
SUGAR HILL GANG Rapper’s Delight
CHIC Dance, Dance, Dance
SISTER SLEDGE We Are Family
DIANA ROSS My Old Piano
DEBORAH HARRY Backfired
WILL POWERS Kissing With Confidence
WILL POWERS Smile
LAURIE ANDERSON Language Is A Virus
GRACE JONES I'm Not Perfect (But I'm Perfect For You)
B-52'S, THE Roam
MADONNA Like A Virgin
MADONNA Dress You Up
DURAN DURAN Wild Boys
DURAN DURAN Notorious
INXS Original Sin
DAVID BOWIE Let's Dance
DAVID BOWIE Modern Love
KIM CARNES Invitation To Dance
AL JARREAU Moonlighting
AL JARREAU Tell Me What I Gotta Do
HALL and OATES Adult Education
MODJO Lady (Hear Me Tonight)
ALCAZAR Crying At The Discotheque
JUNIOR JACK My Feeling
WILL SMITH Gettin' Jiggy Wit It
TONY TOUCH I Wonder Why (He's The Greatest DJ)
FAITH EVANS Love Like This
MC LYTE Cold Rock A Party
NOTORIOUS B.I.G. feat PUFF DADDY and MASE Mo Money Mo Problems

Brilliant episode! Nile is such a funkin' legend.

Tonight seems to be an extended version of their "1993" mini-Vault from Saturday morning; although some of the tracks are actually from 1992, and one (Yesteday, When I Was Mad) was not a single until 1994.

Tune in to the VAULT tonight for RuPaul, Neneh Cherry, Soul II Soul, Ace of Base, De La Soul, Stereo MCs, Lenny Kravitz, Prince, Depeche Mode, Annie Lennox, Peter Gabriel, New Order and more. 12:20 am on ABC TV.

URBAN COOKIE COLLECTIVE Feels Like Heaven
CUT 'N' MOVE Give It Up
ACE OF BASE All That She Wants
M PEOPLE Moving On Up
CULTURE BEAT Got To Get It
2 UNLIMITED No Limit
U.S.U.R.A. Open Your Mind
FELIX Don't You Want Me
UTAH SAINTS What Can You Do For Me
DEEP FOREST Deep Forest
D:REAM U R The Best Thing
PET SHOP BOYS Yesterday, When I Was Mad
KWS Please Don't Go
DEEE-LITE Runaway
SUB SUB Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use)
RUPAUL Back To My Roots
EFUA Somewhere
JIMMY NAIL Ain't No Doubt
LEFTFIELD/LYDON Open Up
JAMES BROWN Can't Get Any Harder
STEREO MC's Connected
OUI 3 Break From The Old Routine
CREDIT TO THE NATION Call It What You Want
SHABBA RANKS feat. MAXI PRIEST Housecall
SHINEHEAD Jamaican In New York
SNOW Informer
FU-SCHNICKENS with SHAQUILLE O'NEAL What's Up Doc?
ONYX Slam
CYPRESS HILL Insane In The Brain
HOUSE OF PAIN Shamrock and Shenanigans
NAUGHTY BY NATURE It's On
DE LA SOUL Breakadawn
SWV Right Here (Human Nature Mix)
ZHANE Hey Mr DJ
NENEH CHERRY Buddy X
SOUL II SOUL Wish
SHARA NELSON One Goodbye In Ten
GABRIELLE Dreams
CHARLES and EDDIE Would I Lie To You
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY Do You Love Me Like You Say
LENNY KRAVITZ Heaven Help
JAMIROQUAI Too Young To Die
PRINCE 7
PETER GABRIEL Digging In The Dirt
ANNIE LENNOX Little Bird
DEPECHE MODE Condemnation
NEW ORDER Regret
U2 Lemon

Looks like grunge s h i t tonight.

Coming up on the VAULT tonight Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Shawn Smith, Alice in Chains and Screaming Trees and more. 1:09 am on ABC TV.

PEARL JAM Alive
PEARL JAM Oceans
PEARL JAM Jeremy
PEARL JAM Better Man (Live)
PEARL JAM Hail, Hail (Live)
PEARL JAM Animal (Live)
PEARL JAM Do The Evolution
PEARL JAM Even Flow
PEARL JAM Go
MOTHER LOVE BONE Stardog Champion
SOUNDGARDEN Hands All Over
SOUNDGARDEN My Wave
SOUNDGARDEN Black Hole Sun
TEMPLE OF THE DOG Hunger Strike
BRAD 20th Century
PIGEONHED Ain't It So
MARK LANEGAN House A Home
MAD SEASON Long Gone Day
MAD SEASON I Don't Know Anything
ALICE IN CHAINS Would?
ALICE IN CHAINS No Excuses
ALICE IN CHAINS Heaven Beside You
ALICE IN CHAINS What The Hell Have I?
SCREAMING TREES Nearly Lost You
SCREAMING TREES Butterfly
SCREAMING TREES Dollar Bill
THREE FISH Laced
SATCHEL Suffering
BRAD The Day Brings
PEARL JAM Love Boat Captain
PEARL JAM I Am Mine
EDDIE VEDDER Hard Sun

I *like* grunge s h i t because it saves me time not watching it and hard disk space not recording it :laughing:

Seattle grunge isn't it? Out of those I can only barely tolerate Soundgarden, so certainly won't be bothering. I guess they felt we got our "pop" with Wa Wa Nee, they never like to give us too much and the default is always Triple J style rock.

Oh, I can tolerate these artists in small doses. Just, it's the same Triple J-ish 'grunge was the best music ever' playlist you'd see on rage all the time.

Looks like a hair metal special tonight...

On the VAULT tonight: RATT, Poison, Motley Crue, Stryper, WARRANT, Dokken, Faster *****cat, Quiet Riot and more. 12:21 am on ABC TV.

RATT I Want A Woman
RATT Wanted Man
RATT Way Cool Jr.
RATT Back For More
DOKKEN Heaven Sent
DOKKEN Into The Fire
DOKKEN The Hunter
MOTLEY CRUE You're All I Need
MOTLEY CRUE Smokin' In The Boys Room
MOTLEY CRUE Home Sweet Home
WARRANT Sometimes She Cries
WARRANT Down Boys
WARRANT Heaven
WARRANT Big Talk
WARRANT Cherry Pie
QUIET RIOT Bang Your Head
FASTER PU$$YCAT House Of Pain
FASTER PU$$YCAT Poison Ivy
HURRICANE Next To You
STRYPER Always There For You
STRYPER Calling On You
POISON Talk Dirty To Me
POISON Nothin' But A Good Time
CINDERELLA Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)
CINDERELLA Gypsy Road
CINDERELLA Shake Me
CINDERELLA Nobody's Fool
WINGER Madalaine
WINGER Headed For A Heartbreak
WINGER Miles Away

Interestingly, when I looked ahead at the TV guide last week, to see how long the vault episode would run for this week, it was originally scheduled to run for just over 3 hours. But last night I saw that the final hour of this had been replaced with yet another re-run of the rage 30 special! How many times does the ABC think we need to see this?!

Next week's Vault playlist has been posted on the rage website already!

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4842304.htm

It's only a short episode. The theme seems to be music videos directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino.

1:00am

DON HENLEY Boys Of Summer (Sony)
TOM WAITS Downtown Train (Polydor)
CHRIS ISAAK You Owe Me Some Kind Of Love (Warner)
RITA MITSOUKO C'est Comme Ca (Virgin)
BRYAN FERRY Don't Stop The Dance (Island Records)

1:30am

BRYAN FERRY Slave To Love (Polydor)
DAVID BOWIE Never Let Me Down (EMI)
STING Russians ()
NICK KAMEN Each Time You Break My Heart (WEA)
PRINCE I Wish You Heaven (Warner)
JILL JONES Mia Bocca ()
MADONNA Justify My Love (Warner)

2:00am

NENEH CHERRY I've Got You Under My Skin (Virgin)
NENEH CHERRY Manchild (Virgin)
BOY GEORGE To Be Reborn (Virgin)
SCRITTI POLITTI Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin) (Virgin)

1979 seems to be the theme tonight.

Tonight on the VAULT Supertramp, Cheap Trick, Toto, Rickie Lee Jones, Rose Royce, Hot Chocolate (Band), Sparks, Gary Numan Official, Devo, Jean-Michel Jarre, Badfinger, Pretenders and more. 1:08 am on ABC TV.

SUPERTRAMP The Logical Song
SUPERTRAMP Breakfast In America
CHEAP TRICK I Want You To Want Me
BADFINGER Love Is Gonna Come At Last
GERRY RAFFERTY Get It Right Next Time
DUNCAN BROWNE The Wild Places
DIRE STRAITS Wild West End
EDDIE MONEY Maybe I'm A Fool
TOTO Georgy Porgy
DOOBIE BROTHERS, THE What A Fool Believes
RARE EARTH Warm Ride
GEORGE BENSON Love Ballad
RICKIE LEE JONES Young Blood
BOBBY CALDWELL What You Won't Do For Love
ROSE ROYCE Love Don't Live Here Anymore
ERUPTION One Way Ticket
DOBIE GRAY You Can Do It
EDWIN STARR H.A.P.P.Y. Radio
EARTH, WIND AND FIRE Boogie Wonderland
CHRIS REA Fool (If You Think It's Over)
PAUL EVANS Hello, This Is Joannie
MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND You Angel You
ROXY MUSIC Dance Away
SPARKS The Number One Song In Heaven
JEAN MICHEL JARRE Equinoxe V
HOT CHOCOLATE Going Through The Motions
DENNIS PARKER Like An Eagle
PATRICK HERNANDEZ Born To Be Alive
M Pop Muzik
THE KORGIS Young 'N' Russian
UK SQUEEZE Cool For Cats
GARY NUMAN I Die: You Die
DEVO (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
CARS, THE My Best Friend's Girl
PETER TOSH and MICK JAGGER Don't Look Back
ELVIS COSTELLO Oliver's Army
PRETENDERS, THE Talk Of The Town
POLICE, THE Can't Stand Losing You

I bet they'll play the '97 version of the Sparks song, though.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14