Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown jingle found on the end of an audio reel to reel tape of radio 5KA jingles!

Hi everyone,

Gees, it's been ages since I was last here wasn't it..few things have taken place, some good, some bad, but I'm fine.

I just wanted to share this tasty morsel with you - I recently acquired several audio reels of old radio 5KA jingles and just as I'm about to rewind one tape, a Countdown jingle appeared right on the very end. I quickly dubbed it over as the tape was rapidly falling to pieces and just managed to save it all.

I've uploaded it at this link for you guys to hear. Left-clicking this link will stream it to you. Enjoy! It's a bit noisy so I can only guess it's a copy tape - I doubt the ABC would've thrown out a short tape with only one of their jingles on it, but if this was the master, I don't mind sending it back to the ABC. Yet to determine though if it's a master or copy tape.

Here it is anyway.

Countdown Jingle

Re: Countdown jingle found on the end of an audio reel to reel tape of radio 5KA jingles!

That's a nice surprise. Would have been better to be an audio recording of an episode but we shouldn't be too greedy. They had pretty much that same jingle for years, do you know what year it is from?

Re: Countdown jingle found on the end of an audio reel to reel tape of radio 5KA jingles!

Guru Bob
That's a nice surprise. Would have been better to be an audio recording of an episode but we shouldn't be too greedy. They had pretty much that same jingle for years, do you know what year it is from?

Hi Guru,

I'm not too sure but it was on the same reel as a 1978 jingle package - the countdown jingle is certainly older than that though.