Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stock Aitken And waterman Inquiry

Hey Gavin,
i loved the list thanks for including Carol Hitchcock Loved Get Ready.Would love Carol to perform it .

Cheers,
Adam

Michael
rage should do a SAW special on a Saturday night. Hey, isn't it 30 years ago that SAW came onto the scene? ie Dead or Alive's 'You Spin Me Round'?

I know it may alienate some viewers, but f@#k, look at what's on this Saturday night!

I would love a rage S/A/W night. They kindly did an hour of (mostly) S/A/W 'rarities' (after Jason, myself, and a few others pestered them to do so) after Rick Astley's guest programming in December 2012; but that was during the awful watermark-in-the-4:3-area era.

Sadly, I think the best chance of rage doing a 'S/A/W' night would be if Pete Waterman (or maybe Mike Stock; I doubt Matt Aitken would be sufficient) croaks; and even then, I doubt they'd devote a full night to their music. I'd love to be proved wrong, though

Rage haven't had a Vault special (full night) yet this year. Maybe we should plant the idea of doing a S/A/W Vault special Though TBH, I'd rather they dug out some rarer stuff than just re-hashing the common Kylie & Rick Astley etc. videos.

The only other possibility I could foresee would be if Pete Waterman were to somehow program a night of rage. Does he ever come here?

Michael
I know it may alienate some viewers, but f@#k, look at what's on this Saturday night!

Oh, last weekend's rage was appalling! The only good thing about it was that at least I didn't need to clear space on my meager 80GB HDD/DVD Recorder to record it.

I just saw NIcki French who worked with Stock and Aitken on her version of Total Eclipse of The Heart. Nicki has worked with Mike Stock again on her new single This Love. It will be released by locally by Central Station Records.

Cheers,
Adam

Hey Guys,
Demon Music group in the UK is released a SAW box set next month titled say I'm Your Number One. It is a 3 cd set with Get Ready By Carol Hitchcock, Divine and Laura Branigan's Shattered Glass.

Cheers,
Adam