Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No Classic Top 20 chart this week

Looks like RAGE is not playing a classic Top 20 Chart this week.
:(
They're going with a late 90's selection instead.

Oh, but they're still playing the crappy current Top 20.

Re: No Classic Top 20 chart this week

Yes, I assumed the top 20 last week was going to be a one-off. I'm not too bothered about it though, because usually there's quite a lot of common clips in the top 20 anyway.

And yes, they're back to the 'let's play clips from the Vault we always play anyway' mode this week

Not liking the current Top 20 format. Why don't they just put the chart number next to the title of song and artist as they used to have it. Rather than preceding with the chart number then showing the video.

Michael
Not liking the current Top 20 format. Why don't they just put the chart number next to the title of song and artist as they used to have it. Rather than preceding with the chart number then showing the video.

I think because they don't manually add the artist/title superscript over the videos these days; they just air an already-digitised, already-with-superscripts video instead. You may have noticed that when they aired that 1987 top 20 the weekend before last that they re-encoded ALL of the videos (with that larger letters format they've been using since 2012, even though several of the videos have aired before in the old digital format rage used to encode them in) so they could have a # next to the artist/song title. If they had to do that every week for a changing top 20, I'm sure it would become tiring/they could have spend the time on other stuff.

Thanks. It's a tricky business they're in!