Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Moir Sisters tribute on rage :-)

Guru Bob
brett
Saturday morning 7th Feb:

09:30am

MOON DUO Animal (Sacred Bones Records)
THE MOIR SISTERS Good Morning (on GTK, 1974) ()
NATIONAL MUSIC INDUSTRY AWARDS February 28th, 1975 (Rage)
THE MOIR SISTERS Interview on GTK, 1975 (Rage)
THE MOIR SISTERS So Excited ()
JOHN FARNHAM You're The Voice (Live on Countdown, 1986) ()
MARGOT MOIR Scarlet Skies ()
DRALMS Crushed Pleats (Fat Possum)
LXURY featuring DEPTFORD GOTH Square 1 (Greco Roman)

10:00am

Wow, that is an amazing tribute for what was really only an artist with minimal chart success but spent a long time in the music industry. Whoever put this together at Rage is doing a brilliant job.

I wonder if the National Music Industry Awards segment will show Ian Miller collecting the award for producer of the year - I know he won it but don't know if it was on this show. He had been enjoyable company at a few Hawthorn games until he passed away in 2009.

Also hope it is the clip for So Excited as I have only ever seen the short snippet on Countdown once.

I agree there Guru - a very good segment and thanks for the direct reminder, I probably would have forgotten to record it without that.

I will check that 1975 Music Industry Awards show for Ian Miller for you, I do have the whole show stored away in my mountain of DVDs. Come to think of it, I am not sure why they do not show the whole thing in retro month at some stage, it is interesting to watch now and it does include those brief wiped Countdown snippets from 1974. Renee Geyers performance from the same show also aired again this year (and Skyhooks "Horror Movie" has in the past which is a brilliant clip of them!!)

With regards to Joe Cocker, well as much as I like him I am with Rage on this one, it is not a tribute show, and they sure as hell must have been sick of that same one guy asking over and over in facebook all the time. Time to draw the line somewhere. There is only a limited amount of footage to show anyway, much of it very grainy. What they obviously missed was showing the 1986 Countdown that he hosted, now that would have been appropriate.