Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COUNTDOWN = Septembet 21st, 1986 will be aired this Wednesday night at 9:30 pm on ABC 3

The September 21st, 1986 episode of Countdown which was cut last weekend will be played on Wednesday night at 9:30pm on ABC 3 ''''

Re: COUNTDOWN = Septembet 21st, 1986 will be aired this Wednesday night at 9:30 pm on ABC 3

Bloody awesome. I've never seen this one. Sunday 21st September 1986 was three days after my 17th B'day, and this was the day we got a new IBM XT computer. My father had already messed up the dos settings, and thus Windows 1.1 wouldn't boot. Being the 17 year old, I was suppose to be the whiz to sort it all out, many long hours that sunday night, thus I had totally missed that edition of countdown, so this will be the first time I'll ever see this episode. :) :)

Well done everyone, for getting this one aired. much appreciated.

Re: COUNTDOWN = Septembet 21st, 1986 will be aired this Wednesday night at 9:30 pm on ABC 3

Just saw the rage reply on facebook. Geez), they've served us well on this one!

Yes, A big thank you to everyone that helped get the cut CountDown episode to be played.

Good to know when it will air.

****! I missed this. The Facebook post only just showed up on my feed (10 hours late). Could I beg someone for a copy please?

Poison Pen in the studio......freakin awesome.

What's the colour of Money...very rarely played clip nowadays....

Chad Lofts
****! I missed this. The Facebook post only just showed up on my feed (10 hours late). Could I beg someone for a copy please?

I always check the Facebook page directly; I never rely (and seldom even look at) on my 'feed'. I imagine there'll be a bunch of others who experienced the same mishap.

ohnoitisnathan
Chad Lofts

I always check the Facebook page directly; I never rely (and seldom even look at) on my 'feed'. I imagine there'll be a bunch of others who experienced the same mishap.

As soon at Retro Month is finish I don't usually look at the Rage fb page very much. A few weeks ago it would have been a different story.

Great to see an episode that truly sticks in my mind. In this case it was one of those rare creatures, an episode that I DID NOT see at my home. I was on holidays at Burleigh Heads at the time (first time in a long time that my family stayed at a hotel with a television too) and remember racing off the the headland to catch the show on time, and in record time I might add, so this one will always be on my mind in a special way.

As for the episode itself some real rarities, as indicated by others, loved the Hoodoo Gurus performance (great harp solo always a 'selling point' in any song for me at the time - it is the reason I love "Missionary Man" so much), Great Crowded House tune a real sing-a-long, Dragon with a real strong song to follow this up with and "Venus" to close the show out, what more could I want - not very much I DID remark to my late Father at the time. Great to feel like that suntanned teenager again as well.

A great month is at it's end and a good 'extra time' had by all, so in a crazy back-handed way thanks to the Socceroos and the Qld Electoral Commission to give us this extra special treat, but don't make a habit of it ok.

Chad Lofts

I've offered Chad a run off of the Sep 1986 ep, so just thought I'll let the rest of the forum know to prevent any crosstalk.

Cheers.