Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rage Retro Week 5 playlist published - looks pretty good

Ok, I'm on Facebook and have just posted a message asking Rage to air this on Thursday - be terrible to wait a whole year for this one........

Must admit I dread January sometimes as sports ALWAYS gets shown on a Saturday night (funny how it is NEVER shown any other time of the year!) So as a consequence if a sports match runs overtime everything else gets the wipe. And it's correct that the ABC could easily not air a show like the Adam Hills one that has already been shown several times anyway - very frustrating.

Anyway here's to Rage hopefully airing this missing Countdown......

You win the prize Gary for correctly stating a 1986 show would get dropped. September 21 it was and gone into the ether to return in 12 months time if we are lucky, all because of the last 60 seconds of soccer when some last-minute goal got scored leading to 40 minutes of extra time. What did I tell you about sport always interfering with Rage but only in Retro season?

And as I predicted they just cut a segment of clips that ran for 15 minutes from the Saturday morning show and pasted that in the place of the 55 minute Countdown in order to regain time.

I've just had what appears to be a confirmation from Rage about this missing show...

HI Rage - this January's Retro month was great as always and I know everyone appreciated your efforts. I have to ask though due to the soccer over-running last night by 40 minutes, this led to Rage cutting out a promised Countdown episode - 21 Sept 1986. Rather than wait a year until next January to see it, it would be great if Rage could air it during one of their slots during the week - the Thursday night slot on ABC3 would be ideal. Again, thanks for this January and hope to see this missing episode soon, cheers!
Like · · Share

rage Will probably show it during the week. Stay tuned.
Like · Reply · Just now

Good news, nice to know they do actually listen to their viewers (occasionally).

If this eventuates then a big thanks to all those Facebookers who helped out.

I will record Rage every night just in case although I expect it will be on either Tuesday or Thursday if it happens.

That would be the 201st 1980's Countdown to have been played by Rage.

Ok just had confirmation from Rage about the 1986 episode...

rage The September 21st, 1986 episode will be played on Wednesday night at 9:30pm on ABC3.

There you go - proof that an extra ABC channel is worth it sometimes....!

I've just put in a slight comment over there that hopefully this may lead to an inspiration in putting to air one ep a week in that timeslot :) Fingers crossed eh?

At Patrick,

Between you and I and a small handful, we get our 1986 missing episode!

It pays to be on rage's Facebook page, they HAD to play it or they knew we would be on their back. rage really are GOOD to us xxxxx

This is the exact point I and others have been making, it shows that rage can play COUNTDOWN on ABC3, one episode a week is more than viable!!!!!!

Great result. Well done to everyone who posted on facebook about it (I can't myself), it clearly worked.

One episode of Countdown a week would be brilliant. Even if it were repeats of episodes previously shown on Rage, it would still be getting it out there. I'd happily watch any eighties episodes anytime, especially 84-85.

Great news indeed and it pays to be on Facebook to keep Rage on their toes with airing shows.

But this does prove that ABC3 can easily be used to air classic music TV shows and other archived material. Might be an idea to keep on suggesting Rage or the ABC in general use their digital channels better in terms of airing older shows.

Anyway glad this 1986 episode will be aired, good news.