Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage

This post informing us "in a nutshell" is very handy and I refer to it very often. I need to copy and paste it somewhere for easy access.
My timer recording ended one minute before the end of COUNTDOWN April 26th, 1987. As you are aware this episode was between 6:00am and 7:00am. Does this mean that I get a second shot at it in on Wednesday night? Hopefully there are no exceptions.
Of course I would trade it off for the COUNTDOWN September 21st, 1986 which was cut. I'm wishfully thinking that it will get considered in the next Retro Month being January 2016.

Michael
Also, I got a bit of the guest programming last Saturday night and around 5am, they repeated some of the Rick Astley programming from a year ago??? Is this usual?

Actually, that was 2 years ago now . I didn't mind, though, because when it originally aired, the watermark was in the 4:3 screen area. Oddly, though, I don't think it was a direct hour taken from his programming, because it started with him saying 'good evening', and then on a later segment where he introduced a video, it was 'good morning'.

The week before, the 5-6am Sunday slot was Van She programming an hour of Vault videos. The majority, if not all (I haven't checked their previous playlist) of the videos they chose they also chose when programming in 2012. I wonder if that was another random hour of repeat from 2 years earlier? Again, I didn't mind, because last time the watermark was in the 4:3 area.

For the last couple of months, rage have aired retro videos between 5-6am Sunday, which is great

I like the bit where it says never before repeated episodes, hopefully that will be exclusively but I am suspecting 70's repeats will be thrown into the mix.

Disappointing if Retro gets cut off at 5am considering it already starts after midnight and Rage goes until 7am on Sunday mornings these days but five Saturdays should give us a fair amount, a bit over 20 hours at that rate. Don't tell me there is some basketball or hockey tournament starting in January.

Please, no Joe Cocker Special....unless they show Countdown episode 531 which Joe Cocker and Angry Anderson hosted and has a great Countdown clip for Jean Beauvoir - Feel The Heat

Joe Cocker hosting Countdown episode 531 - October 19 1986
 photo Countdown_0093_zps0c772e1d.jpg

Guru Bob
I am suspecting 70's repeats will be thrown into the mix.

Please, no Joe Cocker Special....unless they show Countdown episode 531 which Joe Cocker and Angry Anderson hosted and has a great Countdown clip for Jean Beauvoir - Feel The Heat

I'm also hoping they keep the Joe Cocker tribute (if there is one, surprised there wasn't this weekend) stuff to Saturday morning.

I must say I'm not a fan of when rage air 'themed' nights during retro month, like this year's Elton John-themed night which was just awful IMO, or when they started each episode with an hour+ long concert performance a couple of years back. I much prefer random retro nights.

I also get the feeling there'll be a couple of 70s Countdown repeats.

Frank FM
This post informing us "in a nutshell" is very handy and I refer to it very often. I need to copy and paste it somewhere for easy access.
My timer recording ended one minute before the end of COUNTDOWN April 26th, 1987. As you are aware this episode was between 6:00am and 7:00am. Does this mean that I get a second shot at it in on Wednesday night? Hopefully there are no exceptions.
Of course I would trade it off for the COUNTDOWN September 21st, 1986 which was cut. I'm wishfully thinking that it will get considered in the next Retro Month being January 2016.

Yes, it will re-air on Wednesday night on ABC3 from 9:30 - unless they re-arrange what they air (probably on either Tues or Wed night, though it would be nice if they scrapped the needless repeat of new release videos on Monday night) due to the un-aired Countdown.