Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown Sept 21 1986 - Show 527

Show not shown due to soccer running overtime. Did any state anywhere actually get to see it, I can only speak for Melbourne so far. Only chances maybe Adelaide or Perth given the time difference although generally the same Rage broadcast goes out everywhere.

Bummer.....

I quite enjoyed that episode.

Rare clips from Hollywood Beyond, Jean Beauvoir, Rose Tattoo and Paul McCartney. Uncanny X-Men were great live and good to see Dragon and Hoodoo Gurus as well.

Couldn't remember White Xmas or John Eddie at all, although after seeing them again after 29 years there is probably a reason why I forgot them.

Great way to wrap up Retro season. Thanks to those that petitioned for this episode to be shown.

'John Eddie' or should we say 'George Michael'! WTF was going on there? At first my brother thought it was Glenn Robbins trying to be a pop star.

Wasn't White Xmas studio performance of 'Pearl Necklace' shown on a Countdown episode last year or the year before? Maybe it was the clip or a different studio performance?

and yes...The Reels were on this episode. Loved how slow and melon collie the song is and Dave looking spaced out and the audience is clapping so fast like it's an upbeat pop song!

I always thought the video for 'Feel The Heat' had excerpts of the movie 'Cobra' with Sly Stallone. It's on the movie and always thought it was written for the movie?

Hey Jason, are you going to put together the playlist for 21/9/86 episode and add it to your archives page?

Thought I'd type it up and post it :

Year: 1986
Date: 21/9/1986
Show no:527
Summary:HOSTED BY MOLLY. MOLLY INTERVIEWS DAVE FAULKNER FROM HOODOO GURUS RE US TOUR. DAVE MASON FROM THE REELS INTRODUCES THE US TOP 5. BRIAN MANNIX FROM UNCANNY X-MEN INTRODUCES THE NATIONAL TOP 10.
STUDIO PERFORMANCES:
HOODOO GURUS – POISON PEN
THE REELS – BAD MOON RISING
DRAGON – DREAMS OF ORDINARY MEN
WHITE XMAS – PEARL NECKLACE
UNCANNY X-MEN – DON’T WAKE ME
VIDEO CLIPS:
CROWDED HOUSE – NOW WE’RE GETTING SOMEWHERE
HOLLYWOOD BEYOND – WHAT’S THE COLOUR OF MONEY (CHARTBUSTER)
JOHN EDDIE – JUNGLE BOY
JEAN BEAUVOIR – FEEL THE HEAT (INCLUDES INTERVIEW) (CHARTBUSTER)
PAUL MCCARTNEY – PRESS (CHARTBUSTER)
ROSE TATTOO – CALLING
TOP 3 SONGS HAPPENING ON THE DANCEFLOOR:
GAVIN WOOD INTRODUCES FROM ‘INFLATION’ NIGHTCLUB, KING ST. MELBOURNE.
EURYTHMICS – MISSIONARY MAN (EXCERPT) (CHARTBUSTER)
JOHN JUSTIN – PINK CADILLAC (EXCERPT)
BELINDA CARLISLE – MAD ABOUT YOU (EXCERPT)
HUMDRUM:
PAUL MCCARTNEY – PRESS TO PLAY (ALBUM REVIEW)
GENESIS – IN TOO DEEP (EXCERPT)
BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE SHOWING MAKING OF FILM AT DISNEYLAND FEATURING MICHAEL JACKSON (NEWS FOOTAGE FROM CH.9)
NATIONAL TOP TEN:
10. TOUCH ME (I WANT YOUR BODY) – SAMANTHA FOX
09. GLORY OF LOVE – PETER CETERA
08. HIGHER LOVE – STEVE WINWOOD
07. THE DEAD HEART – MIDNIGHT OIL
06. WA WA NEE – I COULD MAKE YOU LOVE ME
05. MADONNA – PAPA DON’T PREACH
04. BERLIN – TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
03. CYNDI LAUPER – TRUE COLORS
02. DANCING ON THE CEILING – LIONEL RICHIE
01. BANANARAMA 'VENUS'