Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: An inside update for this weekend

So agree about Antenna....boring and not a good fit for Retro month.
Really wish they could dig up more Beatbox instead - they don't need to show a whole ep,just bits and pieces.

After a disappointing week 3, not much to inspire overall again this weekend - way too many Countdown Revolution and Hitscene eps.

But I will be looking forward to seeing Jason on the Batdance ep.
Like Bob,"Love is A Stranger" is also my very fave Eurythmics clips - Annie's voice is positively ethereal here and she looks drop dead gorgeous.

abbaluke
This gives away pretty much the entire playlist for Saturday morning which is going to be a chunk of the same Reels clips we've seen ad-nauseum over the past few years (spare me...enough of The Reels already) , plus Warumpi Band, Midnight Oil, Deep Purple and Kylie Minogue...sigh. The excitement of potential uber-rare gems on the Saturday morning has completely disappeared this year

It tends to be like this every time rage stick with a 'theme' during retro month. I must say I really dislike the 'themes' they have, because they usually result in common-as-muck clips and repeats of clips that have recently aired. I wish they wouldn't do it.

I wanted to see some Countdown Revolution episodes, but I'm surprised at how many were selected, and over 2 weeks (so far).

I would've liked to see 1 or 2 episodes of The Factory scattered across the month (music segments only, perhaps, instead of full 3-hour episodes [though they were 2 hours towards the end]).

I'm also surprised at the lack of Rock Arena.

I'm not really a fan of A Big Country either. The half-hour long, mainly interview show gets boring quickly if you're not a fan of the artist featured, and is a boring way to open a retro night, as happens this weekend.

5 episodes (so far) of Antenna is way, way too much for one month.

I remember a while back someone requested rage air an episode of Vidiot during retro month. While I don't think that necessarily belongs in retro month either, I'd probably rather see that than more episodes of Antenna.

I'm not sure if it was me that requested Vidiot? But yeah, that show was funny and I watched it quite a bit back in '92.

Michael
I'm not sure if it was me that requested Vidiot? But yeah, that show was funny and I watched it quite a bit back in '92.

I watched it most nights after school in '92 and '93... was it on in '94 too? I can't remember.