Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An inside update for this weekend

We will round fourth base and enter the home stretch as Retro Month powers on this Saturday. New wave/synth-pop maven Dave Mason from The Reels will be hosting an early 80's episode of Countdown, so prepare for garish colours and crazy geometric patterns everywhere.

Our veritable feast of classic Antenna, A Big Country, Countdown Revolution and Hit Scene episodes continues with guests like Warumpi Band,Midnight Oil, Deep Purple and Kylie Minogue.

I think the Countdown Revolution Batdance comp may be getting played if they are mentioning Kylie. Seems like only 1 Countdown will be played, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And that silly Antenna is back!

Re: An inside update for this weekend

'Classic' Antenna?

rage have been told by MANY how much Antenna is NON MUSIC related last weekend yet it is dominating this years rage goes retro season! Where are all the Countdown's? Ughhhh, I really thought with the 40th Anniversary of Countdown this year HEAPS would be played but this is not the case.

The fact that many 70s Countdown's were destroyed BUT Antenna exists is just a joke. Will there be MORE Plane and Chimney segments this weekend? Maybe toilet cleaning and Lollipop ladies????

This gives away pretty much the entire playlist for Saturday morning which is going to be a chunk of the same Reels clips we've seen ad-nauseum over the past few years (spare me...enough of The Reels already) , plus Warumpi Band, Midnight Oil, Deep Purple and Kylie Minogue...sigh. The excitement of potential uber-rare gems on the Saturday morning has completely disappeared this year

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh, rage mentioned only 1 Countdown last week but we got two. I am hoping in this case, again we at least get 2 episodes as I know 3 is asking too much it seems. If so, PLEASE let it be Early 80s, unrepeated and full of Studio Performances.

Countdown Revolution hopefully will be the Batdance Comp as it is more like Countdown filled with performances and dancing etc as last weekends Revolutions were plain WASTE of time

I am SO missing Countdown over the last weeks

I know they are not music related but I enjoyed watching the antenna episodes - although please no more remote controlled planes! The only downside for me is Countdown Revolution - but if it's the one Jason mentioned it might be worth watching.

Jason 'The Moderator'
Will there be MORE Plane and Chimney segments this weekend? Maybe toilet cleaning and Lollipop ladies????

abbaluke
This gives away pretty much the entire playlist for Saturday morning which is going to be a chunk of the same Reels clips we've seen ad-nauseum over the past few years (spare me...enough of The Reels already) , plus Warumpi Band, Midnight Oil, Deep Purple and Kylie Minogue...sigh. The excitement of potential uber-rare gems on the Saturday morning has completely disappeared this year

It tends to be like this every time rage stick with a 'theme' during retro month. I must say I really dislike the 'themes' they have, because they usually result in common-as-muck clips and repeats of clips that have recently aired. I wish they wouldn't do it.

Gary
I know they are not music related but I enjoyed watching the antenna episodes - although please no more remote controlled planes! The only downside for me is Countdown Revolution - but if it's the one Jason mentioned it might be worth watching.

I think 'Antenna' is OK as a once-off kind of thing, but two episodes in two consecutive weeks is far too much.

ohnoitisnathan
Gary

I think 'Antenna' is OK as a once-off kind of thing, but two episodes in two consecutive weeks is far too much.

Antenna should be dusted off and shown.....on ABC3 Kids. It was aimed at kids back in the time. I would probably record every episode.

It is not the right program for Retro unless it is more of the music related shows they did like Uncanny X-Men on week 2 as that was brilliant. We don't need chimney sweeps in Retro season so hopefully they will have music related items.

So agree about Antenna....boring and not a good fit for Retro month.
Really wish they could dig up more Beatbox instead - they don't need to show a whole ep,just bits and pieces.

After a disappointing week 3, not much to inspire overall again this weekend - way too many Countdown Revolution and Hitscene eps.

But I will be looking forward to seeing Jason on the Batdance ep.
Like Bob,"Love is A Stranger" is also my very fave Eurythmics clips - Annie's voice is positively ethereal here and she looks drop dead gorgeous.

I wanted to see some Countdown Revolution episodes, but I'm surprised at how many were selected, and over 2 weeks (so far).

I would've liked to see 1 or 2 episodes of The Factory scattered across the month (music segments only, perhaps, instead of full 3-hour episodes [though they were 2 hours towards the end]).

I'm also surprised at the lack of Rock Arena.

I'm not really a fan of A Big Country either. The half-hour long, mainly interview show gets boring quickly if you're not a fan of the artist featured, and is a boring way to open a retro night, as happens this weekend.

5 episodes (so far) of Antenna is way, way too much for one month.

I remember a while back someone requested rage air an episode of Vidiot during retro month. While I don't think that necessarily belongs in retro month either, I'd probably rather see that than more episodes of Antenna.

I'm not sure if it was me that requested Vidiot? But yeah, that show was funny and I watched it quite a bit back in '92.

Michael
I'm not sure if it was me that requested Vidiot? But yeah, that show was funny and I watched it quite a bit back in '92.

I watched it most nights after school in '92 and '93... was it on in '94 too? I can't remember.