Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: retro week 3 - specific times

Hi Lee, Is the "Nights and Days" clip the one I posted Facebook a couple of years ago? That was from a WA based clip show called "Trax". Have you got the "In My World" CD? I can make a copy if you like.

Guru Bob

Funny that they still won't play any 1972 Hitscenes, they are playing the 12th from 1969 and the 10th from 1970 but they have never shown any from 1972.

I think the episode from 1969 has been aired before back in January 2012. Rage displayed it as 'HIT SCENE January 1st, 1969' which is an error as the show didn't kick off until May 1969. Another Retro month and they still haven't shown any episodes from 1972.

Dave

I think the episode from 1969 has been aired before back in January 2012. Rage displayed it as 'HIT SCENE January 1st, 1969' which is an error as the show didn't kick off until May 1969. Another Retro month and they still haven't shown any episodes from 1972.

Items dated Jan 1 are default dates if they haven't got the specific date recorded. As all the runsheets are known surely they could just match it up to the correct date by comparing the footage to the records.

Just have to hope they have more than one episode from 1969 with unknown date or it would be a repeat.

Antenna? WTF? I don't even remember that show. And it's not really a music show which means valuable airtime is wasted with chimney sweeps FFS. I want Rock Arenas instead!

Am I being too harsh?

Clip Magnet
Antenna? WTF? I don't even remember that show. And it's not really a music show which means valuable airtime is wasted with chimney sweeps FFS. I want Rock Arenas instead!

Am I being too harsh?

I found some (like a combined 5-10 minutes) of the Antenna episodes interesting, but yes I thought it was a bit much sitting through 90 minutes (those 2 episodes + the show on Hush) of predominantly interview segments about non-music stuff (roadies, feeding zoo animals, remote control aeroplanes and chimney sweeps) waiting for Countdown Revolution to start.

I agree, it would have been better to air a Rock Arena or something else. Even if the contents weren't exactly to my taste, it still would have been MUSIC.

I'm pretty sure the Hit Scene episode was a repeat too. Haven't watched it yet (not that interested either), but I definitely had an episode with that Shocking Blue clip on a 5 hour VHS tape I used to record a night of retro month in 2002 or thereabouts.

I hope there's no further 'long interview segments' for the final 2 weeks of retro month.

Agreed, Antenna was out of place for RAGE Retro month.