Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
retro week 3

Rage starts at midnight and finishes at 7, leaving 6 hours for retro stuff. As someone (I think Guru) mentioned, the Asian Cup begins at 10 and finishes at 12 (if it ends on time).

Re: retro week 3

Yes, midnight this week and on the 24th (Retro 4) it will start at 11:50pm

The blurb is up on the website now, featuring a picture of Daryl Somers and Ossie Ostrich.

edit - I posted this before reading it. Doesn't offer any new info.

Calling all retro nuts, the kind that spend every spare minute cataloging their VHS collection of lost interviews or scouring the internet for rare live performances. The Countdown fiends. The Rock Arena addicts. The GTK maniacs. Your time is here.

That's right, it's Retro Month again and we are opening the vault to unleash forty years of vintage gold. The outrageous hair, the unbelievable wardrobe and the accurately mimed hits are all back and just as good as you remember.

Every weekend in January, you'll see classic clips from the 60s, the 70s, and the 80s with live performances, interviews and more – some of which are seeing light for the first time since Whitlam was in office.

Join us for the first installment of Rage Goes Retro on Saturday 3rd January from 10:30-11:30am, returning for the night from 12:19pm on ABC.

Whitlam in office? Well that puts some of the offerings before Nov 1975, so I would say some GTK is on it's way or some Hitscene old bean {unless there has been a Countdown find they have kept under wraps}.

The Daryl Somers and Ozzie Ostrich hosted Countdown show is definitely on the cards from 1981.

I am VERY concerned there is only ONE Countdown this weekend :-( I really hope NOT!

But, I don't get how Hitscene mentions Eurythmics and Icehouse?????? Is that supposed to be Countdown or Rock Arena?

So Daryl and Ozzy Ostrich is 1981, YAY! WIll go and try and find the show info!

Just reading the Week 3 playlist with the two Hitscene episodes included as they have the first one displayed as 'January 1st, 1969'. Could this be a mistake because if memory serves me well the show didn't start until May 1969.

The December 5th Episode is correct with the lineup below:

Ep 75 Dec 5 1970

OPENING TITLES WHITE SOLID TITLES OVER ST KILDA MARINA
STRANGERS - MR. PRESIDENT
BLUES IMAGE - RIDE CAPTAIN RIDE (HIT SCENCE CONCEPT CLIP WITH FOOTAGE OF SPEEDBOATS ETC WITH ISSY DY)
CASSI JAMES - WHICH WAY YOU GOING BILLY
CASSI JAMES INTERVIEW
BOOBY BLOOM - MONTEGO BAY (HIT SCENCE CONCEPT CLIP WITH FOOTAGE OF FASHION MODELS IN SWIMWEAR AT MARINA)
DICK WILLIAMS RECORD REVIEW: COUNTRY JOE MACDONALD, NOW SOUND COMPILE, MERRYWEATHER RICHARDSON & BOERS, LETTERMEN
MIXTURES - IN THE SUMMERTIME
HANS POULSON - THERE'S A LIGHT ACROSS THE VALLEY
HANS POULSON INTERVIEW
TANGERINE BALLOON - IT RAINED IN NEW YORK

I went to bed after the 2nd Countdown Revolution episode, so haven't watched the rest yet. I enjoyed the first Countdown Revolution episode, but the 2nd was a little underwhelming. Can't stand Mark Little as co-host though, he is awful!

I had to when Kylie was saying how much she liked the new D Mob song, but couldn't remember the name of "the female member"... who would go-on to write her biggest hit 11 years later. Classic!

I remember Antenna from back in the day. I dont think its really retro music month material though. I remember the hosts ended up elsewhere on OZ tour in the future.

Revolution is also boring, looking back at it now. Although I enjoyed Tania Lacey, Mark Little was the wrong choice for this period of the show.

The hosts they had in 1989 were better.

Countdown episodes were good, although Daryl Somers could have spared us his singing.

Jump Incorporated were one hit wonders. It is interesting to think, how many one-hit wonders hosted Countdown over it's life span. M and Pop Muzik, Roger Voudouris etc were others.

It might not be a music show but I enjoyed the Antenna episodes - especially the first one.

The doco on the Hush roadies was great - nice to have some 70's.

And that Jump Inc singer sounds a lot like the singer from Suede.

The only negative was the missing Hitscene episode.

I went to bed when the first Antenna came on. I was expecting a music special, like the Uncanny X-Men and it started off promising too with BS 'Dancing In The Dark'. Then they did a story about Chimney Sweeping, I went 'what the f@#k' and went to bed. The host looked familiar and I think she went on to co-host the Children's TV show 'Ridgey Didge'. I haven't watched the rest of the episode or anything from last night (2-6am) yet. Hoping for some good stuff!

The reporter that did the animal food story went on to star in home and away and can be seen today flogging insurance or something on morning tv

JASE
The reporter that did the animal food story went on to star in home and away and can be seen today flogging insurance or something on morning tv

He also hosted Double Dare in 1989.

There doesn't appear to be any Asian Cup Soccer on this week or next so Rage should start as scheduled with no segments cut.

Next week (Retro 5 Jan 31) Rage will start at 12:07