Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EXTRA COUNTDOWN 1987 EPISODE FULL DETAILS

Year:1987
Date:12/4/1987
Show no:549
Summary:THIS WEEKS SHOW IS HOSTED BY PETER O'BRIEN FROM THE FLYING DOCTORS. MOLLY (WITH HAT) PRESENTS HUMDRUM AND PREVIEWS THREE MUSIC CLIPS THE HOUSEMARTINS 'CARAVAN OF LOVE'(39.33),CURIOSITY
KILLED THE CAT 'DOWN TO EARTH'(41.10),PETER WOLF 'COME AS YOU ARE'(41.29).MOLLY INTERVIEWS PETER O'BRIEN ABOUT THE FLYING DOCTORS AT THE END OF THE SHOW(53.50).LOCAL ARTISTS:
MODELS 'HOLD ON'(0.54)LIVE
THE RADIATORS 'DREAMING'(17.21)LIVE
NIOSEWORKS 'TAKE ME BACK'(26.23)
REDGUM 'ROLL IT ON ROBBIE'(35.09)
HOODOO GURUS 'WHAT'S MY SCENE'(47.04)
OVERSEAS ARTISTS:
MEL & KIM 'SHOWING OUT'(5.19)
THE PRETENDERS 'HYM TO HER'(8.59)
WANG CHUNG 'LET'S GO'(13.24)
WORLD PARTY 'SHIP OF FOOLS'(22.30)
PRINCE 'SIGN O'THE TIMES'(29.40)
MADONNA 'LA ISLA BONITA'(43.02)
PAUL LEKAKIS 'BOOM BOOM'(55.29)
NATIONAL TOP TEN:
COCKROACHES 'SHE'S THE ONE'
GABRIEL & BUSH 'DON'T GIVE UP'
MAN 2 MAN MEET MAN PARRISH 'MALE STRIPPER'
STACEY Q 'WE CONNECT'
CHANTOOZIES 'WITCH QUEEN'
BOY GEORGE 'EVERYTHING I OWN'
ROBBIE NEVIL 'C'EST LA VIE'
FRANKLIN/MICHAEL 'I KNEW YOU WERE WAITING'
EUROPE 'THE FINAL COUNTDOWN'

Re: EXTRA COUNTDOWN 1987 EPISODE FULL DETAILS

Hopefully Paul Lekakis's 'Boom Boom' is the 'video' (Discoring TV performance from Italy), and not just the Countdown dancers medley with 'Male Stripper' that has aired previously.

But given the timing of it, and there only being 9 videos listed in the top 10 there, it was probably #1 that week, and so if it airs, it will no doubt not be from the start, and will have the credits over it anyway

This is the repeated Rock Arena. As mentioned in 2010, The Tribe and Scribble are great and rare clips, but probably not quite so the second time around.

December 18 1984
THIS WEEKS FOCUS IS ON AUSTRALIAN BANDS.THE HOST SUZANNE DOWLING TALKS ABOUT THREE BANDS DURING THE SHOW,THE TRIBE(10.12),BEARGARDEN(19.26) AND THE MACHINATIONS(27.90).THERE IS A SPECIAL LIVE PERFORMANCE BY THE MACHINATIONS AT THE CHEVRON IN SYDNEY;ARTISTS:;PUNTER TO PUNTER 'PUNT,PUNT,PUNT'(0.15);I'M TALKING 'TRUST ME'(2.59);THE TRIBE 'DREAMS'(6.42);FLASH AND THE PAN 'MIDNIGHT MAN'(11.03);ROSE TATTOO 'FREEDOMS FLAME'(14.57);SCRIBBLE 'ADAPTABILITY'(20.17);BEARGARDEN 'THE FINER THINGS'(23.37);MACHINATIONS 'JUMPING THE GAP'(28.53)LIVE;MACHINATIONS 'AVERAGE INADEQUACY'(32.59)LIVE;MACHINATIONS 'MAN OVERBOARD'(37.20)LIVE;MACHINATIONS 'EXECUTION (OF LOVE)'(42.55)LIVE;MACHINATIONS 'PRESSURE SWAY'(47.03)LIVE;MACHINATIONS 'NO SAY IN IT'(52.33)LIVE

I was aware of this episode being a repeat, but I completely forgot about those rare treats of Aussie clips at the start of the show. So, the Machinations concert only goes for 30mins?

Deacon Blue's 'Dignity' is a great track. I have to purchase that one on itunes.

What I noticed with 1987 episodes is that the sets became very boring and no 'Countdown' title etc in the background. The Countdown Dance Crew weren't that great. Anyone could dance like that after a few beers. Maybe it was great dancing back then?

Michael
What I noticed with 1987 episodes is that the sets became very boring and no 'Countdown' title etc in the background. The Countdown Dance Crew weren't that great. Anyone could dance like that after a few beers. Maybe it was great dancing back then?

The Countdown Dance Crew was a stupid idea IMO... same as when they had dancers on Countdown Revolution (which I'd forgotten about until the repeats a few years ago on rage).

I didn't need the video, but I hated how they switched to the dancers during the middle 8 section of Mel & Kim's 'Showing Out'.