Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: retro week 2

But is a repeat as I have since discovered

Just wondering if Rage are having a bit of a theme.

The first week seemed to have a few November episodes and week 2 has had mostly April episodes. Even the episode of Antenna appeared to be from April if 50 Years had just been released.

Inside Story, Once More Without Vocals was advertised as being from 1970 but it was a 1978 episode.

They have been going with this "theme" thing for a number of years so it would not surprise me Gurubob.

Watched a bit of last nights, probably not as good as Week One. I never object to picking up episodes I have not seen, even 1987 which were a bit dull. Just did not like that Pirate TV format at all. No wonder it did not last.

Guru Bob
Just wondering if Rage are having a bit of a theme.

The first week seemed to have a few November episodes and week 2 has had mostly April episodes. Even the episode of Antenna appeared to be from April if 50 Years had just been released.

I was thinking the same thing, Guru.

I suppose at least it means some wider variety in episodes picked (unless they were from the same year), than in some recent years.

They sure do seem to love their themes when it comes to retro month.

I noticed the April theme too, when they played '50 Years' on Antenna. Brian Mannix is a funny guy.

I know Molly has a lot to say/remember in a limited time when doing Humdrum, but I laughed when he said that Madonna is getting rave reviews for her performance in 'Searching for Susan'

Also, something I forgot to mention last week was when Gavin Wood did the April '81 Top 10 and said watch out for Debbie Harry's self titled album coming out in June called 'Debonese'